I say we will not draft a QB round 1

mead107

To me people are confusing trading UP for Drafting one in the first round. As I said earlier in the thread, I think the Bills Draft a QB - and probably in the 1st round - but that doesn’t necessarily mean going into top 5....I think they see what’s there at 12 - which to me is why they did that - and possibly take their guy there and use the rest of the picks to get good football players. 

At at this point, I truly believe it’s possible they take a guy like Jackson at 12, with the intent of AJ starting a year or two, and giving Jackson that time to take over. 

17 hours ago, KRT88 said:

Wow what an incredibly enlightening take you have on the subject. 9 entire words used to say absolutely nothing!

vased in the current state of the off season, I’d say the chances of the Bills not picking a QB in round 1 of the draft are WAY below 1%! They didn’t make all these moves and say everything to become Cleveland and pass on the QB when they have the chance. 

Back down buddy. No reason to get nasty with my pal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I've said it before.  I'd be ok with LB (Smith ideally) and Rudolph.   I actually think Rudolph will end up the best QB in this draft. 

Bingo. That would be smart drafting and still have all our picks to build this team for years to come. Beane seems slick, I wouldnt be surprised if he takes this route.  He would be the GM of the century if AJM lights it up too. Keep in mind the trade with the Bengals was to UNLOAD Glenn, the pick swap was added bonus in the deal, imo.  Many see this as moving up for a QB, I see it as moving on from an injury prone OT and getting a sweet pick in doing so.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Back down buddy. No reason to get nasty with my pal.

Please you start a topic and SAY NOTHING! Everyone should have dump down the 11 year old lack of foresight to actually say anything!

manned space flight is possible but if you actually think the Bills aren’t doing all of this to draft a QB, you either not very smart or doing illegal things! 

30 minutes ago, KRT88 said:

Please you start a topic and SAY NOTHING! Everyone should have dump down the 11 year old lack of foresight to actually say anything!

manned space flight is possible but if you actually think the Bills aren’t doing all of this to draft a QB, you either not very smart or doing illegal things! 

Are you from Dunkirk? I have no clue what you just told me. 

4 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Are you from Dunkirk? I have no clue what you just told me. 

Looks like he equated you to starting a “topic” w/o “fully” splaining yoirself.  

Me, I have no idea if they plan on drafting a QB just to draft a QB. 

There is much to speculate.  

44 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Looks like he equated you to starting a “topic” w/o “fully” splaining yoirself.  

Me, I have no idea if they plan on drafting a QB just to draft a QB. 

There is much to speculate.  

An 11yo at that and I didnt start this topic right. Im with you on the QB situation. I would personally speculate that they may draft a LB and OL or wr with the 1st 2 picks. Then draft another QB later in the draft. That is unless one of the top (that they like) falls to 12.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/14/2018 at 6:45 PM, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

Obviously we are drafting QB Round 1.

And we're gonna move up as far as it takes.

For?

ROSEN, big time obvs.

What, Darnold? A Green Turnover Machine?

Getting pick 12 kinda sealed the obviousness.

*  We don't have a proven starter.

*  We have a lot of draft capital.

*  This is a QB rich draft.

*  We traded our starting LT way to move up to #12.

This might be too circumstantial to get a guilty verdict from a jury but I'm convinced: we're grabbing a QB.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, RFL said:

Bingo. That would be smart drafting and still have all our picks to build this team for years to come. Beane seems slick, I wouldnt be surprised if he takes this route.  He would be the GM of the century if AJM lights it up too. Keep in mind the trade with the Bengals was to UNLOAD Glenn, the pick swap was added bonus in the deal, imo.  Many see this as moving up for a QB, I see it as moving on from an injury prone OT and getting a sweet pick in doing so.

Stahp.

Glenn had value.

If he was so trash and just being unloaded, why did Cincinnati move BACK 9 spots to get him??

Glenn was used as extra value, in addition to the #21 pick, and the late rnd pick swapping, to allow Buffalo to move up to #12.

You are literally talking out of your ass if you think Glenn was an "unload" and getting moved up from 21 to 12 was just "bonus"

I can see it happening. I think they have in mind the QB they want, and if he's not there when they're on the clock, they will fill another position before they settle for a QB they aren't as hot on. Either they get their #1 guy or they don't take a QB is my guess. Maybe there is ore than one they would take, though.

On 3/14/2018 at 9:28 PM, Misterbluesky said:

Maybe trade out of both first rounders and get more first rounders next year?

Trade with Browns maybe for their #1 next year; takes pressure off Browns next year having #1 pick again.

On 3/14/2018 at 9:38 PM, simool said:

What if...... Crack didn't kill?

Then you could smoke more?

On 3/14/2018 at 11:03 PM, akm0404 said:

I know this OP is a troll, but to address a more reasonable-sounding point that some are making:

The OP is NOT a troll; maybe he was drinking or just free thinking but not a troll.  Trolls do not go to TBD tailgate unless they were a +1 of someone from Boston.

On 3/15/2018 at 4:43 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Mead ,buddy what is going on, you're saying some pretty crazy things??

Not too crazy - he has not suggested trading our starting DE for John Skelton.

That poster should have been banned but with migration to new board some think bodies are buried.

On 3/15/2018 at 7:25 AM, maryland-bills-fan said:

Do we know if McCarron himself didn't want a mulit-year contract?   (2 years $10 to $16.5 million) It is also likely that he wanted a place where he would be the starter for the first year for sure in order to prove himself.  Then he would be valuable bait to be traded somewhere either the 2nd year as a starter (with a new longer, better paid contract) OR be a free agent after two years and cash in big-time. ??  We don't know if the Bills or McCarron wanted his contract to end after the 2nd year.

or Bills could negotiate with him during 2nd year on a longer contract.  He is a QB who had a lot of promise but never got his shot.

On 3/15/2018 at 12:30 PM, NewEraBills said:

It'll take a cold day in hell to get the Colts to pass on Barkley.

Well hell is New York City which is no surprise.

On 3/15/2018 at 12:46 PM, NewEraBills said:

We have to get to 3 minimum IMO.  But it all depends on what the Giants do at 2.  If the Giants surprise and take a QB at 2, I think we're screwed out of the QB sweepstakes because I don't see the Colts passing up on Barkley at all especially with the Browns sitting at 4.

Well they passed by trading.

20 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

One of my favorite all time was when ESPN interviewed Buddy Nix after the first night of the draft.  They specifically asked him who was the best player left on day 2.  Without hesitation, he stated "Jonathan Martin".  Then when the Bills were up, they passed on Martin and took Cordy Glenn.

They did not ask who he was best player for ... reporters are sometimes so shallow.