Speaking of wanting to shoot people

\GoBillsInDallas/

30 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

The human species is greatly overrated.

“For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.”

― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, mead107 said:

So on March 1st Switzerland bands putting live lobsters into boiling water. 

They consider it in humane

I don't have a Ph.D in marine biology and have never done any in-depth research on crustacean neurology, but I am pretty sure it is generally agreed that putting a lobster head first into boiling water is a very human way of killing it almost instantly.

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I personally think the title of this thread absolutely sucks and isn’t funny. Lock her up, make her do community service for 10,000 hours...but this title rubs me the wrong way. No offense. 

Yep.  The timing sucks pretty badly.

7 hours ago, mead107 said:

So on March 1st Switzerland bands putting live lobsters into boiling water. 

They consider it in humane

A quick google search on inhumane:

"without compassion for misery or suffering; cruel."

And then I read this:

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I don't have a Ph.D in marine biology and have never done any in-depth research on crustacean neurology, but I am pretty sure it is generally agreed that putting a lobster head first into boiling water is a very human way of killing it almost instantly.

Intrigued, I came across this USA Today article:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/02/16/new-swiss-law-pain-free-deaths-lobsters-flushing-goldfish-down-toilet-breaking-law-according-new-swi/341412002/

"The first such national legislation of its kind in the world calls for a more humane death for lobsters: “rendering them unconscious” before plunging them into scalding water. Two methods are recommended: electrocution or sedating the lobster by dipping it into saltwater and then thrusting a knife into its brain."

Before I can develop an informed opinion on this topic i think I need to delve further into the deleterious short term effects of electrocution and Walking Dead type executions on these tasty crustaceans.

Life must be pretty good in Switzerland if this is what keeps their lawmakers occupied.