This could be something.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000920564/article/jets-have-most-cap-space-will-be-very-active-in-fa

If the Jets end up with Cousins, it'll definitely shake up FA and the draft. Takes a contender for QB out of the top ten. Does anyone know if the Broncos are wanting to draft a QB? I know they need a starter and have their heart set on Cousins. If the Broncos  don't get him, who do they like in the draft?

Edited by Bornafan66

50 minutes ago, Bornafan66 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000920564/article/jets-have-most-cap-space-will-be-very-active-in-fa

If the Jets end up with Cousins, it'll definitely shake up FA and the draft. Takes a contender for QB out of the top ten. Does anyone know if the Broncos are wanting to draft a QB? I know they need a starter and have their heart set on Cousins. If the Broncos  don't get him, who do they like in the draft?

I know someone who knows but he won't talk to me about it.  

Great thread start though man,  pretty amazing topic that hasn't been discussed.  I like new angles to talk about the same exact topic.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bornafan66 said:

This is a no-brainer.  But people assume that Cousin will take the team that offers him the biggest contract.  I'm not so sure that happens.  Minnesota and Denver (to a lesser extent) present much better situations.  If either of those teams are in the ballpark, I think Cousins signs with them

• Like (+1) 1

I hope that he doesn't go to the Jets unless it doesn't help them. Money changes everything if it's enough. Even a dude with dreams of winning will go to a place he won't win if it is significantly more money.

If you think about it. Isn't this all over money in the first place? Keeps getting tagged because they can't reach $$$ terms. I understand wanting to win. That allows you to live in the NFL longer be known maybe be a guy on television speculating after you retire.

Then comes money. If he were to get paid like a serious QB it wouldn't be as much about winning because he reached that final payday after his time in trying to win.

He came in a late round dude. He doesn't want to sink out on a team that isn't any good I am sure. I believe that. I just think in the end the money will win if for certain it's available. He doesn't think he had longevity in Washington so I'll go to a place I can win unless some one wanted to pay me seriously. He offered that option to Washington they declined.

I think it's more on the Jets. Just because they have that money means they want to just throw it around. They know the dude wants his. It's an investment and every investment is a risk.

Edited by Lfod

When did thread titles start becoming pure click bait?

I guess it's too difficult to just say the Jets have X amount cap room and link to an article. It seems like TBD threads are more similar to those cheesy ads on most websites now.  

1 hour ago, Lfod said:

If you think about it. Isn't this all over money in the first place? Keeps getting tagged because they can't reach $$$ terms.

Alternative explanation. He had no intention of reaching terms with the Skins because he saw them as not being a contender. IOW, he didn't want to be there. If so the Jets have no chance and the Vikings would look pretty good.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, RememberTheRockpile said:

Alternative explanation. He had no intention of reaching terms with the Skins because he saw them as not being a contender. IOW, he didn't want to be there. If so the Jets have no chance and the Vikings would look pretty good.  

I agree. I definitely think he has motivation to win. The NFL don't last long if you can't find yourself in the right situation. If he goes to a team next year and struggles it's kind of a step out the door for him. 

I agree the smart play is to a team you feel you can win. I just think if the Jets wanted to pay him like he already wins that might be a different story. In the long run the Jets are not the worst team in the world to go to if the money was right.

I love the speculation and we will see soon enough how it plays out. Crazy off-season we are having.

Edited by Lfod