Merrymead ice cream or https://m.yelp.com/biz/artesano-mead-and-ice-cream-groton

mead107

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They should claim "Garbage Plate" infringement on those "marketing geniuses." :D

I don't see the big deal about eating a egg,cheese and sausage sandwich..I'll get 4 at a time..two for the morning..two for a evening snack..just a couple times a week.I never get burned out from the taste of eggs...great source of protein!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

Do you remember the Chinese place right next to Baby Beach in Ft. Erie? There was a reason why all of the cats where hanging out back.They baited them.

Not sure what the name was, but most of the Chinese places are closed/gone.  Went back through a few month's ago (took family to NF lights and back The Niagara Parkway... Settled for "Happy Jacks."  I think it was the Parkview (or was it Parklane?) that we'd always go to.  I still remember the time my crazy old man orders a roast beef sandwich because they "bombed Pearl Harbor" & didn't like that kind of food. Then he complained whole ride back over bridge that it tasted like it came outta a can.  Wait a sec Dad, you never tried Chinese food, the roast beef probably did come out of can (can you blame them, what idiot orders a roast beef sandwich at a Chinese restaurant?) AND anyway, the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor!  He was on a roll and in rare form after that trip to Crystal beach! :lol:

24 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I still have a sweet spot for the all-you-can-eat buffet... Especially Chinese.  Something my wife and daughter are trying to weed out of me.  Then I found them a nice champagne Sunday Indian brunch buffet @ the local tandoor. I know I can convert them back! :D Well, at least my wife... Daughter gonna be a tough nut to crack, no vegetarian side of buffet like the Indians can produce! :lol:

I'm in the middle of a no food, only shake fast. Almost everything looks good to me but Indian food still isn't tempting. Even after almost 2 months of liquid only. Now the all you can eat Chinese buffet? You got me there. YUMMY!:(

Edited by Dante

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Not sure what the name was, but most of the Chinese places are closed/gone.  Went back through a few month's ago (took family to NF lights and back The Niagara Parkway... Settled for "Happy Jacks."  I think it was the Parkview (or was it Parklane?) that we'd always go to.  I still remember the time my crazy old man orders a roast beef sandwich because they "bombed Pearl Harbor" & didn't like that kind of food. Then he complained whole ride back over bridge that it tasted like it came outta a can.  Wait a sec Dad, you never tried Chinese food, the roast beef probably did come out of can (can you blame them, what idiot orders a roast beef sandwich at a Chinese restaurant?) AND anyway, the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor!  He was on a roll and in rare form after that trip to Crystal beach! :lol:

I think we share the same father.Growing up,do you remember any Chinese places in our 'hood?I sure don't.

10 minutes ago, Dante said:

I'm in the middle of a no food, only shake fast. Almost everything looks good to me but not even Indian food still isn't tempting. Even after almost 2 months of liquid only. Now the all you can eat Chinese buffet? You got me there. YUMMY!:(

Really?

I can eat Indian food morning noon and night... Did buffet yesterday... I think it metabolizes faster and I burn.

They did a study... Curry fights Alzheimer's... Indians by far have lowest rates of it.

I may be just a little late to curry game! :(

9 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I think we share the same father.Growing up,do you remember any Chinese places in our 'hood?I sure don't.

LoL!  Yeah, the old coots had to cross a bridge into a foreign country... Probably brought back repressed memories! :lol:

Damn kids got it easy now.  I can order the stuff from a place three blocks away and wife/daughter can get their nails done while we wait! 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

30 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Really?

I can eat Indian food morning noon and night... Did buffet yesterday... I think it metabolizes faster and I burn.

They did a study... Curry fights Alzheimer's... Indians by far have lowest rates of it.

I can't get past the strength of curry. It's like that stuff oozes through your pours for a couple days after. To each his own. Sometimes I get a craving for a Burger King Double Whopper. Can't really explain that. 

Just now, Dante said:

I can't get past the strength of curry. It's like that stuff oozes through your pours for a couple days after. To each his own. Sometimes I get a craving for a Burger King Double Whopper. Can't really explain that. 

It's the garlic in the curry!  Bad BO

:lol:

Used to drive my grandfather insane with his Indian neighbors at his apartment.

But... It's melting the plaque away from the brain! ;)

5 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

And buy fresh!  Urine is sterile when it comes out. 

Oh... Probably a few years after you, I started @ Dubel's too, in the Deli.

Another note.  Going way back... Mother worked @ Schmitt... Remember when the 2nd (yes 2nd) Dubel's was across from Cotrell Ford (now Dunn Tire) on Union.  "Harvest the Best" was across the street too.  Next to where Picasso's is.  The first Dubel's was somewhere around there too in W.Seneca, their original meat market... Way before me.

I still remember the old ledger days.  Credit, no interest, just trust in your customers!  Old Man Dubel's, his son's Bob & Ed would have the ledger, put you down for what you owed and you paid it when you got paid.

I started in deli when  Mr. Dubel was just leaving @ Appletree in Cheektowaga.  But he was still there in meat department cutting from time to time. The deli ladies loved having young deli dude around! Kept me on toes when the old man was around.  In Mr. Dubel tradition, I would give free samples of cold cuts, just like he did when he worked the counter back when I was a boy in W.Seneca!

The old Polish ladies my grandmother knew (from St.Josephat's & the senior living complex) would line up for miles when the bus would drop them off at Dubel's on Sunday morning... I'd ring up the order and then throw an extra slice on... :lol: They were hawks alright... Repeat customers and never complained when you messed up!

...And no, you sickos... This isn't code talk! But, I do see how meat cutting can lead one to believe that. :D

I forgot to mention the old man's wool hat..I never saw him without it on.