A couple Bills Rumors from WGR sports talk Saturday

10 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

I have a very difficult time believing that the Bills offered three firsts to get to the #2 spot. That might be the amount you give up for an Andrew Luck type, just not for any of these schmoes this year.

From what I've read NY Giants GM Gettleman wants a gold jacket player at that #2 spot. The only two possibilities I see are OG Quinton Nelson and S Minkah Fitzpatrick.

I don't think that there is a QB in this draft worth trading up to the #2 spot for...now the #4,#5 spots it would be different.

Washington gave up 3 firsts to get RGIII. And a bit more. Would've been a terrific trade if Griffin had been a good QB. 

It's not only Andrew Lucks for whom you give up that kind of a bounty. 

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Maybe not but listening to NFL Network radio Friday and the hosts said Giants brass believes Eli has 4 years left in him.  

Sure, but I'm guessing they're just saying this. This is the one of the Giants better chances to get a top rated college QB

Edited by nucci

3 hours ago, DougFlutie7 said:

Sal doesn’t have any sources outside of Lorenzo Alexsander. He’s a hack. A lot Bills fans like him though because he’s a fan boy homer. But he’s the furthest thing from an insider as your average Joe fan. 

Unjustified hate sounds like.. Did he harm the family pet or something?

16 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

They're afraid the Browns take Allen instead of Darnold. And if the Browns take Allen with the Bills already having secured #2 they'll lose their minds since he's the only QB they'll consider at 2. They want to make sure if they part with 2 it's for a Kings ransom. I'd hold off if I were Beane and if the Browns take Darnold the price drops to 12, 22 and a second. Can't lose next years 1st just to jump 10 spots when you're already giving up 2 of them.

no chance the deal happens before the draft, and i think they want Darnold too. If the Browns take Darnold we're in business

23 hours ago, billspro said:

I think you are undervaluing firsts a bit. The Chiefs essentially gave up two firsts to move up 17 spots last year. Three first should have the value of first overall. Maybe you have to throw in a few 4th or 5th rounders.

Cheifs only gave up 1 first. We got this years #1 and switched last years 1's. In hindsight I think we got fleeced on last years trade. This year we probably would've got a lot more

On 4/22/2018 at 9:54 AM, FeelingOnYouboty said:

LOL Giants are pretty clearly not taking a QB. Let’s not be paranoid. They’re doing us a favor by not accepting. We’ll get to 5 by giving up 12, 22 and 53 and we’ll get Rosen  Darnold for much cheaper

Cleaned that up for you.

19 hours ago, Where’sLloyd said:

In 1984 The Montreal Canadiens offered their entire draft for Pittsburgh’s number one....rejecting that was hardly stupid.

And of course Mike Ditka actually WAS able to trade an entire draft to get a running back; I don't recall and SB appearances from NO. Dallas traded away an outstanding running back and got pretty much the entire guts of the Vikings future drafts. They wound up with a couple of SBs because of that.

Of the many things the Giants could do, turning away from 3 #1s plus more to take a RB at 2 might not be the best thing in the world for them. Not in this draft.

23 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Washington gave up 3 firsts to get RGIII. And a bit more. Would've been a terrific trade if Griffin had been a good QB. 

It's not only Andrew Lucks for whom you give up that kind of a bounty. 

I think that's the point that RG3 failed badly in the long run and the Redskins were exceedingly lucky to have Kirk Cousins to fall back on.  Then, they didn't want to pay the guy because he was a fourth-round pick and not the first they gave up the farm for...

I can't imagine how badly the Redskins would have been these last few years without Cousins. A big reason in my view as to why that fourth rounder became a good starter is because he had time to sit, learn and develop.

RG3 was way overhyped for what he eventually became as an NFL QB and some of this year's prospects are looking the same way simply because so many teams are desperate for a starting caliber QB. A few of this years QB's may eventually develop into a decent starter. But none are of Luck's caliber and IMHO none are worth three first round picks. 

The 2018 Buffalo Bills have far more needs than just a starting QB for three firsts when none in this draft class is worthy of stepping on that field day one and being the starter.

31 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I think that's the point that RG3 failed badly in the long run and the Redskins were exceedingly lucky to have Kirk Cousins to fall back on.  Then, they didn't want to pay the guy because he was a fourth-round pick and not the first they gave up the farm for...

I can't imagine how badly the Redskins would have been these last few years without Cousins. A big reason in my view as to why that fourth rounder became a good starter is because he had time to sit, learn and develop.

RG3 was way overhyped for what he eventually became as an NFL QB and some of this year's prospects are looking the same way simply because so many teams are desperate for a starting caliber QB. A few of this years QB's may eventually develop into a decent starter. But none are of Luck's caliber and IMHO none are worth three first round picks. 

The 2018 Buffalo Bills have far more needs than just a starting QB for three firsts when none in this draft class is worthy of stepping on that field day one and being the starter.

IMO, that's not the point at all. They didn't give up too much for Griffin III. They picked the wrong guy. You've got to be right, but if they had been, what they paid would have been long forgotten.

Although I totally agree with you that they horribly bollixed up the Cousins situation. 

Every team has far more needs than just a starting QB. Including the 2017 Eagles who traded for Wentz anyway.

And day one means ****. Was Drew Brees a bad QB because he didn't play the first year? Brett Favre because he didn't play the first year? Tom Brady because he didn't play the first year? Aaron Rodgers because he didn't play the first year? I could go on. Ideally, yeah, your guy would be ready. But that isn't even close to the most important thing. The most important thing is simply this ... is he going to be a franchise QB, a top ten or twelve QB?

Edited by Thurman#1

On 4/22/2018 at 7:11 PM, Magox said:

Get to 4 or 5 and we'll get either Mayfield or Rosen.

Rosen won't get past the Jets...The Jets will make a  defining pick like the Giants fifteen seasons ago...They will go after the Cerebral QB.  The Bills will not get Rosen unless they get to #2

12 hours ago, Tyrod's friend said:

And of course Mike Ditka actually WAS able to trade an entire draft to get a running back; I don't recall and SB appearances from NO. Dallas traded away an outstanding running back and got pretty much the entire guts of the Vikings future drafts. They wound up with a couple of SBs because of that.

Of the many things the Giants could do, turning away from 3 #1s plus more to take a RB at 2 might not be the best thing in the world for them. Not in this draft.

And the Giants have no other team that can offer 3 1st Rounders!!!

6 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Rosen won't get past the Jets...The Jets will make a  defining pick like the Giants fifteen seasons ago...They will go after the Cerebral QB.  The Bills will not get Rosen unless they get to #2

And the Giants have no other team that can offer 3 1st Rounders!!!

Every team can offer 3 firsts. Once the draft opens, every team can trade their 2020 picks. So every team could trade their 2018, 2019 and 2020 firsts. No other team could offer four 1sts, though, outside of the Browns and the Pats.