Would you trade Leighton Vander Esch, DJ Moore, Rashaad Penny, and Mason Rudolph for Josh Rosen?

5 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Guess this is were we differ on whether Bills have a QB. I think a 2 time Champion for Alabama could lead Bills better than Taylor could, he can throw and has proven that in 4 games and 4 training camps. Second, we have a decent backup. We have 9 picks and if you truly are worried about QB still we could draft 2-3 of them and still get LMB and WR. I would rather take a shot with Rudolph, Falk and Lautta and see who emerges. You can put one of them on Practice squad. My question is how are you getting Rosen, he won't make it past the Jets? Two, the cost will leave you know way to get a starting MLB, no one is available that is worth to start. Are you planning on starting Rosen if you get him? More questions on getting him than the path I select. If the Bills want Rudolph bad enough he will be there at 12 and Evans at 22 or Leighton Vander Esch. You won't have 12, 22 or next years 1st to get Rosen plus 2 more picks in top 100.

Your going off college production, McCarron was 36-4 with 2 Championships. In 2015 Dalton went down hurt and McCarron started 3 games and went 2-1 then went to the playoffs. He lost the game due to defense, almost won. Rosen had 2 concussions last year, what makes you think McDermott would risk throwing a rookie to the NFL he just paid all those picks to and chance losing him on a learning curve. Your not making any sense. I understand wanting a Franchise QB, the problem is too many fans are forcing it without even a path to getting it done. Bills have nothing to dictate here and everything to lose. 

Don't care.  I'm going on skill sets that translate to NFL success. 

19 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Guess this is were we differ on whether Bills have a QB. I think a 2 time Champion for Alabama could lead Bills better than Taylor could, he can throw and has proven that in 4 games and 4 training camps. Second, we have a decent backup. We have 9 picks and if you truly are worried about QB still we could draft 2-3 of them and still get LMB and WR. I would rather take a shot with Rudolph, Falk and Lautta and see who emerges. You can put one of them on Practice squad. My question is how are you getting Rosen, he won't make it past the Jets? Two, the cost will leave you know way to get a starting MLB, no one is available that is worth to start. Are you planning on starting Rosen if you get him? More questions on getting him than the path I select. If the Bills want Rudolph bad enough he will be there at 12 and Evans at 22 or Leighton Vander Esch. You won't have 12, 22 or next years 1st to get Rosen plus 2 more picks in top 100.

Your going off college production, McCarron was 36-4 with 2 Championships. In 2015 Dalton went down hurt and McCarron started 3 games and went 2-1 then went to the playoffs. He lost the game due to defense, almost won. Rosen had 2 concussions last year, what makes you think McDermott would risk throwing a rookie to the NFL he just paid all those picks to and chance losing him on a learning curve. Your not making any sense. I understand wanting a Franchise QB, the problem is too many fans are forcing it without even a path to getting it done. Bills have nothing to dictate here and everything to lose. 

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Insanity

11 minutes ago, Luka said:

You are simply pretending you can see the future. You can't. You don't know that a rookie doesn't beat out McCarron. McCarron could be terrible. All 6 picks you draft instead of trading up for a top QB could be out of the league in 3 years. I doubt McCarron beats out Mayfield, Darnold or Rosen. But finding a QB is top priority and you aren't doing that at 12.

Well saying that means you have no faith in Beane and McDermott but you do have faith they can get your franchise QB. Kinda contradicting your argument to get a franchise QB. You are simply pretending to see the future, you can't. You don't know a rookie can win a starting job in the NFL, most lose out and not use to a 16 game season. Your franchise QB could be terribile, never played a game in the NFL before. Your QB could be out of the league in 3 years and 6 picks gone you never get back.

0:)

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Don't care.  I'm going on skill sets that translate to NFL success. 

OTAY!  QB crush going on

:wub:

1 minute ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Well saying that means you have no faith in Beane and McDermott but you do have faith they can get your franchise QB. Kinda contradicting your argument to get a franchise QB. You are simply pretending to see the future, you can't. You don't know a rookie can win a starting job in the NFL, most lose out and not use to a 16 game season. Your franchise QB could be terribile, never played a game in the NFL before. Your QB could be out of the league in 3 years and 6 picks gone you never get back.

OTAY!  QB crush going on

It is and you should stop because McCarron is a bridge to the next QB. 

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Your simply not realizing it is not the Bills who dictate whether they can get ROSEN. That is the Insanity thinking you can demand that happens. 

:angry:

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It is and you should stop because McCarron is a bridge to the next QB. 

You know nothing, that is a better contract then Taylor got to start with the Bills when he came from Baltimore in similar circumstances and less of a college background. He also had less games in NFL to see what he could be.

3 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Your simply not realizing it is not the Bills who dictate whether they can get ROSEN. That is the Insanity thinking you can demand that happens. 

:angry:

You know nothing, that is a better contract then Taylor got to start with the Bills when he came from Baltimore in similar circumstances and less of a college background. He also had less games in NFL to see what he could be.

I know he got backup money in Buffalo after no other team wanted him as a starter.  Take me to the bridge!

7 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

OTAY!  QB crush going on

No saying that means I am applying logic to the situation. You listed a group of players, how on Earth do you know that's who Beane would draft to being with? Your entire premise is a joke. We've sat around and let QBs fall to us. That's how you end up with the Manuels and the Losmans and the Edwards of the world. And we've been down the former backup road with the Holcombs and the Johnsons and the Fitzpatricks. I have plenty of faith and Beane, that's why now more than ever we should move up.

Give me Lamar Jackson at #12, redshirt him for 2018 (other than using him in special packages), let him develop properly. Then use all of the remaining picks (that weren't used in a huge trade up) to build the roster on both sides of the ball.

