Rex Ryan expects the Bills to make huge offer for #2.

PIZ

14 hours ago, boater said:

It's all in the W-L columns.

I'd tolerate a Rex blowhard who wins.

If you're a losing blowhard, you're sleeping with the fishes.

That's pretty much how it ended up. It's not complicated.

You are right. You can't talk sh*t without backing it up. Hollow words. AND when he failed he doubled down and failed some more. Such a D-Bag!

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

You have consistently been a harsh critic of Whaley. History has proven you to be correct. His patchwork approach to assembling a roster was an approach that was going to keep this franchise entrenched in the middle of the pack. His passivity on the qb issue was an act of malfeasance. With his type of tactical thinking the best that could be hoped for was keeping this team in the category of being a fringe wild-card team i.e. a category that applies to 70% of the teams. At least with the McBeane tandem you can see a blue print implemented with some strategic thinking and action. That more coherent way of doing business is what makes me optimistic. 

Look back now if you will at the Watkins trade. Whaley used the 9th pick, a future 1st rounder and a 4th to move up 5 spots......to draft a receiver. And please, I know Sammy is "good." That is not, nor was it ever my issue. Even if we DID have a qb at the time, that would have been a dumb move and just one of many.

I have always had a theory about the draft.....I think that 1 horrible, stupid draft (ex.: Bills 2006) can set a team back for many, many years. And as you said from day 1, quarterback is the way to go.

I even have another theory that involves defensive backs, but you may have heard it once or twice. :):):) 

11 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Look back now if you will at the Watkins trade. Whaley used the 9th pick, a future 1st rounder and a 4th to move up 5 spots......to draft a receiver. And please, I know Sammy is "good." That is not, nor was it ever my issue. Even if we DID have a qb at the time, that would have been a dumb move and just one of many.

I have always had a theory about the draft.....I think that 1 horrible, stupid draft (ex.: Bills 2006) can set a team back for many, many years. And as you said from day 1, quarterback is the way to go.

I even have another theory that involves defensive backs, but you may have heard it once or twice. :):):) 

If you think a bad draft sets a team back consider the multi-year set back that happened with the hiring of a corpulent and loquacious huckster coach? 

I'm not going to bother trying to argue with you over the importance of DBs. You are too hardened on that issue. Almost as hardened as I was on the Taylor issue. :) Although I have a more legitimate excuse for my obstinacy: family mulish genes

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/30/2018 at 1:05 PM, PIZ said:

I don't think the Bills should give much weight to the views of a guy who had a tat of his wife in Sanchez jersey tattooed on his arm, whether or not he's someone they fired.

21 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I heard Brady Quinn say on Sirius that he thinks that the Bills could get Mayfield at 12 (the 49ers pick) by giving up a 2nd or a 3rd. This would be my ideal scenario because as I said, we have little to no chance at getting Darnold.

I'm so confused!  Don't we already have pick 12, and the 49'ers pick at 9?

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think the Bills should give much weight to the views of a guy who had a tat of his wife in Sanchez jersey tattooed on his arm, whether or not he's someone they fired.

I'm so confused!  Don't we already have pick 12, and the 49'ers pick at 9?

Thanks, my mistake.  :(