Another QB to consider

39 minutes ago, Bornafan66 said:

Do you remember the Herschel Walker trade. Cowboys gave up a great player they just didn't need, used that trade to build a team that beat the Bills in two super bowls. Indy has a bunch of holes to fill. 

Stop.

Franchise QB is the most important piece.

Luck is one of those.

This isn't the same.

You're also using a trade that is regarded as one of the worst in history as a comparison.

Just stop.

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

Stop.

Franchise QB is the most important piece.

Luck is one of those.

This isn't the same.

You're also using a trade that is regarded as one of the worst in history as a comparison.

Just stop.

Regarded as the worst for Minnesota. It made the Cowboys a dynasty. Big trades can and do happen. Why wouldn't a team like Indy that has nothing to loose, make a trade that could do the same thing? I'm not saying the Bills should give up the farm like Minnesota did. I'm saying they should explore the possibility and see if they can make it happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

That's a loss ass post, but the reasoning is close.  I'd love it. This depends on how Reich feels about Luck. He'd have to sell the GM and Owner that they need to rebuild and will do it with pick #3 plus the bounty they get for Luck.  It's not impossible, but stranger things have happened. Buffalo could use some good Luck. 

I'm excited to see how the FO plan pans out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bag of Milk said:

So many words.....

Let me simplify it for you then:

Eagles in cap prison

Reich was OC of SB winning Eagles - Foles won SB as MVP QB of Eagles

Reich named HC to Indy, Indy is a mess and in total rebuild mode, but has #3 pick in draft in a QB heavy draft. If only Frank Reich understood QBs.

Philly to Reich - "want a QB?, we spent too much, we were drunk signing Bennett, the QB is super cheap, only 7 mil a year", they said like a crack head selling stolen bottles of liquor for $10 outside your local 7-11"

Reich to Philly - "but I have Luck and #3, I'm fine, I told ESPN and Twitter"

Philly to Reich - "The QB is SB MVP, why not have a #3 and the SB MVP? Are you sure your other QB is 100% for your first year as a HC?"

"Would you rather have SB MVP and draft a QB at #3 to bring in fans, or test your Luck?"

Reich to Philly - "send me Foles, what do I owe you?"

Philly to Reich - "a second and 3rd, friendly discount and out of conference"

Reich to Philly - "That is a bit pricey, it's only Foles"

Philly to Reich - "That stupid McBean only offered me a 2nd, do a little better for me Frank, I can't give it away"

Reich to himself - "if only I knew of a team I like that needs a QB, especially one with a lot of draft picks in the first round to help me rebuild this team and free up cap space"

Reich to Buffalo - "I see you need a QB, we have Foles, the SB MVP,  and a future #3 pick QB now. Any interest in our decent but slightly banged up QB since we need to rebuild? He declined a bit previously, but is pretty good."

McBeane to Reich - "I suppose we could use a QB, though we are good with Peterman, and spending 4 picks to move up for a totally unknown quantity, or spend 100 million on an a slightly above avg QB. This is the genius of TBD. We do have some draft wiggle though."

Reich to McBeane - "I'll tell you what, #21 and #22, maybe a third too?"

McBeane to Reich - "21 & 22 or it's a no deal"

Reich to McBeane - "well it's a hard bargain, but ok. I'll roll with SB MVP, #3 pick QB, #21 and #22, dump 75 Million in salary and be called stupid on "Two Bills Drive" for it.

McBeane to Reich - "Thank goodness, we didn't really want to roll with Peterman, or those other options, and everyone knows TBD is a bunch of wankers anyway." "Trust the Process, Frank"

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Firstly, Luck is not available.  Secondly, if he is you know he's damaged goods.  

RocCity may be on to something. Some of these team doctors are quacks. Look at the Jordan Matthews situation. Also remember Drew Brees couldn't pass the Dolphins physical. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nucci said:

Too soon to consider trading for Luck. He hasn't throw a football without pain for a long time. There are still questions whether he will be healthy enough to play this coming season.

Exactly

That is the risk, and very reason it could be possible. Why would Frank Reich want to go into his first year as a HC with a banged up Luck when he could have Foles and a QB selected at #3? On top of that Indy could dump 75 million in cap, and get #21 an #22 from Buffalo to rebuild. if I'm in Indy this is a no brainer. Use the Philly and Bills connections to build now.

Indy could get Foles, a QB at #3, and #21 and #22

Phily gets out of 7 million  in cap trouble and gets Indy second rounder and maybe third

Bills could get a potential franchise QB if they are patient, and willing to struggle a year.

therefore strike a deal and buy while the value is low while using the Philly, Indy Bills connection

It's not rocket science

Edited by RocCityRoller

2 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

There have been threads on this before.

Luck isn't going anywhere if he's healthy.

Luck being on the block means they definitely don't trust his shoulder.

His arm was worse than Brees, whom Brees' own surgeon said was "miracle" he could even throw again, let alone at a high level.

