Billy Price Undergoes Surgery on His Torn Pec

18 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Price still fits that mold. He doesn’t need the whole offseason. He started more games than any player in OSU history (at least I’m pretty sure).  Price isn’t a raw rookie. He can roll in starting in August and man a starting spot for he next decade. I wouldn’t use one of the 1st 2 picks on him but 53 or 56 without blinking.

Respectfully Kirby I don't think he fits that mold, because I am not just going to make the assumption that because surgery went ok that everything is hunky-dory with this guy and we'll see you come preseason.  I blink because if there are complications he is either not playing this year or he doesn't end up with a career.  

The thing that you are saying is OK is the thing that I'm saying I don't want to risk.  If this front office values picks so much (especially the ones that are expected to produce right away as starters and regular contributors) I don't want them making decisions in the "hopes" or "all indications are" that this guy "should" be alright come the fall...all the while making this decision in 50 or so days...EDIT...when the other thread dealing with his injury let us know that he isn't even really going to be able to physically stress test that pec until after the draft.

#1A, #1B, #2A, #2B I virtually want to pencil in as starters.  I'll take him in the 3rd, but even there I am a little uncomfortable...but I respect you and want to make you happy.

:D;)

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

After my surgery I couldn't even support myself leaning against a wall. He thinks he's going to play football this summer? Best of luck to him. You can't regain your strength that quickly. You are basically starting over from scratch strength-wise and it takes a lot of physical therapy to get your range of motion back. He will struggle year 1. Maybe he makes it back but he's probably not going all out in drills for a while. I have heard HGH has healing properties for this sort if injury so hopefully he doesn't get drug tested if he is able to make it back for camp because that would be suspicious.

2 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

After my surgery I couldn't even support myself leaning against a wall. He thinks he's going to play football this summer? Best of luck to him. You can't regain your strength that quickly. You are basically starting over from scratch strength-wise and it takes a lot of physical therapy to get your range of motion back. He will struggle year 1. Maybe he makes it back but he's probably not going all out in drills for a while. I have heard HGH has healing properties for this sort if injury so hopefully he doesn't get drug tested if he is able to make it back for camp because that would be suspicious.

so don't get caught? :)  

Was yours a partial or all out tear?

Edited by snamsnoops
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, snamsnoops said:

so don't get caught? :)  

That's right! I think they only test you once a year if I'm not mistaken. Maybe since they tested him at the combine he's all set

2 minutes ago, snamsnoops said:

Was yours a partial or all out tear?

Looked like full tear on MRI and they opened it up and it was partial but they weren't able to fix anything because it was still mostly attached. But just the process or cutting you open and poking around in there does a lot of damage and you are hurting like a mofo for a while. So a little bit different than this injury. The goal of his surgery will probably be to reinforce the tendon to the bone with a screw and then also clean up any scar tissue.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

That's right! I think they only test you once a year if I'm not mistaken. Maybe since they tested him at the combine he's all set

Looked like full tear on MRI and they opened it up and it was partial but they weren't able to fix anything because it was still mostly attached. But just the process or cutting you open and poking around in there does a lot of damage and you are hurting like a mofo for a while. So a little bit different than this injury. The goal of his surgery will probably be to reinforce the tendon to the bone with a screw and then also clean up any scar tissue.

Sounds like a good time!

I think he drops to Round 3, maybe even 4. 

There's no guarantee he regains 100% strength in the torn pec, ever. On top of that, it's really doubtful he'd be able to play this year. Of course he says he'll be ready for camp, he just lost millions of dollars with this injury and is doing damage control. I'd be OK with the risk with our 3rd rounder, but no more than that.

15 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Respectfully Kirby I don't think he fits that mold, because I am not just going to make the assumption that because surgery went ok that everything is hunky-dory with this guy and we'll see you come preseason.  I blink because if there are complications he is either not playing this year or he doesn't end up with a career.  

The thing that you are saying is OK is the thing that I'm saying I don't want to risk.  If this front office values picks so much (especially the ones that are expected to produce right away as starters and regular contributors) I don't want them making decisions in the "hopes" or "all indications are" that this guy "should" be alright come the fall...all the while making this decision in 50 or so days...EDIT...when the other thread dealing with his injury let us know that he isn't even really going to be able to physically stress test that pec until after the draft.

#1A, #1B, #2A, #2B I virtually want to pencil in as starters.  I'll take him in the 3rd, but even there I am a little uncomfortable...but I respect you and want to make you happy.

:D;)

It’s a pretty basic surgery though. It was just a mild tear. I’d have no problem taking a recovering Price over just about any OL in this draft. He’s a guy that I have seen and followed for his entire career. He’s the EXACT type of guy that McDermott loves. Without the injury he may be the player in the draft most ready to start day 1 (even including Barkley). I’m not saying that he has that upside but he’s a guy that is ready. He’s a guy that would have walked into the first OTA and manned a spot on the interior that he would have kept until his contract expired. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Price still fits that mold. He doesn’t need the whole offseason. He started more games than any player in OSU history (at least I’m pretty sure).  Price isn’t a raw rookie. He can roll in starting in August and man a starting spot for he next decade. I wouldn’t use one of the 1st 2 picks on him but 53 or 56 without blinking.

Yep.   Price is the kind of OL pick the Bills have NOT done enough of over the years.    He's a prototypical Steeler plug-n-play 10-year starter.   Pittsburgh always seems to draft guys like this in the second round range that everyone else eventually wishes they took... 

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Yep.   Price is the kind of OL pick the Bills have NOT done enough of over the years.    He's a prototypical Steeler plug-n-play 10-year starter.   Pittsburgh always seems to draft guys like this in the second round range that everyone else eventually wishes they took... 

The Steelers have a franchise QB.  The Bills don't.

3 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

You're the one that doesn't want to trade up for one! 

On the contrary, I'm warming up to it.  If they love one of the top 4 QBs and given that they have draft capital, then they should go for it and not hope that whoever's left at 21, 22 and in the 2nd will turn into the next Brady.