Bills moving up to 5?

2 minutes ago, mileena said:

Experts say this is the best QB class since the vaunted class of 1983, when six QB's were taken in round 1, five of them by the AFC East. Three went on to become Hall of Famers, and the other three were pretty good too.

Dan Marino

Jim Kelly

John Elway

Tony Eason

Todd Blackledge

Ken O'Brien

Are you saying that Tony Eason, Todd Blackledge and Ken O’Brien ever “pretty good”?

O’Brien was the best of the bunch by far, but I am sure that few here would be happy if they traded a lot to move up for an equivalent player.

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

Are you saying that Tony Eason, Todd Blackledge and Ken O’Brien ever “pretty good”?

O’Brien was the best of the bunch by far, but I am sure that few here would be happy if they traded a lot to move up for an equivalent player.

Well, O'Brien did make the Pro Bowl. But I guess you are right. I would say any of them would be better than Tyrod, Fitz, or Losman though.

35 minutes ago, mannc said:

Barkley will be a very good player, but he’s still just a RB, which means (a) the drop off between him and the next best option at the position is not great, and (b) his career will probably not last more than 6 years.  A great QB would still be winning games for the Browns for perhaps a decade after Saquon is retired.  The only way Barkley at 1 makes any sense is if the Browns truly don’t care which QB they end up with, which I find hard to believe.  And there is a very good chance they could pick their preferred QB at 1 AND get Barkley at 4.  

Barkley will not get past Indy

Mayfield is starting to grow on me a little bit. He checks some of the boxes Team McBeane like, aside from prototypical size and consistently making plays from the pocket. (I'm not saying he doesn't make plays from the pocket just saying that he's got some of that Russell Wilson/Tyrod Taylor vibe where he'll run around for a bit and then make a throw. Nothing wrong with that if you're making the plays but teams obviously wanna see steady plays being made from the pocket.)

I don't care what they do (well, I do) just do what they gotta do to get whoever they think is gonna be their guy for the next 10 years. 

23 minutes ago, mileena said:

Experts say this is the best QB class since the vaunted class of 1983, when six QB's were taken in round 1, five of them by the AFC East. Three went on to become Hall of Famers, and the other three were pretty good too.

Dan Marino

Jim Kelly

John Elway

Tony Eason

Todd Blackledge

Ken O'Brien

Show me the Experts. Just no way, even 2004 couldn't do that and that is a awesome draft. 

19 minutes ago, mileena said:

You mean 1983.

Also, are you from Boston??

Opps, 86 is when Kelly played for Bills. I lived in NE for 10 years but from Buffalo.

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

Yes he will.  Indy will either trade the pick, or take Bradley Chubb.  They aren’t taking a RB there.

Than the Giants will, Cleveland wants him it will be with 1st pick. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/mock-drafts

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2018/01/03/2018-nfl-mock-draft-first-round-sam-darnold-josh-rosen/997200001/

Edited by USABuffaloFan

5 minutes ago, simool said:

Hey we need someone to fill in the holes and add the remaining idiotic "Moving to ___?" threads. [/B] I mean if we are going to be idiotic, lets be thorough ladies.

Have you been keeping track? Let me know where the holes are and I’ll try to do my part. It’s almost like Secret Santa, we all pop in and have something to offer.....usually something crappy. 

43 minutes ago, mileena said:

Dan Marino

Jim Kelly

John Elway

Tony Eason

Todd Blackledge

Ken O'Brien

I've yet to see any " experts" such as Mayock etc say this is anything like the class of '83. Heck, Mayock was huge on Wentz and he said there isn't even a Wentz in this class at the combine. Odds are there isn't even one hall if fame QB in this class. If the Bills feel there is a guy worth a wheelbarrow full of draft picks available to them, then look for them to make a move up to get him. 

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Barkley will be a very good player, but he’s still just a RB, which means (a) the drop off between him and the next best option at the position is not great, and (b) his career will probably not last more than 6 years.  A great QB would still be winning games for the Browns for perhaps a decade after Saquon is retired.  The only way Barkley at 1 makes any sense is if the Browns truly don’t care which QB they end up with, which I find hard to believe.  And there is a very good chance they could pick their preferred QB at 1 AND get Barkley at 4.  

Most draftniks would say there is no way Barkley makes it to 4. A truly great RB can be a real asset , especially for a young QB. The Browns don't need to wait and hope for their preferred QB to fall to them at 4. If they like a guy over the others, they can move up from 4 and get him. They really have the picks to control the draft in the way they see fit. 

I expect our staff to trade up for any QB in this draft class that they see as a guy who can come in and get this team to a SB, I have my favorites but I'll embrace it no matter if it's Allen, Rosen, mayfield, Jackson, Rudolph or someone else, I don't have to like it at first and if it doesn't work out then I told you. :D