Zach Brown?

They made him some offers after 2016 but he's grossly overvaluing himself and he's put some not so good things on film for coaches to see. Back half of 2016 the dude dialed it way down and played for self preservation. He wasn't flying all over the field like he was to start the season and by the end of the year he felt like an afterthought. Decent player. Is he in the same tier as Kuechly, Wagner or Ogletree... not even close. 

I suspect McD took one look at the game tapes from the final few games of the ‘16 season and told Whaley don’t bother. You can’t hide the kind of quit that going into self-preservation mode exposes. Can’t see Z Brown being a McD kind of player.

• Like (+1) 1

Brown is  not going to get top 3 ILB $$$ from anyone. He overvalued himself last year and had to settle for a 1 year 2.3 mill contract. He may be able to get 5-7 mill from a desperate team, tops. It surely won't be Buffalo. 

The NFL can be a game of such small margins between success and failure, that any lack of effort, at any stage in a game, can cost you said game.

Unfortunately, for all Zach Brown wants to get paid, there's enough tape around of him not making a full effort, for teams to be ptsl behind his back.

Talent will get you in the door, but talent without commitment, will get you shown it, pdq afterwards.

1 hour ago, Buddo said:

The NFL can be a game of such small margins between success and failure, that any lack of effort, at any stage in a game, can cost you said game.

Unfortunately, for all Zach Brown wants to get paid, there's enough tape around of him not making a full effort, for teams to be ptsl behind his back.

Talent will get you in the door, but talent without commitment, will get you shown it, pdq afterwards.

Huh???

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

I suspect McD took one look at the game tapes from the final few games of the ‘16 season and told Whaley don’t bother. You can’t hide the kind of quit that going into self-preservation mode exposes. Can’t see Z Brown being a McD kind of player.

Pittsburgh came to mind, specifically. 

I tell ya, Zach Brown has gotta be one of the 10 most underrated guys in this league. Did good in Tennessee. Very good in a 34 on a dysfunctional defense in Buffalo and outstanding last year for the Skins. He'd pop off the screen alot. 

He's way ahead of Preston Brown for example,yet it seems like he is severely undervalued in FA. I'd like him back. 

Just cause we didn't re sign him doesn't mean there wasn't interest

Edited by JerseyBills

1 hour ago, Buddo said:

pmsl has 'my self' as the middle words.

ptsl, has 'them selves' as the middle words.

Laughing being the last word, on both counts.

Thanks - dang!  Ya learn something new everyday!!!

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

I tell ya, Zach Brown has gotta be one of the 10 most underrated guys in this league. Did good in Tennessee. Very good in a 34 on a dysfunctional defense in Buffalo and outstanding last year for the Skins. He'd pop off the screen alot. 

He's way ahead of Preston Brown for example,yet it seems like he is severely undervalued in FA. I'd like him back. 

Just cause we didn't re sign him doesn't mean there wasn't interest

He's a good player no doubt. There must be something wrong with him personality wise. There has to be some intangible that coaches don't like or maybe he's just really dumb or a bad teamate. If his friend who was tweeting on his behalf last year is any indication of the company he keeps, then I could understand why people might stay away from him. 

Either that or he just wants too much money. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7510/zach-brown

the 28 year old wants top price

********************************************************************************************************

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports impending free agent ILB Zach Brown wants "top-three inside linebacker" money.
Luke Kuechly ($12.36 million), Bobby Wagner ($10.75 million), and Alec Ogletree ($10.5 million) are currently the league's three highest-paid inside linebackers. 28-year-old Brown has strung together back-to-back strong seasons with the Bills and Redskins and wants to cash in after settling for a one-year, $2.3 million deal last March. We doubt he gets the $10 million-plus annually he's seeking. Feb 28 - 11:34 AM
Source

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/35387/zach-brown-among-redskins-non-kirk-cousins-free-agent-decisions

He denied 7mil.

I say.. uh.. no he is not worth more then 7-8 mil and if he thinks he is worth the same as the likes of Luke Kuechly or Bobby Wagner then he has another thing coming..

but someone will say no.