Mason Rudolph to Have Pre-Draft Visit With the Bills

1 minute ago, BBills88 said:

This is funny.

Last Year before the draft.

Pat Mahomes was in a gimmicky system, name a big 12 QB the made it in the NFL, fans didn't want him either. Fast forward a year later. We traded away the pick we could have had get Mahomes. He played on game now he is a Hall of Famer. 

Blah Blah Blah! We dont know how these QB's are going to turn out. I've seen for years everybody know who the best prospect is for the Bill's. Let the scout team GM and HC do their jobs.

The fans know more than the GM and the HC.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It will indeed, but I expect Darnold to be much better.

I kinda think they're the same player. I don't know what make Darnold better. But I tend to believe these QBs are overrated at the top of the draft. I'd even bet one of the 2nd rounders end up better than Rosen.

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

I kinda think they're the same player. I don't know what make Darnold better. But I tend to believe these QBs are overrated at the top of the draft. I'd even bet one of the 2nd rounders end up better than Rosen.

I think not.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Rudolph is a good fit. I won't be disappointed if they pick him in the first. I think 12 is a bit of a reach.

But unfortunately, due to inflation, you'd have to take him at 12 if all the other guys are gone and you couldn't move up and now you're on the clock.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Better than Rosen? No. Maybe one of the others. The only thing you can knock Rosen for is his injuries and personality, and even then you are reaching. I've watched QB's my whole life and Rosen is far more advanced as a passer than anyone in probably the past 5 drafts

Just now, kdiggz said:

Better than Rosen? No. Maybe one of the others. The only thing you can knock Rosen for is his injuries and personality, and even then you are reaching. I've watched QB's my whole life and Rosen is far more advanced as a passer than anyone in probably the past 5 drafts

The film on him tell you that.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

I think not.

To me, it's really going to depend on where these guys land and what coaches ask them to do.  A smart coach is going to look at his QB and say OK, these are the throws he can make.  So I'm going to design my offense around the throws that this guy can make.  Now the thing with Rosen, to me, is a coach is not limited in that sense so that's what makes him a much better draft prospect.  But I certainly think a guy taken later can elevate his game if a coach doesn't ask that guy to work outside of himself.  I prefer the Bills take the guy, like Rosen, that doesn't have those limitations.  However, if we cannot then there's plan B and hopefully, we can get a lot out of the guy, whoever, he may be.

Just now, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

The fans know more than the GM and the HC.

No they don't. Bills fans wanted DeShone Kizer, Chad Kelly, Paxton Lynch, Kevin Hogan, Bryce Petty, Johnny Manziel, Zach Mettenberger, Matt Barkley, Ryan Nassib, Landry Jones, Blaine Gabbert, Ryan Mallett, Tim Tebow, Jimmy Clausen and tons of other ****ty players over the years.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

Disagree with you on Rudolph but I absolutely agree with this.  As a pure passer Rosen is the best since Luck.  

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

To me, it's really going to depend on where these guys land and what coaches ask them to do.  A smart coach is going to look at his QB and say OK, these are the throws he can make.  So I'm going to design my offense around the throws that this guy can make.  Now the thing with Rosen, to me, is a coach is not limited in that sense so that's what makes him a much better draft prospect.  But I certainly think a guy taken later can elevate his game if a coach doesn't ask that guy to work outside of himself.  I prefer the Bills take the guy, like Rosen, that doesn't have those limitations.  However, if we cannot then there's plan B and hopefully, we can get a lot out of the guy, whoever, he may be.

Bingo!  :beer:

12 minutes ago, BBills88 said:

This is funny.

Last Year before the draft.

Pat Mahomes was in a gimmicky system, name a big 12 QB the made it in the NFL, Bills fans didn't want him. Fast forward a year later. We traded away the pick we could have gotten Mahomes. He played one game now he is a Hall of Famer. 

Blah Blah Blah! We dont know how these QB's are going to turn out. I've seen for years everybody know who the best prospect is for the Bill's. Let the scout team GM and HC do their jobs.

I'll be honest, and I need to see more than 1 game, but as it stands from that 1 game, I was wrong on Pat Mahomes.  His footwork cleaned up a ton.  His posture was world's better.  My critique of him was never about the system he was in, it was more of his mechanics, posture so on and so forth.

Edited by NewEraBills
  • Like (+1) 1