Nick Foles Would Love the Opportunity to Start Again

17 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I cannot believe he is going to stay with the Eagles and not hold out for more money. If he is not traded after the draft I will be amazed, if he stays with the Eagles and plays under that contract I will flip my lid.

I think that Foles market value is higher if he shows that he honors the commitments he makes in the contracts he signs.  If he holds out, he's declaring that if he plays better than the salary of his next contract that he will hold out again, leaving no upside for his next team.  Holding out this year reduces his value in his next contract.

3 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I am with you, on this particular issue. 

I feel like we have so many holes to fill...we could really help our roster exponentially by using a bunch of these picks to bolster our roster.  Foles, at least, has achieved something in the NFL, and I think there is a better chance than not he will be a decent starter again.  Of course, I am intrigued by this years QB draft class, but I don't feel certain about any of them.  I think the odds of Foles being good-great are better than any of these guys being a "franchise QB"...and I think he could be had at a much more reasonable price.

Yikes. We are totally in agreement here.

Which can only mean...

Image result for dogs and cats, living together gif

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I am with you, on this particular issue. 

I feel like we have so many holes to fill...we could really help our roster exponentially by using a bunch of these picks to bolster our roster.  Foles, at least, has achieved something in the NFL, and I think there is a better chance than not he will be a decent starter again.  Of course, I am intrigued by this years QB draft class, but I don't feel certain about any of them.  I think the odds of Foles being good-great are better than any of these guys being a "franchise QB"...and I think he could be had at a much more reasonable price.

Aim higher. Decent starter isn't what Beane is going for. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Based on what? An interview? A workout?

Has he seen them play in the NFL as a starter and we've all just missed it?

Your scouting report no doubt.  All the time spent traversing the country and bringing QB prospects in for visits is just a ruse. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Foles just proves Jeff Fisher's magic touch... he can turn anyone or anything mediocre...

Mister 8-8 got his hands on the poor SOB and it took him years to recover! LOL

That said, there are worse fates than competing for another Super Bowl as a backup on a great team then cashing in huge in free agency.

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

I'm probably the minority here,  but I'd rather take Foles than pretty much any QB in the draft.

In fairness, I don't follow college ball but the most reliable thing everyone knows about these new QBs is that they really don't know jackschitt about how these QBs will do in the NFL.

Meanwhile, you have a young guy in Foles who stood fearlessly on the NFL's biggest stage, got in a shoot-out Brady*, and still beat the Pats*.

I understand he's not going anywhere this year until they know if Wentz can play, but damn this guy would look good in Buffalo. Not to mention, you don't have to give up the farm for him, leaving you with more picks to get more talent.

Dreamin', I guess. 

Similar reasoning would be why I would have liked us to sign Cousins or Keenum. 

The flaw in the Foles narrative is that I think to give him up, the Eagles pretty much do want a "farm" load of draft picks, which is kind of the worst situation vs. signing a FA or drafting a QB - you have fewer draft picks AND less cap space!

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's Nick Foles... I remember how bad he was after his hot start... he had plenty of chances to be good. Don't mistake a smart coach with a good offense, for a good QB. Dude is average at best

No thanks

Edited by Scorp83
Typo

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Your scouting report no doubt.  All the time spent traversing the country and bringing QB prospects in for visits is just a ruse. 

I'll never pretend to be a scout, but you said the team should aim higher than a decent NFL starter, and literally NO ONE knows if any of these college guys will ever be a decent NFL starter.

No one knows. No one.

If your high aim is for someone who will be more than a decent starter, Foles has video and history; a greater assurance of a high rate of return over any of the draft picks.

1 minute ago, LABillzFan said:

I'll never pretend to be a scout, but you said the team should aim higher than a decent NFL starter, and literally NO ONE knows if any of these college guys will ever be a decent NFL starter.

No one knows. No one.

If your high aim is for someone who will be more than a decent starter, Foles has video and history; a greater assurance of a high rate of return over any of the draft picks.

Then teams should only trade for veterans or sign them as UFAs.  :rolleyes: 

...Roseman is back in charge now the (Emmitt) Kelly is gone and he knows his stuff.......Keeps Foles at least to mid-term IMO when the Wentz picture is much better........some team will lose their starter and come calling with a picks/trade package that is too good to pass up.....

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Then teams should only trade for veterans or sign them as UFAs.  :rolleyes: 

Now you're just being catty.

It's not an all-or-nothing proposition. I was strictly responding to your comment that, where a quarterback is concerned,  the team should aim higher than a decent NFL starter. That tells me you either don't want them to draft a QB, or you somehow, magically know what literally no one else in the world knows, which is that one of these college quarterbacks is a lock to be a great NFL starter.

16 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

No one knows. No one.

Foles stinks bro... I hear you. But you take him out of that high power Pederson offense & he's back to being Nick Foles. I think he's just making a case to try & start over Wentz....which is not happening. If the Eagles do that...then trade for Wentz & let them keep Foles...& play around with that issue.

Edited by Scorp83

Genitals - the Iggles have been down this route before - can you say Sam Bradford???  They BE nuts to unload him on draft day unless they got a SUPREME offer - they are still not 110% certain where Wentz is going to be at come the regular season.  Pederson was already talking about no play for Wentz until the bullets fire for real.....no sense in letting him get hurt in pre-season.

Calm down - step away from the pipe and think....use that grey matter betwixt the ears some....it won't hurt - not that bad anyways........

3 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Foles stinks bro... I hear you. But you take him out of that high power Pederson offense & he's back to being Nick Foles. I think he's just making a case to try & start over Wentz....which is not happening. If the Eagles do that...then trade for Wentz & let them keep Foles...& play around with that issue.

I have no idea if McDermott and team can bring the kind of offense and scheme that Pederson has. Without question, we're missing elements all over the place.

But Foles and Shady need just a couple of decent receivers to get started quickly, AND you have the benefit of keeping many of your picks to address what has become a very suspect Oline.

Lastly, the idea that Foles stinks makes no sense to me. He wasn't Trent Dilfer, for crying out loud. The dude made all the ridiculous throws through the playoffs and SB and never winced.

Not to mention, it would be great to have a QB who knows what it's like to beat Brady.*

Also, to be clear, I have no problem with the team drafting a QB.