If Browns pick Barkley #1...

TPS

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

The Browns are guaranteed one of the top 3 QBs. 

They're not guaranteed Barkley, and probably won't get him unless they pick him #1 overall.

If the Browns walk away with Barkley and Mayfield, with Josh Gordon back healthy, they could be pretty good next year if they invest all their remaining picks on the defense. 

The Browns can get a QB in FA (Cousins or AJ), draft the RB out of Penn State, not have to give up any of their draft picks and they can work the rest of the draft filling their roster out with good defensive players and they could be pretty good next year. 

2 minutes ago, Yav said:

The Browns can get a QB in FA (Cousins or AJ), draft the RB out of Penn State, not have to give up any of their draft picks and they can work the rest of the draft filling their roster out with good defensive players and they could be pretty good next year. 

But they ARE the browns and IMO are more likely then not to find a way to screw this up.

3 minutes ago, Yav said:

That's what I'd do.

If I'm the Browns, I sign Cousins, draft Barkley 1st overall and Nelson #4th overall, and use the rest of my picks on the defense. 

18 hours ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

Barkley is a beast, kind of reminds me of Bo Jackson.  Yea, that's right, I said it, "Bo Jackson".

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!!

1_vnfNKTIqGMZ7RfL6LtsIDQ.0.jpeg

Seems like no matter what the Browns end up doing they're in a great spot with #1 and #4.  This draft is going to be a fun one to watch...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Yav said:

You can't be serious? There is a HUGE difference in this class and that class that produced, Kelly, Marino and Ellway. 

The younger QBs coming out of college all have some questions.

You misunderstand the analogy. I’m not comparing them to those 3. If you had picks 1 and 4, and you had Jim brown and Kelly, Marino, and Elway available, who would you choose? 

Edited by TPS

53 minutes ago, TPS said:

You misunderstand the analogy. I’m not comparing them to those 3. If you had picks 1 and 4, and you had Jim brown and Kelly, Marino, and Elway available, who would you choose? 

I'd take Jim Brown and then one of the QB...but again, it seems like you're comparing some just eh' QBs to three hall of famers. If I'm the Browns I'm getting my QB in FA and then I'm taking the RB with the first pick then I'm spending my entire draft on defense. 

29 minutes ago, Yav said:

I'd take Jim Brown and then one of the QB...but again, it seems like you're comparing some just eh' QBs to three hall of famers. If I'm the Browns I'm getting my QB in FA and then I'm taking the RB with the first pick then I'm spending my entire draft on defense. 

No, it’s the situation. Rosen, Darnold, Allen, and Mayfield are viewed as potential franchise QBs, not HoFers, but legitimate starters. Some would throw in Jackson. There is no consensus on the order. There is a consensus on who the best player in the draft is.

The Browns will not get Cousins. There is no one else in FA who is as good as the top 4 rooks. 

On 3/5/2018 at 3:31 PM, TPS said:

If this happens, the I'd say it's almost certain the Bills would make a play for indy's pick #3.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000919463/article/browns-could-select-rb-saquon-barkley-no-1-overall

TPS, based on the title of your post only, I thought I´d find another ¨ I am done with the Bills¨...sort of post!  :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, BuffaLoko said:

TPS, based on the title of your post only, I thought I´d find another ¨ I am done with the Bills¨...sort of post!  :rolleyes:

The only thing that would make me say that is if they brought back Rex...

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, TPS said:

No, it’s the situation. Rosen, Darnold, Allen, and Mayfield are viewed as potential franchise QBs, not HoFers, but legitimate starters. Some would throw in Jackson. There is no consensus on the order. There is a consensus on who the best player in the draft is.

The Browns will not get Cousins. There is no one else in FA who is as good as the top 4 rooks. 

I understand what you're saying. I just disagree that Rosen, Darnold, Allen and Mayfield are potential franchise QBs for the Browns and I don't think any of them are worth the risk as a high draft pick. The California QBs are too much of a risk for cold weather teams IMO and with the track record the Browns have they would be better off going after AJ or Cousins in FA. 

