FBI Raids Office of Trump Lawyer Michael Cohen

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

This is a mistake people make about Trump all the time... do not look at what he says, look at what he does.  The Twitter rants are squirrels that far too many cannot resist. Sure he uses them to bypass the press and get out his message that would otherwise be smothered, with a pillow, by the "MSM", but some of it is theater.  He is a master marketer, and he plays people like a fiddle.

Mueller probably should have been fired eons ago. There is no there vis-à-vis "Russian collusion". That is why there is now a fishing trip to an alleged 12-year-old affair with a pr0n star.  They are throwing all sorts of fecal matter at the wall hoping it will stick.

Meh, it keeps 'em busy while that OIG report is being delivered. 

The only thing Trump has ever been a "master" at is hustling snake oil to the foolish. That is what he does. That is what he has always done.

Can you imagine if Hillary had a resume that included her version of Trump University? Lol, this ridiculous board would be losing their damn minds. That's not even going into the multiple bankruptcies, and all the other sh*t.

Trump is not ahead of the situation; he's not masterminding a game of 4-dimensional chess to take down the Deep State. It's merely a story, and a poorly told one, at that, and only works so long as you don't mind all of the smoke & mirrors -- Trump's counter-narrative adds up to exactly nothing. It's as truthful as Trump Steaks or building the wall and making Mexico pay for it.

The reality is that Trump is an emotional, reactionary doofus with delusions of grandeur and entitlement... just like the majority of his base.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

Gross. I'd definitely prefer you not think of me when you're having sex but... uh... more power to you.... ? Can't stop ya there!

Y'know, Boyst, if you really want to tick off liberals – the one thing liberals DO NOT want conservatives to do — is to eat your own sh*t. You're free to do it, there's nothing we can do to stop you. And that's our weakness. Yes, by eating your own feces tonight & washing it down with a "Liberal Tears" mug of piss, you'll really show the Soros-sponsored nanny state who's boss. 

You're right that firing Mueller wouldn't stop the Cohen investigation and that Trump has no idea what he's talking about at any given moment. 

I'm just not quite convinced Trump won't try to do it anyway.

You might like it if you ever ventured outside of the bubble, my dude. 

I ordered a shirt that says "nasty woman". It's pink. I'm going to wear the !@#$ out of it.  Men's XL.  It'll be hot.

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Will the deplorables keep defending these guys when the gavel finally falls?

You're god damn right. It's fun because it pisses off so many people. 

Then again I didn't vote for the Cheeto.

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

I ordered a shirt that says "nasty woman". It's pink. I'm going to wear the !@#$ out of it.  Men's XL.  It'll be hot.

Good for you, but share your fashion choices with your friends because I don't care.

Curious: why don't we ever see DC Tom, et al, calling you out for your non-stop "Look At Me" posts? Supposedly, this board is for political debate, yet you only seem to post diary entries. Maybe everyone's ignored you at this point, except me? I don't know. 

I've been trying to maintain my rule to not put anyone on ignore, but the diagnosis is in, Boyst, and it's looking bad — you're terminally dull.

2 minutes ago, garybusey said:

Boyst is the one member on here who is a must ignore. It makes the forum much better.

You're probably right. 

Just now, LA Grant said:

Good for you, but share your fashion choices with your friends because I don't care.

Curious: why don't we ever see DC Tom, et al, calling you out for your non-stop "Look At Me" posts? Supposedly, this board is for political debate, yet you only seem to post diary entries. Maybe everyone's ignored you at this point, except me? I don't know. 

I've been trying to maintain my rule to not put anyone on ignore, but the diagnosis is in, Boyst, and it's looking bad — you're terminally dull.

You're probably right. 

Because he knows I'll outsmart him, dumbass.

Just now, Boyst62 said:

You're god damn right. It's fun because it pisses off so many people. 

Then again I didn't vote for the Cheeto.

As I said — the best way for you to piss off people is to take a sh*t on your dinner table, and eat it. Liberals would be omg sooooo mad! You should totally do it! Lolz!

Just now, Boyst62 said:

Because he knows I'll outsmart him, dumbass.

I have a hard time believing you could outsmart the back of a cereal box.

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Will the deplorables keep defending these guys when the gavel finally falls?

They will. 

But their numbers will be fewer & fewer as the picture comes into sharper focus, especially after Mueller finishes and lays it all out. Then again... I'm afraid even that might even too charitable and optimistic for the die-hard MAGA hats.

