Northern Lights

Greybeard

17 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Looks like Maine and Northern Michigan have a chance to see them.  Large flare hitting earth the next two days.  Maybe the prediction will be off and it will get down to NYS.

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/

I can't follow that site. Is New Hampshire within viewing range?

24 minutes ago, row_33 said:

for a summer job in Hearst (the highest highway point in Ontario then , maybe still so) it was bright enough to play baseball and read

the novelty wore off after a day or so

I can only imagine. 180° the other way... The bright lights of the big city NEVER wear off.  Take that Mutha Nature! 

Baseball and read.  Sounds like a real blast! Humans love the cover of night too, and most likely more. ;)

:D

21 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I can only imagine. 180° the other way... The bright lights of the big city NEVER wear off.  Take that Mutha Nature! 

Baseball and read.  Sounds like a real blast! Humans love the cover of night too, and most likely more. ;)

:D

until we had a blackout for two days awhile back i wasn't aware i could see stars in the sky outside my Toronto condo

7 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

It seems as though Northern Lights, meteor showers, lunar eclipses, planetary alignments, etc. all happen when the weather in New York does what it does best. Suck. 

For all the weather suckatude NYS enjoys, sure makes for one pretty state!

Take the good with the bad.:D