Nigel Bradham a FA target? (Update: Re-signs with Eagles)

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not sure re: drugs but as far as arrests go, he signed Deonte Thompson and traded up for Dion Dawkins, who both had arrests in their background. 

I remember something about Dawkins (which was a minor incident) and the Bills stating they liked how he learned from it and where Dawkins head was at.

So, with that and other players pointed out in this thread....the Bills will evaluate each player individually which IMO is a good way to do things!

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not sure re: drugs but as far as arrests go, he signed Deonte Thompson and traded up for Dion Dawkins, who both had arrests in their background. 

and Tanner Vallejo was suspended for the bowl game his senior year...I don't think McBeane want choir boys but Bradham is a habitual offender who doesn't seem to learn his lessons...

He had issues with the Bills

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/11286652/nigel-bradham-buffalo-bills-suspended-one-game

And they continued with the Eagles...

26 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Not dispositive, but:

The Bills signed former Giants DE Owa Odighizuwa, who was suspended for the first four games of last season for violating the leads substance abuse policy.

....good point......you can only take this choir boy and "McD mold" so far.....hell, even the Catholic church allows you to go to confession and tell your "sins" to Father Guido Sarducci for Sunday communion, right?...is McD a Bishop, Cardinal or Pope in training?......

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Manther said:

I wonder what his price tag is.  Just spit balling and would think $6-$8 million a year.  If so, I think we are not interested.

I don't think they would be interested in anything over 6 million. Even 6 million would be steep. I think McD would likely target him around 5 million per which would be right in line with his production level. 

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....good point......you can only take this choir boy and "McD mold" so far.....hell, even the Catholic church allows you to go to confession and tell your "sins" to Father Guido Sarducci for Sunday communion, right?...is McD a Bishop, Cardinal or Pope in training?......

I think McD is probably Lay Deacon status....meaning smoking a little weed, a few blemishes are probably okay -- but you are going to have to say the Hail Mary's and show remorse... It's the forgiveness Process...

I wouldn't love it. I really like Matt Milano as a WILL. I think this team needs a MIKE and a SAM. I really like the idea of Christian Jones as a SAM backer. He has been kind of miscast as a 3-4 ILB in Chicago. In a 4-3 Under the SAM is a two down player, but Jones played some DE at FSU. He'd effectively replace Lorax. Jones also has super long arms, which helps when lining up over the tight end. 

At the MIKE I think you go after Tahir Whitehead or Avery Williamson. You look to see if the Pats release Shea McClellin. I'd also be willing to take a flyer on Brian Cushing. Outside of that, I think you have to find your MIKE in the draft whether it's Evans or Vander Esch or whatever. Preston Brown should be gone. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, JoeF said:

I think McD is probably Lay Deacon status....meaning smoking a little weed, a few blemishes are probably okay -- but you are going to have to say the Hail Mary's and show remorse... It's the forgiveness Process...

....hmmm....could make 'em the "Flying Nun", right??.............

6 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

He loved living in East Aurora..Ryan was a fool for not keeping him.Get it done OBD!

To be fair it wouldntve mattered if ryan wanted to keep him, he wanted to stay in a 43 and we switched schemes with rex

Edited by BillsSbSoon

Another under the radar guy is Brock Coyle. He is a small school guy from Montana who runs a 4.6. Was an UDFA who bounced around. He started his career with the Seahawks, and just had a really nice year for the 49ers. Gritty small school player? Seems like a good fit. I could see McDermott liking him. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

He’s a sure fit in this defense but probably has just 2-3 (at most) of playing at a high MLB level.  The move would not surprise me, but as some point you have to think McDermott wants a “Luke Kuechly” for his defense.   

Have to draft one. 

I'm all for Bradham on a good deal. 

10 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

He’s a sure fit in this defense but probably has just 2-3 (at most) of playing at a high MLB level.  The move would not surprise me, but as some point you have to think McDermott wants a “Luke Kuechly” for his defense.   

Agreed. I think that guy has to come from the draft. 

However, I mentioned Brock Coyle above, but all of his pro day number were comparable to Kuechly. I think he could be a sleeper, under teh radar guy for our defense. 

