Cost of Chicken Wings

Buffalo716

Barbill in its hey day had buy one get one Tuesday’s. That is long gone

Long branch saloon had .10cent draft PBR’s on Tuesday night in the early to mid 80’s

Edited by Helpmenow
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Barbill in its hey day had buy one get one Tuesday’s. That is long gone

Long branch saloon had .10cent draft PBR’s on Tuesday night in the early to mid 80’s

I'm sure you remember schmidts in a bottle and black label from canada? Those cheap beers would do a number on you..miss those days.

4 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

What I notice these days is the cost of a large pizza from a local pizza place.

It's like $18 or something?!  

It's funny, but when I think of ordering a pizza from my youth, I think of it costing like $5.95.

and that is probably when a large was a large and not a medium.

:P

2 hours ago, swnybillsfan said:

i can remember our local grocery store having a "party deal", which was a sheet pizza along with a bucket of 50 wings for $29.99. now i think you may need a small loan and a cosigner for the same order. 

I just got this combo from Tim and Bonnie's in Springville last week for the girlfriends son's birthday party. 

W

T

F

?

1 minute ago, gomper said:

I just got this combo from Tim and Bonnie's in Springville last week for the girlfriends son's birthday party. 

W

T

F

?

yeah, this was a few years ago (15yrs?). this was our go-to for all our kids' birthday parties. the worst part is, as the prices went up, the quality seemingly kept going down. 

23 minutes ago, swnybillsfan said:

yeah, this was a few years ago (15yrs?). this was our go-to for all our kids' birthday parties. the worst part is, as the prices went up, the quality seemingly kept going down. 

Couldn't agree more. Wings were decent but the pizza had way too much dough that just killed it. Never again. 

3 hours ago, gomper said:

Couldn't agree more. Wings were decent but the pizza had way too much dough that just killed it. Never again. 

the place we always went to was our hometown grocery store, which, way back when, had an amazing deli/bakery. great donuts. fantastic fresh baked cookies and rolls. and wonderful subs. not to mention the pizza and wings, and at one point, the best fish fry in town. i still find myself yearning for some of the old favorites. 

Just now, swnybillsfan said:

the place we always went to was our hometown grocery store, which, way back when, had an amazing deli/bakery. great donuts. fantastic fresh baked cookies and rolls. and wonderful subs. not to mention the pizza and wings, and at one point, the best fish fry in town. i still find myself yearning for some of the old favorites. 

What grocery store was this?

1 hour ago, FappyTheClown said:

Wings are for fatties.

Hey! I had wings for lunch! A small order is 6, but I had 2 left over.

Like Bloddy Mary’s, wings are great in moderation. I can’t do the volume thing. I went to the same place I took a friend from Florida when he was visiting. We each had a slice and wanted a few wings too. I said 10 was good, since I only wanted a couple. He said he’d like leftovers, so we got 20. I had my two, and there were no leftovers. I’m not shocked that he’s gained 50 pounds since I moved away. 

Just now, Augie said:

Like Bloddy Mary’s, wings are great in moderation. I can’t do the volume thing. I went to the same place I took a friend from Florida when he was visiting. We each had a slice and wanted a few wings too. I said 10 was good, since I only wanted a couple. He said he’d like leftovers, so we got 20. I had my two, and there were no leftovers. I’m not shocked that he’s gained 50 pounds since I moved away. 

I grab a couple from the food bar at Wegmans once and awhile. But only one or two.

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

How were they Augie?