Kiper and McShay Predict The Bills Will Pass on QB in 1st to “Fill Holes”

1 hour ago, eball said:

Yes, the widely known drafting history of Brandon Beane.  Makes perfect sense.  :doh:

I'm not talking about Beane drafts. SMH

With this thread I was talking about how the media must be looking at years past of OBD avoiding the QB position so looking at years past of OBD the media must expect OBD to not take a QB and go RB/CB in rd1. 

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

GUYS! Right from the article: "With no trades allowed, the pair has the Buffalo Bills missing out on a rush for quarterbacks, while scooping up players at other positions that fall down the board as a result. "

Not to defend old Dumb and Dumber, but they know the Bills are trading up. We did this same mock here at TBD with no trades allowed and didnt end up any better than them. Heck, I think I prefer their no-trade draft to ours. We reached for a QB at #12 and Rudolph was still available much later.

This mock is NOT a "prediction", that's just a bad thread title.

This is exactly what I said in the original post.  If you stopped whinging for one freaking second you would see that.  It helps if you read on a message board, friend. 

1 hour ago, TOboy said:

giphy.gif

Maybe you should read the original post, instead of piling on the whinging of @DrDawkinstein

45 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I'm not talking about Beane drafts. SMH

With this thread I was talking about how the media must be looking at years past of OBD avoiding the QB position so looking at years past of OBD the media must expect OBD to not take a QB and go RB/CB in rd1. 

Yes, because judging what a new GM will do based upon what prior GMs (with whom he had no relationship) did also makes perfect sense.

13 minutes ago, Hurricane Marv said:

If Mayfield goes first and we're dealing with a scenario of trading everything for Josh Allen at #5, then I'd prefer this far more boring but practical approach.

What about trading everything for Sammy Darnold at 2?  Or Rosen at 4 or 5?

Edited by BuffaloRush

5 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yeah well Pat Kirwin, in his final mock draft, predicted that the Bills would draft a safety at #12 and it wasn't even Minkah Fitzpatrick.

I get about 10-25% as upset as I used to; but, if the Bills draft a defensive back or a running back at #12 my head will likely explode.

Your exploding head was always my favorite part of draft day.

7 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/4/25/17279816/final-mel-kiper-jr-todd-mcshay-2018-nfl-mock-draft-has-buffalo-bills-getting-quarterback-rudolph

Mel Kiper and Todd McShay released their mock draft yesterday.  This would be a pretty bad scenario for the Bills.  Drafting Tremaine Edwards at 12, McGlinchy at 22, and then Mason Rudolph in the 2nd round.   If this happens I will start a new thread about why the 2018 draft was a fail for the Bills.

The one thing is - Kiper and McShay do not have trades in their mock draft and are selecting players in their spots as of yesterday

I actually like that scenario as this QB class is way overhyped and the Bills could use a stud LBer and OT in the first. I don't think Rudolph lasts until the second round as far, far too many teams are looking for a QB this year.

Steelers, Saints, Ravens, Patriots and one of them will draft Rudolph in the first. 

7 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I think it depends on NYG.  It is pretty much a given that the Browns take a QB.  What is still unknown is what NYG will do - QB or Barkley.  IF NYG takes a QB, that's three gone in the first 3 picks (Jets will take a QB at #3).  I doubt we move up to #4 if this happens.

That's why I say it depends on the Browns because if the Jets truly do covet Mayfield and the Browns take him at 1 then the Giants will take Darnold and then the Jets will take Rosen.  If that happens we're screwed.  I don't think the Browns take Mayfield.  I still think it's Sam Darnold at 1.

Three quarterbacks went in the Top 10 in 2012, with Andrew Luck going first to Indianapolis, Robert Griffin III going second to Washington, and Ryan Tannehill going eighth to Miami. Luck got off to a very good start but has been derailed recently by injuries. Griffin also got off to a good start but was derailed even more quickly by injuries and was out of the league altogether last year. And Tannehill has shown promise at times but missed all of last year with a knee injury, and the end of the previous year with a knee injury as well.

The next two quarterbacks taken were selected by two men with a great deal of quarterback expertise: Browns President Mike Holmgren, a quarterback guru credited with helping develop Joe Montana, Steve Young and Brett Favre, chose Brandon Weeden with the 22nd overall pick. And Broncos G.M. John Elway, a Hall of Fame quarterback himself, chose Brock Osweilerwith the 57th overall pick.

Who else was available when Holmgren chose Weeden and Elway chose Osweiler? Oh, just Super Bowl-winning quarterback Russell Wilson, who went to Seattle at 75, Super Bowl-winning quarterback Nick Foles, who went to Philadelphia at 88, and Kirk Cousins, who went to Washington at 102 and just got the biggest fully guaranteed contract in NFL history from the Vikings.

So while the 2012 quarterback class did have some big-time NFL talent, it didn’t go in the order it should have gone in — and even the talent evaluators who should have been the most equipped to recognize top quarterback talent whiffed badly.

7 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Your exploding head was always my favorite part of draft day.

Well, there have been plenty of episodes but as I said, I have calmed down.  But Tom, a DB in this draft will likely elicit a temper tantrum, and why not? We need a quarterback and if we are dumb enough to pass on one, how about a freaking blocker or 2?

The lack of quarterbacks and blockers have destroyed the Bills for 20 or so years. Wasting 1st round picks on defensive backs and running backs is what caused our team to be a dismal failure; in other words, suck. What always stuns me is how any sane Bills Fan can dispute this.