Cleveland can shake up the draft

Free Agency Sweepstakes:

Cousins goes to the Minnesota Vikings, but I hope the Jets land him. 

If I were Cleveland I would use free agency to fill in holes and use the draft to get longterm stars. They could turn this nightmare around in 1 year. This includes a mentor for Darnold (like Sam Bradford).

At #1 I have a very bold prediction... I believe that Cleveland takes Saquon Barkley at #1 to make sure to get their guy and shake up the draft.

At #2 The Giants lose their guy and trade out of #2 with Cleveland. Cleveland trades their #4 overall, #33 and #65 to draft Sam Darnold. 

At #3 Indy is open for business! It is down to the Broncos and Jets as the Colts do not want to move out of the top 6. Josh Rosen will be selected here.

At #4 The Giants will look to trade down once again and this is where Buffalo goes for Josh Allen (I am not a big fan of him, but he can throw in any weather and he is a country boy, not some beach dude) where he will sit behind Tyrod Taylor for 6-10 weeks. The cost will be #21, #53 and #56 plus Cordy Glen or a conditional 2019 pick if he fails his physical. Eli needs Offensive Line help badly!

Bills Needs: QB, DT, LB, OG, DE, WR, RB, DB

#4 Josh Allen

#22 will be traded to acquire picks to grab a DT and LB in rounds 2 and 3 giving us a pick in every round. 

The Cardinals will swap picks with Philly in trade for Nick Foles and they will draft another QB later.

Note: The Eagles have to trade Nick Foles to save cap money and cut 2-3 players expecting to get a #1 in the this years draft and a #3 next year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000919976/article/seahawks-trading-de-michael-bennett-to-eagles

Yes, the Browns are sitting in THE position of power in this draft.  I strongly believe that they may go from 0-16 to 8-8 this year.

They already have some very good defensive talent and are not devoid of talent on offense.  If they nab Saquon Barkley and, say Mayfield in the first, they then get the 1st and 3rd pick of the 2nd round with another 2nd later.

If they make good on those selections, they can be contenders for a long time.

• Like (+1) 1

Oh I totally agree. I think Allen is such a high risk, however I think we will end up in the top 5 costing us a ton, unless... Beane is willing to move up on the QB that drops out of the top of the draft. 1-2 QBs will drop for sure and 1 may even last until 15 with Arizona's pick if Denver or the Jets land Cousins. If Aaron Rogers and others can drop, then someone like Mayfield and/or Allen may. I think that if the price is right and we can make some good moves. Allen is a top 10 talent and I would take him over Bortles and I think he was drafted at 3, LOL! Our Key move is what happens with Cordy Glen. If this guy is healthy and I think he will be, because I believe that he was pulling a Sammy Watkins late in the season with his foot after losing his job and doesn't want to play in Buffalo anymore. Remember when we traded Jason Peter's for a late #1 to the Eagles, because of a thin draft and free agency class? What if Joe Thomas retires for example. Cleveland will be desperate for a LT to protect their knew QB. I would take their #33 pick in a heartbeat. 

This leads me to a question back to you. Chances are that we do not get either of the top two prospects at QB and have to look at the other two. I see Rosen and Darnold gone in the top 3 picks. That leave Baker Mayfield (short dickhead that wins) and Josh Allen (a inaccurate wild stallion), both with a ton of risk. Any late pick has bust written all over it, so that leaves us with Nathan Peterman as the future and another year of Tyrod running for his life holding onto the ball. Lamar and the gang are all longterm guys that need to sit behind a soon to retire stud, not Tyrod.

19 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Yes, the Browns are sitting in THE position of power in this draft.  I strongly believe that they may go from 0-16 to 8-8 this year.

They already have some very good defensive talent and are not devoid of talent on offense.  If they nab Saquon Barkley and, say Mayfield in the first, they then get the 1st and 3rd pick of the 2nd round with another 2nd later.

If they make good on those selections, they can be contenders for a long time.

17 hours ago, Clemfield2622 said:

I absolutely believe before all is said and done, the Browns will pick 1 and 2

Agree with both posts. 

To go up to pick 4 is going to command at the very least both 21 and 22 plus 53. Glenn is not going to the Giants unless it is as a throw in. Glenn is a injury prone player on a massive deal, as good as he can be that's a big contract to take a chance on. I would also suspect that the Giants would also want a pick in 2019, more than likely at least the Bills 2nd if not the first if another team wants that pick too. 

This would be a pretty solid strategy for the Giants they could come away with a haul of picks.