We'll see.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

As I said — the best way for you to piss off people is to take a sh*t on your dinner table, and eat it. Liberals would be omg sooooo mad! You should totally do it! Lolz!

I have a hard time believing you could outsmart the back of a cereal box.

They will. 

But their numbers will be fewer & fewer as the picture comes into sharper focus, especially after Mueller finishes and lays it all out. Then again... I'm afraid even that might even too charitable and optimistic for the die-hard MAGA hats.

We'll see.

I'm samrter than you, princess.

• Haha (+1) 1

Reactions:

evJfGszX_bigger.jpgBuck SextonVerified account @BuckSexton 2h2 hours ago

Attorney client privilege is apparently meaningless in this era of get Trump at all costs

du26VX8P_bigger.jpgAri FleischerVerified account @AriFleischer 55m55 minutes ago

But Mueller needs 2wrap things up and go public with what he has found - or not found. America doesn’t have permanent presidential prosecutors. The longer this goes on, the more divided we become. The time is quickly coming for M 2tell us what he’s got. And what he doesn’t have.

2htn9cjryqt0bkcb5bl5_bigger.jpegInstapundit.com‏ @instapundit
FollowFollow @instapundit
Instapundit.com Retweeted Emily Flitter

This probably establishes that Trump really isn’t under investigation. If he were, raiding his lawyers would taint everything.

2B5p1woH_bigger.jpgRobert Barnes‏ @Barnes_Law 4h4 hours ago
#Mueller used SDNY to get around his lack of authorization to even request searching Cohen's files for non-collusion related issues. Did SDNY properly get authorization from #Sessions before seizing attorney-client files? Or is #Sessions still asleep at the wheel?

2B5p1woH_bigger.jpgRobert Barnes‏ @Barnes_Law

FollowFollow @Barnes_Law
Think #Mueller associates followed law in Cohen search? Re-read Manafort search. #Mueller's sneak-and-peek of Manafort's private locker based on "consent" from ex-employee (didn't fit Constitutional Consent), then did illicit general warrant next day, w/o #Rosenstein authority.

They crossed a line today and you can pretend this is "law enforcement as usual" but its a goddamn coup and there is nothing legal about it.

Today was a turning point.

Irreversible Damage has been done.

All because a drunken old, brittle boned, selfish, fall-risk B word couldn’t handle a loss.

Edited by B-Man

Not sure this gets any better. Mueller now investigating a 6-figure sum made to Trump org by Victor Pinchuk during the campaign. Pinchuk also donated millions to Clinton Foundation & met with HRC while he dumped steel.

But whose lawyers are being raided ?

To all the Democrats saying “this is the process” and “nobody is above the law”

No, it’s not, this is a hyper aggressive tactic under the circumstances that undermines attorney client privilege and we already saw from DOJ’s actions that Hillary was considered above the law

Edited by B-Man

14 minutes ago, B-Man said:

"They crossed a line today and you can pretend this is "law enforcement as usual" but its a goddamn coup and there is nothing legal about it."

I would love to hear you explain in your own words what you think this means.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Cohen is being accused of bank fraud and breaking campaign finance laws. Those are both very serious charges that will likely land him in prison for many years. No fishing trip, this is all very standard SOP. Mueller tipped off the SDNY who then followed normal procedures for securing a warrant. One of the attorneys that signed off on it was personally interviewed and hired by Trump. There's a lot of scrutiny here so they would have had to be pretty certain to sign off on it. I'm mostly just restating the article I posted above if you care to read it.

From what I read on a few legal blogs (I know, I know) there are many steps that this should have gone through before a warrant was issued as well as a "dirty team" separate from the "clean team" and someone else overseeing the collection,  running the investigation to go through whatever was taken from Cohen's office, etc.  (The original source is being slammed and down.) So, is this for headlines? A squirrel? Or is it for real? Was there a three-step layer to collect documents? If so, then they may want to make Cohen's life miserable via lawfare. If not... well, then it was for show. 

I'm not sure how a man who self-funded so much of his campaign wouldn't have $130K slush fund set-up with his attorney to make people like Ms. Daniels go away with allegations. My thought is she has ruined it for the next adult film star looking for a payoff from a high profile mark.  

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I would love to hear you explain in your own words what you think this means.

It means a never-Trumper is jizzing in his pants?

• Haha (+1) 2