Jordan Palmer: Buffalo Will Build A Statue For Josh Allen In A Few Years

7 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Just a question.....what do you think the average age is of these people making these tweets or searches on Google? How many are coming from campuses and from students from out of the area?

Believe me, I’m not saying there aren’t racists in WNY but what I originally responded to was a very lazy, blanketed statement.

So the theory is buffalo has an inordinate amount of college kids from elsewhere coming to the area and getting racist online?

where are they coming from and why are they moving to buffalo for school? Some strange recruiting process I’m not familiar with?

and honestly, why does it matter even if that improbable situation was the case? They would still be part of the community.

is there a data point you were looking for in particular?

Edited by NoSaint

11 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

So the theory is buffalo has an inordinate amount of college kids from elsewhere coming to the area and getting racist online?

where are they coming from and why are they moving to buffalo for school? Some strange recruiting process I’m not familiar with?

and honestly, why does it matter even if that improbable situation was the case? They would still be part of the community.

is there a data point you were looking for in particular?

Why don’t you throw out racially motivated crimes. Hate crimes in general. That would hold much more water with me than unknown people on the internet throwing out slurs.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

9 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Wy don’t you throw out racially motivated crimes. Hate crimes in general. That would hold much more water with me than unknown people on the internet throwing out slurs.

Not totally current, but still a bit higher on the hate crime per capita rate if you want to check out this map (again just among the first links to pop up... though you may start seeing patterns emerge in what have now been 4 links I’ve provided to different ways to pick up on trends... obviously no way to quantify this but saying there’s a reputation and some reasons for it being there isn’t unfair)

http://boisestatepublicradio.org/post/map-shows-boise-county-has-highest-hate-crime-rate-nation-it-s-wrong#stream/0

Edited by NoSaint

8 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Not totally current, but still a bit higher on the hate crime per capita rate if you want to check out this map (again just among the first links to pop up... though you may start seeing patterns emerge in what have now been 4 links I’ve provided to different ways to pick up on trends... obviously no way to quantify this but saying there’s a reputation and some reasons for it being there isn’t unfair)

http://boisestatepublicradio.org/post/map-shows-boise-county-has-highest-hate-crime-rate-nation-it-s-wrong#stream/0

Wow. Little to no hate crimes in Louisiana and many other states. Seems like accurate data right there.

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

Wow. Little to no hate crimes in Louisiana and many other states. Seems like accurate data right there.

All I pulled is what you asked for. It obviously comes with issues of what’s actually charged. 

For someone upset by casual comments you’ve brought little data and made a few of those comments yourself. I don’t mean that as an insult but it seems you might be the one that made up your mind without using data. 

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

All I pulled is what you asked for. It obviously comes with issues of what’s actually charged. 

For someone upset by casual comments you’ve brought little data and made a few of those comments yourself. I don’t mean that as an insult but it seems you might be the one that made up your mind without using data. 

No. I didn’t ask for bull ****. I asked for concrete data. Not some freaking Google search terms or twitter posts.

Whatever. Carry on with the crusade that WNY is full of racists.

1 minute ago, Binghamton Beast said:

No. I didn’t ask for bull ****. I asked for concrete data. Not some freaking Google search terms or twitter posts.

Whatever. Carry on with the crusade that WNY is full of racists.

I mean, I asked what data you’d like and you said hate crimes. Is there other concrete data you want instead? I also brought housing data, for example. 

Im very explicitly not saying WNY is full of racists but instead that by several differing metrics it simply tends to rank on the wrong end of the spectrum. I’ve gone out of my way to explicitly call out buffalo as having a lot of good things and good people but room to grow on race relations.

So far you’ve offered up that racists live everywhere, and that it could be transplants coming for college throwing off the stats online and hate crime data is incorrect. 

1 minute ago, Luka said:

So no one has anything else about our QB? Just gonna talk about "racism." Alright then.

Meh, I started to feel bad about the detour then remembered the 32 other threads about him and that this was far from the primary one anyway 

Just now, NoSaint said:

Meh, I started to feel bad about the detour then remembered the 32 other threads about him and that this was far from the primary one anyway 

Then let it die. There's only one thing I'm more sick of than numerous threads about the same topic, and that's people crying about racism and other bull **** SJW topics. I watch football to not have to listen to this crap.

8 minutes ago, Luka said:

Then let it die. There's only one thing I'm more sick of than numerous threads about the same topic, and that's people crying about racism and other bull **** SJW topics. I watch football to not have to listen to this crap.

I’ve got to ask... did I seem to be crying about racism here? Guy asked for data points to back up someone else’s comment, so I sent a few over. I seem to be the least emotional of the group, while the two of you got upset. 

8 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

You don’t have to be a great player to be a good coach.  Often the guys who managed to carve out a career as a backup know more about the technical aspects of playing than the great players who can get by with superior physical talent.

I get that most coaches were not great players, but, I'm just wondering what is so special about Jordan Palmer specifically.

13 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Say what you will but there is one guy who loves Josh Allen.... and I don’t mean Peter Prisco.  

Jordan Palmer was on John Murphy and he talked about Allen in glowing terms.   He also discussed why his completion percentage was so low and, why in this particular case, he isn’t concerned.  

The most surprising thing he said he said is that Bill fans are going to love Josh and that he is the passer he’s ever seen.  Better than Cutler or his brother Carston.  He also said that in a few years Bills fans will be building a statue to him.  

04-27 Jordan Palmer on One Bills Live https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/wgr550.hosted.cx/hosting/media/wgr550/1642018/122596011.mp3

to God's ears 0:)  0:)  0:)

13 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Your schtick is getting tired.

He won't be here long