Trading up idea...

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I don't care what any chart says, I don't see us getting to 5 and keeping 22, 56 or 65.

Value has been set. Going to pay 50% premium on any trade up into a QB pick position. And any team dealing with the Bills should ask for that 50% on every trade up from this point on. 

I think that you will almost certainly get a QB there. It depends to me on how closely you have them graded. There will be 2 or 3 off of the board by 5. You may be looking at your 3rd or 4th choice. That would be a home run of a trade though. 

You would walk out with something like:

Baker, Vander Esch, Penny and Pettis. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

I posted last week that I would like to see them trade 12 and 56 to get to 7 asap. Then from there you have so many more options. Getting to 2 from 7 might only cost 22, 53, 65. Or maybe they only need to get to 4 so it only costs 22. So many more options from 7 and Tampa is willing to deal

Trading up to 7 makes no sense unless you are happy with any of the top 4 QBs. Even then, Denver or someone can just jump ahead of you at 2 or 4 and take your guy.  You only trade to 7 in the moment. 

Also, making trades with two separate teams in two different trades is a terrible idea.  You would need to do a 3-team trade at once to not get hosed. Right now, teams trading up are overpaying by at least 200 points. So to execute two trades would cost you at least 400 extra points. If you’re going to do that, then just trade up higher straight up 

Edited by Virgil

If the Bill's get into the top ten, their next move better be up to number two, which might just be impossible if the Browns take Allen because then the Giants will absolutely take Darnold at two.

I really don't see why we would need to make a trade to seven only to then go up to five.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Value has been set. Going to pay 50% premium on any trade up into a QB pick position. And any team dealing with the Bills should ask for that 50% on every trade up from this point on. 

That’s not necessarily what will happen though. These teams will take the best offer if they want to move down. If Denver wants Nelson why not go to 7 & pick up a 3rd and a 4th? 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Agree. And honestly I wouldn't be shocked if we end up closer to 60% if we want to move. Just like every QB wants to set the market for each new contract...glad we have all the picks we do.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s not necessarily what will happen though. These teams will take the best offer if they want to move down. If Denver wants Nelson why not go to 7 & pick up a 3rd and a 4th? 

Because they are going to get their 50% premium. 

They have the threat of a QB pick so they absolutely can put the screws to Buffalo for that set premium price 

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Agree. And honestly I wouldn't be shocked if we end up closer to 60% if we want to move. Just like every QB wants to set the market for each new contract...glad we have all the picks we do.

Maybe but 50% has been set for a couple years now from Wentz to Trubinsky to Jets this year

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Because they are going to get their 50% premium. 

They have the threat of a QB pick so they absolutely can put the screws to Buffalo for that set premium price 

There are no other buyers though. They will want 50% and say that is the number but if no one is paying that they aren’t getting it. If Darnold is there they may take him. If not, I doubt that they go QB. They will be looking to add assets. The Bills have way more leverage than they are getting credit for. These teams have a pick that the Bills want but the Bills have the assets that they want. No one else, besides Cleveland, is even in the conversation. 

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

There are no other buyers though. They will want 50% and say that is the number but if no one is paying that they aren’t getting it. If Darnold is there they may take him. If not, I doubt that they go QB. They will be looking to add assets. The Bills have way more leverage than they are getting credit for. These teams have a pick that the Bills want but the Bills have the assets that they want. No one else, besides Cleveland, is even in the conversation. 

No Buyers?

AZ

MIA

to name a couple 

there are plenty of teams that could go to 5 and take the QB.  Or Denver can take them himself. 

If Bills want up they will pay the Premium established for a couple years now. 

Bills have very limited leverage. 

Rookie GM 

Alot of assets

and a clear well known need at QB

yeah any team is getting their 50%

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that you will almost certainly get a QB there. It depends to me on how closely you have them graded. There will be 2 or 3 off of the board by 5. You may be looking at your 3rd or 4th choice. That would be a home run of a trade though. 

You would walk out with something like:

Baker, Vander Esche, Penny and Pettis. 

If either the Giants or Denver doesn't draft a qb then I think we could get a deal done that doesn't deplete our picks. The players you listed would make a good haul. Vander Esche is an intriguing prospect. But he doesn't fit the profile of a McBeane draftee in that they prefer experienced players. 

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

No Buyers?

AZ

MIA

to name a couple 

there are plenty of teams that could go to 5 and take the QB.  Or Denver can take them himself. 

If Bills want up they will pay the Premium established for a couple years now. 

Bills have very limited leverage. 

Rookie GM 

Alot of assets

and a clear well known need at QB

yeah any team is getting their 50%

How is Arizona or Miami making that deal? What assets are they using that surpass what we can do? It isn’t even close. The Bills are probably parting with 4 of their top 5 picks but no one has a package that can rival that. If they make the move mentioned above they may pay less based on the Broncos not wanting to go lower than 7. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

How is Arizona or Miami making that deal? What assets are they using that surpass what we can do? It isn’t even close. The Bills are probably parting with 4 of their top 5 picks but no one has a package that can rival that. If they make the move mentioned above they may pay less based on the Broncos not wanting to go lower than 7. 

They like every team has futures. They like everyteam can run that premium up to get to 50%

24 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Dont really see the need to get to 7 unless you are going all the way to 2. 

- Not have to give up nearly as much. 

- Cleveland passes on moving down bc they covet Barkley 

- Could draft with Denver, but I honestly think they'd take Chubb or Nelson before Mayfield