Merrymead ice cream or https://m.yelp.com/biz/artesano-mead-and-ice-cream-groton

mead107

2 hours ago, mead107 said:

https://www.merrymead.com/department/ice-cream.html

another Mead adventure.  

Any one had it? 

This has Blue Bell written all over it..me and my bride now opt for the modern frozen yogurt since I was proclaimed a heavy weight. I am now cut off from all fast food morning sandwiches..I was eating 4 a day (Tim Norton's egg,cheese,sausage on a muffin).p.s.- I worked at Dubels Bells at the old Como Mall when I was in high school as a part time stock clerk..the stock area was long and dark...the oldest of the crew was in college and was pretty hip..he would challenge us to do some crazy things...including opening up pickle jars and then taking a quick piss in them..wild times.

5 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

This has Blue Bell written all over it..me and my bride now opt for the modern frozen yogurt since I was proclaimed a heavy weight. I am now cut off from all fast food morning sandwiches..I was eating 4 a day (Tim Norton's egg,cheese,sausage on a muffin).p.s.- I worked at Dubels Bells at the old Como Mall when I was in high school as a part time stock clerk..the stock area was long and dark...the oldest of the crew was in college and was pretty hip..he would challenge us to do some crazy things...including opening up pickle jars and then taking a quick piss in them..wild times.

The difference between frozen yogurt and ice cream is that fro yo has more sugar. Don’t be sucked into 70s marketing. It ain’t health food. 

9 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

So nice that you've decided to share this info after all these years.  What possessed you to do it in the first place is beyond me.  What possessed you to confess here has got to be your fat ass insecure way of trying to fit in.  Wild times indeed, asswhole.

37 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

So nice that you've decided to share this info after all these years.  What possessed you to do it in the first place is beyond me.  What possessed you to confess here has got to be your fat ass insecure way of trying to fit in.  Wild times indeed, asswhole.

Who pissed in your pickles?

2 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

Who pissed in your pickles?

The burden being on him.  Damn Snowflakes!

"DO NOT PURCHASE IF QUALITY SEAL IS BROKEN"

a-jar-of-claussen-whole-kosher-dill-pick

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

That is gross.  Did you drink the pickle juice then piss in the jar?  How many times did you forget what jar you pissed in? 

True story.  Wife's family had a friend that was an alcoholic.  They'd save all the left over pickle juice for their friend struggling with the booze.

Not sure how it worked, but they didn't touch a drop of booze after drinking the spent pickle juice.

Some family stories I just don't ask.  Nod and say: "Wow, that's nice!"

:lol:

PS: That'll bust you off of the wine habit... Or drive you right to it! 

3 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

I was 16. P.S.- Always remember to wash your fresh fruits and vegetables..trust me.Happy eating.

28 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I was 16. P.S.- Always remember to wash your fresh fruits and vegetables..trust me.Happy eating.

And buy fresh!  Urine is sterile when it comes out. 

Oh... Probably a few years after you, I started @ Dubel's too, in the Deli.

Another note.  Going way back... Mother worked @ Schmitt... Remember when the 2nd (yes 2nd) Dubel's was across from Cotrell Ford (now Dunn Tire) on Union.  "Harvest the Best" was across the street too.  Next to where Picasso's is.  The first Dubel's was somewhere around there too in W.Seneca, their original meat market... Way before me.

I still remember the old ledger days.  Credit, no interest, just trust in your customers!  Old Man Dubel's, his son's Bob & Ed would have the ledger, put you down for what you owed and you paid it when you got paid.

I started in deli when  Mr. Dubel was just leaving @ Appletree in Cheektowaga.  But he was still there in meat department cutting from time to time. The deli ladies loved having young deli dude around! Kept me on toes when the old man was around.  In Mr. Dubel tradition, I would give free samples of cold cuts, just like he did when he worked the counter back when I was a boy in W.Seneca!

The old Polish ladies my grandmother knew (from St.Josephat's & the senior living complex) would line up for miles when the bus would drop them off at Dubel's on Sunday morning... I'd ring up the order and then throw an extra slice on... :lol: They were hawks alright... Repeat customers and never complained when you messed up!

...And no, you sickos... This isn't code talk! But, I do see how meat cutting can lead one to believe that. :D

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I had a friend who told me stories about when he worked at Ponderosa.  Guys would piss on the grill before throwing steaks on.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

And buy fresh!  Urine is sterile when it comes out. 

Oh... Probably a few years after you, I started @ Dubel's too, in the Deli.

Another note.  Going way back... Mother worked @ Schmitt... Remember when the 2nd (yes 2nd) Dubel's was across from Cotrell Ford (now Dunn Tire) on Union.  "Harvest the Best" was across the street too.  Next to where Picasso's is.  The first Dubel's was somewhere around there too in W.Seneca, their original meat market... Way before me.

I still remember the old ledger days.  Credit, no interest, just trust in your customers!  Old Man Dubel's, his son's Bob & Ed would have the ledger, put you down for what you owed and you paid it when you got paid.

I started in deli when  Mr. Dubel was just leaving @ Appletree in Cheektowaga.  But he was still there in meat department cutting from time to time. The deli ladies loved having young deli dude around! Kept me on toes when the old man was around.  In Mr. Dubel tradition, I would give free samples of cold cuts, just like he did when he worked the counter back when I was a boy in W.Seneca!

The old Polish ladies my grandmother knew (from St.Josephat's & the senior living complex) would line up for miles when the bus would drop them off at Dubel's on Sunday morning... I'd ring up the order and then throw an extra slice on... :lol: They were hawks alright... Repeat customers and never complained when you messed up!

...And no, you sickos... This isn't code talk! But, I do see how meat cutting can lead one to believe that. :D

You can still buy their kielbasa..the sons must be running the small shop now.I was there for about two years ,I don't recall ever having a conversation with Ed..he always seemed grumpy.

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I had a friend who told me stories about when he worked at Ponderosa.  Guys would piss on the grill before throwing steaks on.

You never want to trust a place with a salad bar.

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

You can still buy their kielbasa..the sons must be running the small shop now.I was there for about two years ,I don't recall ever having a conversation with Ed..he always seemed grumpy.

You never want to trust a place with a salad bar.

I don't trust any chain restaurants.  Overpriced microwave meals.

And I'd rather go full vegan than eat at a Golden Corral.  I'd rather starve, actually.

18 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't trust any chain restaurants.  Overpriced microwave meals.

And I'd rather go full vegan than eat at a Golden Corral.  I'd rather starve, actually.

I still have a sweet spot for the all-you-can-eat buffet... Especially Chinese.  Something my wife and daughter are trying to weed out of me.  Then I found them a nice champagne Sunday Indian brunch buffet @ the local tandoor. I know I can convert them back! :D Well, at least my wife... Daughter gonna be a tough nut to crack, no vegetarian side of buffet like the Indians can produce! :lol:

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I still have a sweet spot for the all-you-can-eat buffet... Especially Chinese.  Something my wife and daughter are trying to weed out of me.  Then I found them a nice champagne Sunday Indian brunch buffet @ the local tandoor. I know I can convert them back! :D Well, at least my wife... Daughter gonna be a tough nut to crack, no vegetarian side of buffet like the Indians can produce! :lol:

Do you remember the Chinese place right next to Baby Beach in Ft. Erie? There was a reason why all of the cats where hanging out back.They baited them.