Please lock this thread.

I can see you are an open minded lad with a lot to offer with deep analysis and counter points.

Just shut up anyone who doesn't agree with you or think differently.

I bet you have an awesome beard.

52 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Let me simplify it for you then:

Eagles in cap prison

Reich was OC of SB winning Eagles - Foles won SB as MVP QB of Eagles

Reich named HC to Indy, Indy is a mess and in total rebuild mode, but has #3 pick in draft in a QB heavy draft. If only Frank Reich understood QBs.

Philly to Reich - "want a QB?, we spent too much, we were drunk signing Bennett, the QB is super cheap, only 7 mil a year", they said like a crack head selling stolen bottles of liquor for $10 outside your local 7-11"

Reich to Philly - "but I have Luck and #3, I'm fine, I told ESPN and Twitter"

Philly to Reich - "The QB is SB MVP, why not have a #3 and the SB MVP? Are you sure your other QB is 100% for your first year as a HC?"

"Would you rather have SB MVP and draft a QB at #3 to bring in fans, or test your Luck?"

Reich to Philly - "send me Foles, what do I owe you?"

Philly to Reich - "a second and 3rd, friendly discount and out of conference"

Reich to Philly - "That is a bit pricey, it's only Foles"

Philly to Reich - "That stupid McBean only offered me a 2nd, do a little better for me Frank, I can't give it away"

Reich to himself - "if only I knew of a team I like that needs a QB, especially one with a lot of draft picks in the first round to help me rebuild this team and free up cap space"

Reich to Buffalo - "I see you need a QB, we have Foles, the SB MVP,  and a future #3 pick QB now. Any interest in our decent but slightly banged up QB since we need to rebuild? He declined a bit previously, but is pretty good."

McBeane to Reich - "I suppose we could use a QB, though we are good with Peterman, and spending 4 picks to move up for a totally unknown quantity, or spend 100 million on an a slightly above avg QB. This is the genius of TBD. We do have some draft wiggle though."

Reich to McBeane - "I'll tell you what, #21 and #22, maybe a third too?"

McBeane to Reich - "21 & 22 or it's a no deal"

Reich to McBeane - "well it's a hard bargain, but ok. I'll roll with SB MVP, #3 pick QB, #21 and #22, dump 75 Million in salary and be called stupid on "Two Bills Drive" for it.

McBeane to Reich - "Thank goodness, we didn't really want to roll with Peterman, or those other options, and everyone knows TBD is a bunch of wankers anyway." "Trust the Process, Frank"

This might be news to you, but Frank Reich is not the GM or the main decision maker in Indy.
In reeality he is an afterthought as their head coach Though,. I think he will be a very good one.

Ballard is their GM and Jim Irsay the Colts  is heavily involved in all football matters.

Reich will not be making any decision on keeping or trading Andrew Luck.

2 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

I can see you are an open minded lad with a lot to offer with deep analysis and counter points.

Just shut up anyone who doesn't agree with you or think differently.

I bet you have an awesome beard.

This was hashed out in about 3 different threads.

You and bornafan are either completely new to the board, or alt accounts trying to pretend you are new people.

I'm not trying to shut up anybody who doesn't agree with me or thinks differently.

I'm stating a fact that there is at least 2-3 other threads regarding Luck, so this isn't a new idea.

Andrew Luck hasn't thrown a football without pain for well over a year now.

His shoulder was a complete mess.

There are questions as to whether he can even play again, let alone at a high level.

If he is perfectly healthy, the Colts aren't giving him up.

If they don't believe he is healthy, then why would you want to take that risk?

The Saints took a HUGE risk with Brees, and it paid off.

There are plenty of other tales of players coming back from injury, who teams took risks on, who never panned out.

Drew Brees' shoulder, was stated by his OWN SURGEON, to be a miracle that he was able to even play again, let alone at an elite level.

The fact that he was BETTER than before his injury is beyond a miracle.

The fact that his contract was also up, AND that the Chargers had Rivers behind him waiting, meant that his time in SD was up, even if he was healthy.

Luck isn't a free agent.

Luck isn't sitting on a franchise transition tag that can be scooped up by another team.

Luck will require massive capital to pry from the Colts, because even if he isn't healthy, they want to get as much for him as they can.

Explain to me how he can pass a team physical for a suitor if he can't even throw the football currently?

Exactly.

He cannot.

Like I said, if he's healthy, the Colts aren't trading him, even for a King's Ransom.

If he isn't healthy (which he is not currently) then there's no reason to trade for him.

You're right, this isn't rocket science, it's a complete no brainer.

Andrew Luck is either not available, or a massive risk. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

This was hashed out in about 3 different threads.

You and bornafan are either completely new to the board, or alt accounts trying to pretend you are new people.

I'm not trying to shut up anybody who doesn't agree with me or thinks differently.