Here is Coyle's pro day: 

Pre-draft measurables
Ht Wt Arm length Hand size 40-yard dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert jump Broad BP
6 ft 1 in
(1.85 m)
235 lb
(107 kg)
32.5 in
(0.83 m)
9.38 in
(0.24 m)
4.60 s 1.60 s   4.28 s 6.74 s 37.0 in
(0.94 m)
9 ft 7 in
(2.92 m)
25 rep

Here is Kuechly's combine: 

Pre-draft measurables
Ht Wt Arm length Hand size 40-yard dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert jump Broad BP Wonderlic
6 ft 3 in
(1.91 m)
242 lb
(110 kg)
31 in
(0.79 m)
9 34 in
(0.25 m)
4.58 s 1.63 s   4.12 s 6.92 s 38.1 in
(0.97 m)
10 ft 3 in
(3.12 m)
27 reps 34

Avery Williamson is going to be expensive, but were are his numbers:

Pre-draft measurables
Ht Wt Arm length Hand size 40-yard dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert jump Broad BP
6 ft 1 in
(1.85 m)
246 lb
(112 kg)
32 34 in
(0.83 m)
9 12 in
(0.24 m)
4.66 s     4.07 s 7.11 s 30 12 in
(0.77 m)
10 ft 0 in
(3.05 m)
25 reps
All values from NFL Combine[5]

I know athletic ability isn't everything, but I found it interesting that Coyle had such impressive numbers, and again had a really nice year for the Niners. He is now listed at 6-1, 245 so he got bigger. Coyle could be the under the radar Poyer-Hyde type of signing that no one sees coming.

Edited by MrEpsYtown

2 minutes ago, Iamkrgr said:

Have to draft one. 

I'm all for Bradham on a good deal. 

When though?  In 2018 or 2019?  I wouldn’t sign Bradham and then draft a MLB this year. I think MLB is one of those positions where rookies can step right and play well.  Wouldn’t do much good to have him sit

38 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Two year deal would probably do it 

Two year deal for $6 million per year.  Sign me up.  But, I don't think that will do it.

I don't think he is on McBeane's radar either with TOO many issues and he doesn't seem to be learning from them.  But, ME I would still take him for Two years and $12 million.

5 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

When though?  In 2018 or 2019?  I wouldn’t sign Bradham and then draft a MLB this year. I think MLB is one of those positions where rookies can step right and play well.  Wouldn’t do much good to have him sit

The draft being where it is makes it tough. Do you sign Bradham or someone else and then have a guy fall in the draft and not take him because you signed Bradham? I think you'd still look to draft him if you liked the player enough. 

The linebacker group needs as much help as it can get. Beyond Milano having a good rookie season and still being a bit green i don't see much on the roster. 

8 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Agreed. I think that guy has to come from the draft. 

However, I mentioned Brock Coyle above, but all of his pro day number were comparable to Kuechly. I think he could be a sleeper, under teh radar guy for our defense. 

Here is Coyle's pro day: 

Pre-draft measurables
6 ft 1 in
(1.85 m)
235 lb
(107 kg)
32.5 in
(0.83 m)
9.38 in
(0.24 m)
4.60 s 1.60 s   4.28 s 6.74 s 37.0 in
(0.94 m)
9 ft 7 in
(2.92 m)
25 rep

Here is Kuechly's combine: 

Pre-draft measurables
Ht Wt Arm length Hand size 40-yard dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert jump Broad BP Wonderlic
6 ft 3 in
(1.91 m)
242 lb
(110 kg)
31 in
(0.79 m)
9 34 in
(0.25 m)
4.58 s 1.63 s   4.12 s 6.92 s 38.1 in
(0.97 m)
10 ft 3 in
(3.12 m)
27 reps 34

Avery Williamson is going to be expensive, but were are his numbers:

Pre-draft measurables
6 ft 1 in
(1.85 m)
246 lb
(112 kg)
32 34 in
(0.83 m)
9 12 in
(0.24 m)
4.66 s     4.07 s 7.11 s 30 12 in
(0.77 m)
10 ft 0 in
(3.05 m)
25 reps
All values from NFL Combine[5]

I know athletic ability isn't everything, but I found it interesting that Coyle had such impressive numbers, and again had a really nice year for the Niners. He is now listed at 6-1, 245 so he got bigger. Coyle could be the under the radar Poyer-Hyde type of signing that no one sees coming.

Coyle is a FA?

• Like (+1) 1