IMO, Jackson will be the steal of this draft. I just can't buy into Allen, Rosen or Mayfield hype. They all seem to have one or more major flaws that will keep them from ever becoming a long term NFL franchise QB. Jackson has all the tools, he just needs a year to develop both physically and mentally to become the franchise QB of the Bills that we've all been waiting for.

Edited by 1billsfan

1 hour ago, Luka said:

No saying that means I am applying logic to the situation. You listed a group of players, how on Earth do you know that's who Beane would draft to being with? Your entire premise is a joke. We've sat around and let QBs fall to us. That's how you end up with the Manuels and the Losmans and the Edwards of the world. And we've been down the former backup road with the Holcombs and the Johnsons and the Fitzpatricks. I have plenty of faith and Beane, that's why now more than ever we should move up.

When I read it, I realized those were just examples of players they could draft with those picks. The premise here is would you give away the chance at 4 or 5 possibly good players to take a shot on one guy who is possibly a good player at the most important position. Those 4 guys listed were just an example, I am pretty sure.

A lot of people on here seem to think that Josh Rosen is a surefire superstar 'franchise' qb. If McBeane think that way about any of them then they should take the chance. I don't see a surefire star, I see a few qbs with a lot of potential. 

Good qb play is what is needed, not necessarily a guy you draft and keep for 12 yrs. The goal is to win SBs, not find an idol whose jersey you can proudly wear for 15 yrs. The Eagles just won their first SB ever and did it with a journeyman castoff backup at qb. A guy that sucks according to a large % of folks here. People here insist that a guy like that at qb could never win your team a SB, basically denying the fact that he just did. 

Didn't the Bills trade up for Losman? That probably wasn't a good example for your point. 

4 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

When I read it, I realized those were just examples of players they could draft with those picks. The premise here is would you give away the chance at 4 or 5 possibly good players to take a shot on one guy who is possibly a good player at the most important position. Those 4 guys listed were just an example, I am pretty sure.

A lot of people on here seem to think that Josh Rosen is a surefire superstar 'franchise' qb. If McBeane think that way about any of them then they should take the chance. I don't see a surefire star, I see a few qbs with a lot of potential. 

Good qb play is what is needed, not necessarily a guy you draft and keep for 12 yrs. The goal is to win SBs, not find an idol whose jersey you can proudly wear for 15 yrs. The Eagles just won their first SB ever and did it with a journeyman castoff backup at qb. A guy that sucks according to a large % of folks here. People here insist that a guy like that at qb could never win your team a SB, basically denying the fact that he just did. 

Didn't the Bills trade up for Losman? That probably wasn't a good example for your point. 

You act as if Foles played the entire season.  Wentz was going to be the League MVP before he was injured. 

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You act as if Foles played the entire season.  Wentz was going to be the League MVP before he was injured. 

I am fully aware who played what games, I am simply stating that qb play is what is needed. It doesn't matter if it is a high draft pick or the backup. That is why you don't put all your eggs in one basket. Foles was obviously capable on the biggest stage because he proved it. This isn't about Wentz and Foles, this is about the notion that you have to draft a top 5 pick qb to win it all, as if that is a requisite. It takes a team effort and the better the team the less dependent on one position. I will get behind what they choose to do. All these blanket statements, absolute truths , and derogatory remarks toward any who disagree are getting tiresome. 

Just now, Turk71 said:

I am fully aware who played what games, I am simply stating that qb play is what is needed. It doesn't matter if it is a high draft pick or the backup. That is why you don't put all your eggs in one basket. Foles was obviously capable on the biggest stage because he proved it. This isn't about Wentz and Foles, this is about the notion that you have to draft a top 5 pick qb to win it all, as if that is a requisite. It takes a team effort and the better the team the less dependent on one position. I will get behind what they choose to do. All these blanket statements, absolute truths , and derogatory remarks toward any who disagree are getting tiresome. 

Where is the derogatory remark? 

19 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

'Wentz was going to be', a lot of things in life were going to be but then other shet happened. The fact is Wentz could not finish the season, win the MVP, or guide them through the playoffs and win the SB. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Where is the derogatory remark? 

That was not directed at you, that was a general appraisal of the discourse of late on this board.

2 hours ago, 1billsfan said:

Give me Lamar Jackson at #12, redshirt him for 2018 (other than using him in special packages), let him develop properly. Then use all of the remaining picks (that weren't used in a huge trade up) to build the roster on both sides of the ball.

IMO, Jackson will be the steal of this draft. I just can't buy into Allen, Rosen or Mayfield hype. They all seem to have one or more major flaws that will keep them from ever becoming a long term NFL franchise QB. Jackson has all the tools, he just needs a year to develop both physically and mentally to become the franchise QB of the Bills that we've all been waiting for.

So the too three have flaws. But the QB with MAJOR mechanical flaws (Jackson) just needs a year. 

Ha ha ha ha 

Just now, Turk71 said:

'Wentz was going to be', a lot of things in life were going to be but then other shet happened. The fact is Wentz could not finish the season, win the MVP, or guide them through the playoffs and win the SB. 

Oh well. None of that explains your sensitivity to what I posted.  Trade up and get a franchise guy!

15 hours ago, Pbomb said:

So you ask him how he knows someone will be good then go on to state their ceilings yourself. And is phillip rivers even better than matt ryan?

I would say Phillip Rivers is better than Ryan

20 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Oh well. None of that explains your sensitivity to what I posted.  Trade up and get a franchise guy!

Sensitivity? You responded to my response to someone else. I merely clarified my position. 

I hope they nail these tricky choices. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Turk71 said:

Sensitivity? You responded to my response to someone else. I merely clarified my position. 

I hope they nail these tricky choices. 

Yeah you said something about derogatory remarks which I didn't make towards you. At any rate, it's their butts on the line, so they had better. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz