The NYG Worked Out Future Bills' QB Josh Rosen Today - Bills Did on Sunday (3/18)

11 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

I have a really tough time believing the Giants will be passing on a QB.

This team was 3-13 last year.  Yet people think are trying to "win now."  Their roster isn't remotely close to Super Bowl level.

Eli Manning is 37 years old.  He played poorly in 2016 and then played even worse last year.  He's done.

The Giants are telling everyone one thing, but they are in prime position to take their QB of the future.  And they know it.

They took Davis Webb in round 3 last year, there was some round 1 buzz on him and they are said to really like him.

8 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

Follow me and maybe we can talk about what I am trying to say from your post...

I said multiple times I see you posted YOU want to go to 2. Truthfully IMO most fans do.

You still here?

What I was responding to was your quote

"I don't see 6 QBs going in the top 11 if the Bills were to wait at 12". 

Do you understand? Is this confusing you?

Here I will highlight my quote from a earlier post.

"I see what you wrote. Maybe I should have highlighted the 6 QBs go top 11".

In other words he is saying it would be great if we traded up to 2, but not the end of the world if we don't.  I think that's what he is trying to say. Al least that is what I take from it and I feel the same except I'm not willing to trade our entire draft and destroy whatever QB we take because he is getting killed and has no one to throw the ball to.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

6 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

The Jets didn't do anything the Bills couldn't beat as far as other picks goes. They had the 6th pick and the Bills had 12. End of story. The Colts patiently played their hand and are still playing. They weren't taking the Bills offer unless the Jets dropped out or wouldn't pay what their ransom note demanded . It's not really that hard to figure out. Why would they lock themselves into 12 now? They either stay at 6 and get their target player plus picks for free from the Jets. OR they move back with a QB desperate team during the draft and get picks from two teams. They had nothing to lose by waiting. 

Of course he doesn't know that. He's not clairvoyant. He may have a good idea, but things can change. The draft is a month away. He was willing to make a deal for 3, and the Jets were stuck if they didn't pay up. 

Maybe our guy is still there at 6 and our trade got cheaper.

6 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Again.  If Beane walks in and says "I know the Jets are offering #6 and 3 2nds, but we'll give you 3 1sts and 2 nds", the Colts don't turn that down over the difference between 6 and 12.

You are contradicting yourself, you say they werent willing to go 12 over 6 in one line then turn around and say they want picks from two different teams.  They are clearly willing to move out of 6, they've said as much, we just would have had to pay the price of two moves.  We could have.  We chose not to.

also there is a rumor they may trade down again so what happened to not going below 6.

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

The trade won't be cheaper. It will be hundreds of points over trade chart value , the Jets deal ensured that. 

cheaper than moving to 3

2 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

also there is a rumor they may trade down again so what happened to not going below 6.

cheaper than moving to 3

We'll see. Obviously the 6 pick isn't as valuable as 3. The Bills may be desperate if the right player happens to be there. It was really a no risk move for the Colts to 6. If they don't like another deal they probably get their top choice anyway. 

6 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I disagree and I'm not contradicting myself. They weren't willing to lock themselves into 12 , when QB desperate teams will be even more desperate. The Colts chose a no risk move with the Jets at 6, a pick the Bills couldn't possibly offer no matter how hard you try to convince yourself that they could. They are willing to move again if the price is greater, which they forced up by taking the Jets offer. If not they have a no risk move they could live with. Ballard said he's willing to move again if the price is right. That's code for " my price went up". You may say they don't turn the offer down, but they wanted the 6th pick. The Bills couldn't beat that. 

The bills have enough draft ammo to cover what Indy gets out both picks but it would be stupid to make that trade and I guess Indy probly does make out better trading to two teams because no team is going to give up 2-1st "18, 2-2nds "18, the first pick 3rd round "18, lower pick 3rd "18, '19 1st, '19 second.

Buffalo could cover both trades in only two drafts. NYJ had to cover 1 trade in two drafts.

It would be extremely foolish to do so.

19 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

We'll see. Obviously the 6 pick isn't as valuable as 3. The Bills may be desperate if the right player happens to be there. It was really a no risk move for the Colts to 6. If they don't like another deal they probably get their top choice anyway. 

The more I think about it the more I think Buff only liked one QB to trade up for at the cost.  So even 2 would be too risky.  If that is the case they made the best decision.  If that doesn't change then the only way they trade up is if their guy doesn't go 1st overall.  If they decide they like 2 then maybe they trade to 2nd overall pre-draft. 

Wouldn't it be great if the jets only like 2 guys and they get drafted 1 and 2.  It would really suck if we only like one at the price and he went at 1 and we had already given a ton to get 2.

Just now, wppete said:

This draft is driving all of us insane! 

Way too many days until the draft day. I blame Beane for trading up early, and then the Jets for messing with us. I was resigned to think nothing would happen til mid April and fine with it. Now we grind the weeks away ever so slowly.

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Had surgery to his throwing shoulder. Recently had two concussions in 4 weeks. Missed the Cactus Bowl. Durability is a big question mark.

I would add mobility to that > Durability 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, noacls said:

I really hope not. 

Shoulder injury

2 concussions

Bad attitude

There were no injury concerns flagged at the combine so neither the shoulder nor concussions are an issue.  Explain how he has a bad attitude. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

There were no injury concerns flagged at the combine so neither the shoulder nor concussions are an issue.  Explain how he has a bad attitude. 

Look it up yourself, this isnt a charter school do your own work.