I'm stating a fact that there is at least 2-3 other threads regarding Luck, so this isn't a new idea.

Andrew Luck hasn't thrown a football without pain for well over a year now.

His shoulder was a complete mess.

There are questions as to whether he can even play again, let alone at a high level.

If he is perfectly healthy, the Colts aren't giving him up.

If they don't believe he is healthy, then why would you want to take that risk?

The Saints took a HUGE risk with Brees, and it paid off.

There are plenty of other tales of players coming back from injury, who teams took risks on, who never panned out.

Drew Brees' shoulder, was stated by his OWN SURGEON, to be a miracle that he was able to even play again, let alone at an elite level.

The fact that he was BETTER than before his injury is beyond a miracle.

The fact that his contract was also up, AND that the Chargers had Rivers behind him waiting, meant that his time in SD was up, even if he was healthy.

Luck isn't a free agent.

Luck isn't sitting on a franchise transition tag that can be scooped up by another team.

Luck will require massive capital to pry from the Colts, because even if he isn't healthy, they want to get as much for him as they can.

Explain to me how he can pass a team physical for a suitor if he can't even throw the football currently?

Exactly.

He cannot.

Like I said, if he's healthy, the Colts aren't trading him, even for a King's Ransom.

If he isn't healthy (which he is not currently) then there's no reason to trade for him.

You're right, this isn't rocket science, it's a complete no brainer.

Andrew Luck is either not available, or a massive risk. 

I tip my hat  to you, sincerely. I called you out personally before because of the original response to my thread. It came across as snarky, belligerent, and without thought.

I am new here, making friends quickly. <ok not really>

I saw a lot of Cousins/ Keenum/ xyz threads but nothing on Luck. I didn't go back into the archives. I lost years on Tyrod Taylor posts alone.

You did post a well argued and reasoned post as to why you do not like the thought of trading for Luck above. I even repped you for it. I may disagree with you, but if you take some time to hold a dialectic I will respect it and think it over. Why didn't you just do that the first time? The crux of your argument was medical.

Anyway, it's funny because some people seem to think I am a complete idiot for even thinking a trade for Luck is possible.  Luck is the Indianapolis franchise and such a thought is dumb, I like to call these 'my first 20 responses on TBD'.

Some even guessed I must be a crack head to suggest such a thing.  (No, I am a drunk thank you very much, see above)

Some have said anything is possible, but not likely, referring to the Herschel Walker trade, and noting other moves for franchises to get 'damaged' QBs.

I may point to Buffalo drafting Willis McGahee and sitting him for a full year, knowing he wouldn't be ready for a year, when they needed a QB. He sucked as a QB by the way. Heck I remember Oakland QB Jim Plunkett and his injury meaning he was washed up in the 70's, but what do I know? I think he won a Super Bowl, but sucked at RB. I'd like to bring up the Ricky Williams draft too, everyone knew he was a pot head, and that was a decision made by 'a respected member of the NFL brain trust.'

Lastly, we have the reports of major medical damage. I don't have a medical degree like a lot of people here do. I had no idea so many doctors were on this message board before, but I do know that if I were Indy, sitting at #3 in the deepest QB draft since 1983, with an inside connection to Philly and the Super Bowl MVP, and knowing Luck was done,  I'd try to dump Luck ASAP, and get the most out of him I could and stop paying him. Even a fellow drunk like Jim Irsay could figure that out. I'd pull in Foles since Philly is in cap trouble, draft a QB at 3, and take the idiotically proposed Buffalo first round pics to do the trifecta with a "Herschel Walker' style trade. If correct, Jim Irsay could get drunk and snort coke off of Bolivian hookers @sses for years. Call me kookie, though it cancels out the first two thirds of this thread. Two 1st round pics for this heap?!?! YEAH!!! Let's do it!!

So with your medical diagnosis I spoke the truth from an Indy perspective, or is it simply a crap shoot?

I relied on the horrible media like below, I apologize:

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/16/indianapolis-colts-andrew-luck-recovery-exceptionally-well/

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000912153/article/colts-andrew-luck-regaining-strength-close-to-throwing

One of those reports noted Luck's 'treatments' in the Netherlands, a bunch of sex crazed pot heads. I guess he should be Denver's QB. Then again only for 8 games unless they have away games in California and maybe Massachusetts. Imagine a millionaire going to overseas for medical treatments? What a loser.

https://www.omicsonline.org/conferences-list/medical-tourism-and-public-health

Luck is as much a risk now as any rookie QB, because of the medical issue with his shoulder, but he has delivered 4700 yds and 40+ TDs in a season in the NFL.

Meanwhile, the cost for Buffalo to move into the 6 or 7 spot is their 21 and 22. That assumes Buffalo likes a QB available at 6 or 7, and they can find a partner to trade with. Going 1-5 will be 3-4 picks.

I'd rather roll with a guy who has proved it, than one that hasn't. Call me a riverboat gambler.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 1