Caught in the Draft

Not sure if anyone has seen any of the episodes on NFL network....

I love the listening to the analysis from the "experts", especially now since we know how things will play out.  For instance

Ron Jaworski said JP Losmen is a better prospect than Phillip Rivers

also was mentioned (don't remember by who)  Alex Smith translates to a better NFL QB than Aaron Rodgers.

Merrill Hoge gave the Packers a low draft grade because they wasted a pick on Aaron Rodgers, said they did not need a QB since they have Favre there.  

I love this post draft analysis 10+ years later, puts it all in perspective. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

The best part for me...is the analyst who is completely wrong about prospects...but who continues to speak with such bravado, shout down people that don’t agree and show zero humbleness the following years after being wrong.

But isn't that the way of the world these days! LOL

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

The best part for me...is the analyst who is completely wrong about prospects...but who continues to speak with such bravado, shout down people that don’t agree and show zero humbleness the following years after being wrong.

and they get paid to do it to boot.

Just now, horned dogs said:

But isn't that the way of the world these days! LOL

Yep never admit fault. We see it in every aspect of our society

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

The first lesson of draft projection is admit your mistakes as well as your successes. I think it would be really refreshing to see the NFL Network guys do a show where they talk through their misses. 

That would be a really cool show.  Maybe include some insight as to the difference between what they saw pre draft and what actually translated onto the field in the NFL, or where the prospect went wrong.

39 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

So you're saying you like listening to Mike schopp.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, HiddenInLight said:

That would be a really cool show.  Maybe include some insight as to the difference between what they saw pre draft and what actually translated onto the field in the NFL, or where the prospect went wrong.

Thats a great production idea. Def 20 mins worth of tv there. Easy.

41 minutes ago, HiddenInLight said:

Yep. That is what I think you should always try and do... work out why you were wrong.