RUMOR--The Bills called the Falcons about Julio Jones?

6 minutes ago, 4thandGoal said:

how can our defense not be better... we lost BRown and Gaines and acquired Edmunds, Davis, Phillips  and we need better years from Lawson and Hughes

Not to mention Star and Trent Murphy 

56 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

19M in space this year as of now.

I have heard Bills are going to explore possible trade options for a WR after the draft.  One team I did hear that they would look at is Denver with Denver taking multiple WRs in the draft.

I was looking at this yesterday, I feel like Sanders is a reasonable trade option at this point

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

I’d take him for a 3rd.  He’s a great player but is always dinged up and disappears for games at a time.  If we trade more for him, I’d still be excited.....I mean we landed Julio Jones, but I’d rather go for a younger less banged up WR.

A 3rd?

lawdy. 

We got a 3rd for Tyrod. 

Julio is worth a first. 

8 minutes ago, Bakin said:

A 3rd?

lawdy. 

We got a 3rd for Tyrod. 

Julio is worth a first. 

I’m sure he is to many teams.  I wouldn’t give up a first for him. Not at 29 with our current situation.  We have lots of money next year. Pay OL and WRs.  Don’t give away a 1st rd lick AND pay big bucks.  1st rd Draft picks are crucial.  Possibly great players under contract for 5 years, 4 of which are really good value.  Julio is too dinged up and used to give up a 1st for.  He might have a couple all pro season left in him playing for the falcons, but not for us. I’d rather have the 1st.  Jmo   

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

I’d take him for a 3rd.  He’s a great player but is always dinged up and disappears for games at a time.  If we trade more for him, I’d still be excited.....I mean we landed Julio Jones, but I’d rather go for a younger less banged up WR.

He just had 1400 yards in a down year.............he's fetching a much tidier return than that if they deal him.

WR are HIGHLY valued by most of the NFL.......see what Davonte Adams got paid.    The freaks stopped coming after the 2014 draft........league is starving for stud WR. 

Julio missed part of the Bills game but played in all 16 in 2017........his durability concerns are a little overblown.

The comp might be Andre Johnson........though I think Julio is a little more talented even.........and Andre had 4 more GREAT years and a 900+ yard 5th year after Julio's age.  

So maybe you re-work his deal so he gets 5 years at top WR money.......kinda' like they did with McCoy who coincidentally also had 3 years left on his Eagles contract.

So 5 years...........basically the expected Bills career-span of a typical Bills first rounder for the past 25 years.:thumbsup:

Edited by BADOLBILZ

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Why doesn’t it make sense? Teams don’t trade top 2 receivers when they are a playoff team. The Falcons are 15 months removes from a 25 point Super Bowl lead. Established superstars don’t get dealt. They especially don’t get traded from good teams. This rumor is absurd and should be treated as such.

It’s not like we even have the cap space to think about it this year either...

6 hours ago, FearLess Price said:

Id give up a 2nd and a 4th. Our 1st round pick is gonna be top 10 next year and we need a top end ER.

I think they are expecting to be drafting from the position of a winning record again though.

They are pretty full of their process and they have scoreboard to point to.    Personally I think they just very fortunate that they had the right QB to play Jauron Ball with last year but there is no doubt that about 12-13 of the 17 games they played they got more out of their team than their talent would indicate likely.

I would trade next years number one for Julio all day.  This team is gaining talent and depth but are desperate for a #1 WR and could use oline help.  Next years draft should be about finding a number one WR and new starting OL.  Instead of drafting WR next season, it makes sense to trade for one now.  Roster cuts around league will be very interesting.  I am sure we will add a few players after cuts

53 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He just had 1400 yards in a down year.............he's fetching a much tidier return than that if they deal him.

WR are HIGHLY valued by most of the NFL.......see what Davonte Adams got paid.    The freaks stopped coming after the 2014 draft........league is starving for stud WR. 

Julio missed part of the Bills game but played in all 16 in 2017........his durability concerns are a little overblown.

The comp might be Andre Johnson........though I think Julio is a little more talented even.........and Andre had 4 more GREAT years and a 900+ yard 5th year after Julio's age.  

So maybe you re-work his deal so he gets 5 years at top WR money.......kinda' like they did with McCoy who coincidentally also had 3 years left on his Eagles contract.

So 5 years...........basically the expected Bills career-span of a typical Bills first rounder for the past 25 years.:thumbsup:

Julio is amazing.  If I were another team, I may do it.  I just wouldn’t trade a 1st rd pick for him if I were Beane.  I was probably pushing it by saying a 3rd, I realize Atlanta would never do that.  I’d give them a 2nd for him, just not a 1st.  

I’d rather make a bid for OBj.  I’d give a first for him and make him the leagues highest paid for the next 5 years

22 minutes ago, Pete said:

I would trade next years number one for Julio all day.  This team is gaining talent and depth but are desperate for a #1 WR and could use oline help.  Next years draft should be about finding a number one WR and new starting OL.  Instead of drafting WR next season, it makes sense to trade for one now.  Roster cuts around league will be very interesting.  I am sure we will add a few players after cuts

I generally agree but I think next years draft is heavy on big time pass rushers.......many of the inside sort......so the early pick is like a DL to replace Hughes or KW as a 3T.   

WR should be the equal focus of need but I don't know if there is one that matches up with the DL prospects.

If they can get Julio Jones I pull that trigger...........that totally changes your offensive outlook IMO which likely means your draft pick is somewhere after #15 which probably puts you out of the ELITE DL anyway.

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:22 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

I generally agree but I think next years draft is heavy on big time pass rushers.......many of the inside sort......so the early pick is like a DL to replace Hughes or KW as a 3T.   

WR should be the equal focus of need but I don't know if there is one that matches up with the DL prospects.

If they can get Julio Jones I pull that trigger...........that totally changes your offensive outlook IMO which likely means your draft pick is somewhere after #15 which probably puts you out of the ELITE DL anyway.

I think it will also be a better draft for blockers. Perhaps much better.

• Like (+1) 1