Keeping Cool

gjv001

I hope the Patriots trade with LA doesn't lead to Beane feeling an undue pressure that ends with a move he would not have done prior to the Pat's/LA trade. Certainly, Beane has to deal with a changing draft environment. But unless the QB that he and McDermott covet over all the others is available, I would hope he makes moves to strengthen other areas of need.

• Like (+1) 1

Screw all the other needs. If they have to overpay and make a Ricky Williams trade so be it.

You can't hit a home run if you don't swing.

If the QB works out nobody will care how much we gave up because he will be a 10 year starter.

If the QB doesn't work out, at least Beane let his balls hang out and swung for the fences. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

I hope the Patriots trade with LA doesn't lead to Beane feeling an undue pressure that ends with a move he would not have done prior to the Pat's/LA trade. Certainly, Beane has to deal with a changing draft environment. But unless the QB that he and McDermott covet over all the others is available, I would hope he makes moves to strengthen other areas of need.

Since the Giants won't make a move until the draft, the best thing to do is just stay visibile with everyone in the top 10.  If the Giants don't want to deal, or the guy you want is gone, I'm fairly certain they'll have a plan for that.

1 minute ago, Shotgunner said:

Screw all the other needs. If they have to overpay and make a Ricky Williams trade so be it.

If the QB works out nobody will care how much we gave up because he will be a 10 year starter.

If the QB doesn't work out, at least Beane let his balls hang out and swung for the fences. 

You can't make someone trade with you

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

Since the Giants won't make a move until the draft, the best thing to do is just stay visibile with everyone in the top 10.  If the Giants don't want to deal, or the guy you want is gone, I'm fairly certain they'll have a plan for that.

You can't make someone trade with you

You are right. It takes two to tango.

But everything has a price.

5 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

You are right. It takes two to tango.

But everything has a price.

True - but if it goes allen, darnold, rosen - and those 3 are set that they want their QBs.  

Browns will be tough to talk out of Barkley, as they think it will help them be an insant contender.  Then you have Denver.  Denver would be the team IMO most likely to deal within the top 5.

23 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

This gets negative FONZ points. 

Aaayyyyyy

You hit the key notes here though!

Long story short you want him to use common sense, and only use it when the most sensible time to use it occurs. And, only if it aligns with what you deem to be the correct decision. 

Right, got it. 

SPOT ON!

28 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

Beane has set value and he won't exceed it.

44 minutes ago, dneveu said:

True - but if it goes allen, darnold, rosen - and those 3 are set that they want their QBs.  

Browns will be tough to talk out of Barkley, as they think it will help them be an insant contender.  Then you have Denver.  Denver would be the team IMO most likely to deal within the top 5.

Actually I'm thinking 2. I believe the NYG QB interest is just to drive up the trade price, and they are waiting for competing ofters to leverage against us.

1 hour ago, Shotgunner said:

You stole my thunder...THIS!!! We NEED to take a shot...what good are the picks? We did all of this for a reason = GET A DAMN QB!!!