The NYG Worked Out Future Bills' QB Josh Rosen Today - Bills Did on Sunday (3/18)

19 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Anyone consider this??

I have brought it up. Then someone chimes in that I'm looking for a reason not to like Rosen etc. what I think means squat. It could be at least an issue to some team about to make a big investment, though. 

20 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Anyone consider this??

The more chatter around this aspect of Rosen's resume, the more I expect him to have a good career...with a team that passed on him for thinking just like Tucker and the other 'gurus' who dwell on his leadership ability.

The NFL is littered with stars who fell in the draft (i.e., Rogers, Thurmal) because of doubts about their ability... 

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The more chatter around this aspect of Rosen's resume, the more I expect him to have a good career...with a team that passed on him for thinking just like Tucker and the other 'gurus' who dwell on his leadership ability.

The NFL is littered with stars who fell in the draft (i.e., Rogers, Thurmal) because of doubts about their ability... 

The NFL is also littered with stars who drafted high and flopped.

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Interesting. I'm not sure why chatter ( there's always plenty on both sides of these players) would change one's expectation one way or the other. If you tried, you could probably find equal amounts of tweets etc  both positive and negative. Most NFL players were passed on by more than one team. It doesn't mean a thing. They can either play or they can't. 

1 minute ago, Meazy26 said:

Hasn’t basically every player who’s ever played football suffered from multiple concussions? Overblown, imo. 

And Ivy doctor money doesn’t come close to star NFL QB money...

No , it doesn't. But he could have influences from that direction and a high pick still gets a sizeable bonus. Some guys may be more easily swayed into early retirement . We're seeing more of this in the NFL now than in the past. 

20 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I wouldn’t hate that 

I think I would like it as well.  Some posters made some valid points to me tho.

The compensation might be higher than the value due to age and money.

We may not have the supporting cast he would need.  Last season showed he can't elevate a team like Rogers or Brady.

20 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I would. He not the prototypical QB that Beane prefers.  

Smoke screen?

33 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I don't care about that stuff. I'm concerned about his concussion history. I wasn't aware he had two last year.

8 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I think I would like it as well.  Some posters made some valid points to me tho.

The compensation might be higher than the value due to age and money.

We may not have the supporting cast he would need.  Last season showed he can't elevate a team like Rogers or Brady.

Smoke screen?

They need to examine all of these guys and I have no doubt that they will. 

46 minutes ago, Meazy26 said:

Hasn’t basically every player who’s ever played football suffered from multiple concussions? Overblown, imo. 

And Ivy doctor money doesn’t come close to star NFL QB money...

Rosen’s family are also the heirs to some pretty decent fortunes,  but I still never understood the Rosen doesn’t need the NFL theory. NFL starting QB contracts are a nice deal, and if the dude has any drive at all it would feel good to actually earn his own money. Most NFL QB’s come from decent financially soild backgrounds. Many of these guys would have options outside of football. They might not come from the wealth of Rosen, but none of these guys “need” football to have a decent upper middle class life. The NFL just takes it to a different level. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

7 hours ago, Putin said:

That’s what I’m afraid of , I think Jets want Mayfield , If that’s the case ( God please ) anyone but Rosen !!!  I wouldn’t even want him at 22 , 

Not my first choice but if Mayfield, Allen and Rudolph aren't on the board then top ten trade for Rosen works for me.  My only concerns there are health and commitment.  I just don't want to give up a ton and risk that he has a short career.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Anyone consider this??

http://newsok.com/article/5470271

47 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Pat Shurmur and Mike Shula from Giants were there today at the Sam Darnold Pro Day and took him out to dinner Monday night

I could certainly see a scenario where Darnold is viewed as the "can't miss" guy of the draft class and once Cleveland announces they are taking him, either formally or informally, the bidding on #2 opens.

• Like (+1) 1

I have a really tough time believing the Giants will be passing on a QB.

This team was 3-13 last year.  Yet people think are trying to "win now."  Their roster isn't remotely close to Super Bowl level.

Eli Manning is 37 years old.  He played poorly in 2016 and then played even worse last year.  He's done.

The Giants are telling everyone one thing, but they are in prime position to take their QB of the future.  And they know it.

• Like (+1) 1