Case keenum the vet we bring in?

GoBills!

6 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Boy I want your special abilities to predict the future.

Many Mocks have Barkley going 1 and Cleveland going best QB available at 4.

If you get all of the sports channels..watch and listen to Drennan Live at 4pm.(SportsTimeOhio)-Ch662.He's the Sal C of Cleveland.

16 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Boy I want your special abilities to predict the future.

Many Mocks have Barkley going 1 and Cleveland going best QB available at 4.

Unless they don’t love a QB, that would be a mistake. QB’s play 12–15 years, RB’s half that. RB’s are often found in the third, with QB that happens much more infrequently. I love Barkley, but I’d lean toward QB unless you just aren’t convinced. 

2 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Last thing I want to do is listen to a Cleveland sport guy...

Last thing I would do is move to Cleveland.  :)

Edited by Augie

4 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

and they are always right? huh? LoL

Easy Tiger.No..I doubt anybody in the media is ever 75% spot on.However,some do have insiders...Drennan has a solid track record.

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Last thing I would do is move to Cleveland.  :)

But the Rock and Roll HOF makes for a cool visit.

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Easy Tiger.No..I doubt anybody in the media is ever 75% spot on.However,some do have insiders...Drennan has a solid track record.

But the Rock and Roll HOF makes for a cool visit.

I’d LOVE to visit, but just like a ski trip.... I want to know my trip home to somewhere warmer was booked. I’m old and spoiled. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, GoBills! said:

I'm worried his WRs made him look great but I think it's us, jets or cardinals. I think we look better than jets and the cards may be a better spot. But I rank him above foles. I'm not sold on a QB that will be available at 21 so I'd be happy loading up at LB, OL,DT WR to make this team better.

All the teams that are going to draft a QB in Rd 1 of this draft will also need a veteran QB to run the show for the first half of the season or may be even the entire season and then take a back seat for the next two years as the back up.   That includes the Jets, Broncos, Cardninals,  Cleveland, Minnesota, Bills.  The Browns have traded for TT to be that guy.  The rest have to pick between Bridgewater, Keenam, Bradford, Foles, Moore, McCown and may be even Osweiler.   So there is going to be competition for both the Veteran QB as well as the one to draft.  

53 minutes ago, par73 said:

Not interested in a journeyman one-hit wonder system guy, who will want a lot of money. Draft the future QB and sign a cheaper vet.

Cheap isn't a thing with QB unless they are rookies. Look at what Cutler got last year, the cheapest starter would be teddy but he is a major if, after that you have mccown and mccaron whom I not high on at all. Then you reach Bradford and keenum but they may give you the most wins or time to develop your rookie QB or pass if the price is too high, both can get you to the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, GoBills! said:

Cheap isn't a thing with QB unless they are rookies. Look at what Cutler got last year, the cheapest starter would be teddy but he is a major if, after that you have mccown and mccaron whom I not high on at all. Then you reach Bradford and keenum but they may give you the most wins or time to develop your rookie QB or pass if the price is too high, both can get you to the playoffs. 

Cutler was signed to be the starter. A QB will only develop correctly if he plays. 

Edited by Boca BIlls

I saw him play this year.  Solid arm and runs pretty good. He is durable and level headed. Made many clutch throws last season. Perfect bridge QB. He's got the intangibles that can't be coached. I think we should grab him.             

**Minnesota scout John reporting back to the hometown.**

18 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

It's funny how no one wants Foles but Case Keenum and his 1 good partial season, or Bradford who hasnt finished a seaso  without time on IR are better choices?

I don't want Foles because philly wants AT MINIMUM a 1st and 4th rounder for him.

That's why.

I don't really want Keenum either, unless it's literally on a 1-2 year deal with easy outs.

21 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I think it's pretty well known that the Bills offered a second for Foles. So they're willing to trade the pick for that player. Don't know what their thoughts are on the various FA QBs, but they obviously think more of Foles. 

I still don't like trading the picks we have at all for anything other than a trade up or a player in the draft. There are too many FA options available (I think). Not to sound like a rooster and at the risk of sounding argumentative, this is bullish time at its height, how was it well known we offered a #2? Other than INcarceratedBob?

On 3/10/2018 at 3:19 PM, GoBills! said:

I'm worried his WRs made him look great but I think it's us, jets or cardinals. I think we look better than jets and the cards may be a better spot. But I rank him above foles. I'm not sold on a QB that will be available at 21 so I'd be happy loading up at LB, OL,DT WR to make this team better.

He’s Denver’s fallback option if they don’t get Cousins.

On 3/10/2018 at 3:19 PM, GoBills! said:

Why above Foles?

I think most people would rank Foles above Keenum (myself included), so just interested in a different take.