When it comes to the Bills, I really don't think any of these QB is the answer. I'm just not overly impressed. Seems like you use to be able to draft a QB and he was capable of running a pro offense, now a days you draft a QB and you have to design an offense around him, locking you into a certain skill set at QB. With the Bills thy have so many needs and missing the playoffs for 17 years in a row took its toll on the team and fan base. They can't go backwards this year and miss the playoffs again by throwing away a lot of draft picks and players to get a QB that might be good. Just seems like a very big risk. 

Don't get me wrong, I'll support the team and I would love for them to land a QB that can throw over the middle and anticipate a WR open, I just don't think that guy is in this draft. Maybe he is, but is it worth the risk? 

10 minutes ago, Yav said:

I understand what you're saying. I just disagree that Rosen, Darnold, Allen and Mayfield are potential franchise QBs for the Browns and I don't think any of them are worth the risk as a high draft pick. The California QBs are too much of a risk for cold weather teams IMO and with the track record the Browns have they would be better off going after AJ or Cousins in FA. 

When it comes to the Bills, I really don't think any of these QB is the answer. I'm just not overly impressed. Seems like you use to be able to draft a QB and he was capable of running a pro offense, now a days you draft a QB and you have to design an offense around him, locking you into a certain skill set at QB. With the Bills thy have so many needs and missing the playoffs for 17 years in a row took its toll on the team and fan base. They can't go backwards this year and miss the playoffs again by throwing away a lot of draft picks and players to get a QB that might be good. Just seems like a very big risk. 

Don't get me wrong, I'll support the team and I would love for them to land a QB that can throw over the middle and anticipate a WR open, I just don't think that guy is in this draft. Maybe he is, but is it worth the risk? 

FWIW, Beane has come out and said on a few occasions that the Bills are NOT going to Draft a QB based on a specific Offense. They will Draft a QB based on who they believe is the best QB period, not scheme specific. Beane said Offenses change frequently and Coordinators and Coaches take opportunities elsewhere and the QB needs to be able to play in various systems....

22 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

Indy wants Chubb so I don't see them moving off 3 if he's there.

This is what bothers me about this draft.  I think teams that are possible trading partners with us LOVE certain guys and don't want to give up the spot.

Whether true or just playing us, if we want to move up it is going to cost us probably more than we think this year.

...more and more I am thinking we may stay put and take the second tier of QBs.

18 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

FWIW, Beane has come out and said on a few occasions that the Bills are NOT going to Draft a QB based on a specific Offense. They will Draft a QB based on who they believe is the best QB period, not scheme specific. Beane said Offenses change frequently and Coordinators and Coaches take opportunities elsewhere and the QB needs to be able to play in various systems....

Yea, and that's a very good thing but also why I'm not sold on moving up to draft one of these QBs.

On 3/5/2018 at 5:49 PM, MrEpsYtown said:

I still think Denver trades up to 1 for Allen, Bills trade up to 2 for Rosen, Colts pick Chubb, Brownies get Barkley and Darnold/Mayfield at 4/5. 

So you think Elway does crack? 

Edit: wait you’re right... he probably sees himself

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

So you think Elway does crack? 

Probably yeah. Most of these people do tons of drugs actually. I do think that when the dust settles Allen goes number 1. It could be the Browns or somebody trading up. I don't think he is the best player in the draft. I think Elway wants a quarterback that most reminds him of himself, that would be Allen and his 80 yard bombs in my opinion. 

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

Probably yeah. Most of these people do tons of drugs actually. I do think that when the dust settles Allen goes number 1. It could be the Browns or somebody trading up. I don't think he is the best player in the draft. I think Elway wants a quarterback that most reminds him of himself, that would be Allen and his 80 yard bombs in my opinion. 

Ha see my edit.  You swayed me to your line of thinking before you even argued the ego point. 

• Like (+1) 1