Active shooter at Florida high school

Just now, westside said:

What bothers me is you pretend to give a **** about those kids. 

I must be faking it, right? There's no way I could actually feel intense rage that we still have to deal with school shootings in this country, right?

I can tell that it really gets to you that other people have an ounce of compassion in them while you were born soulless and cruel.

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

If that is what you want then kudos to you. Now instead of supporting the action taken by the kids that is way off target, then why don't you support something that will actually help solve the problem rather than some leftist political goals? Why was this latest shooting not prevented?

I want to stay on this, and not gloss over it.  What action was way off target? A peaceful protest? That's as fundamental a right as the second amendment, is it not?

As for prevention, man that's tough, and certainly not something I can try to chip away at in between work.  I certainly don't think arming the teachers would do anything positive if that's where you're headed.  Gun homicide rates are 25.3 times higher in the US than in other high-income countries.  Our numbers are much closer to third world countries where we often mock their lack of safety.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, fridge said:

I must be faking it, right? There's no way I could actually feel intense rage that we still have to deal with school shootings in this country, right?

I can tell that it really gets to you that other people have an ounce of compassion in them while you were born soulless and cruel.

I believe you when you claim compassion and rage over school shootings. The question at hand is how does it get solved? The conversation needs to be led away from the Lefts long term agenda goals that they are making these kids complicit in, and towards actually solving the problem. This issue does not need to be hijacked by a political goal or political party.

12 minutes ago, fridge said:

I want to stay on this, and not gloss over it.  What action was way off target? A peaceful protest? That's as fundamental a right as the second amendment, is it not?

As for prevention, man that's tough, and certainly not something I can try to chip away at in between work.  I certainly don't think arming the teachers would do anything positive if that's where you're headed.  Gun homicide rates are 25.3 times higher in the US than in other high-income countries.  Our numbers are much closer to third world countries where we often mock their lack of safety.

A peaceful protest of what? A mentally ill kid who had shown signs dozens of times that he was a problem, was reported to the local police and the FBI and even was predicted to be a mass murderer didn't get help? One would think that they would be protesting that rather than being sucked into the Left's agenda of disarming the public and get out the (democrat) vote drives. These kids are just being used to further a political purpose. Remember, the Left needs school shootings to further their agenda. They need the talking shouting points.

29 minutes ago, fridge said:

All I want is to prevent senseless deaths. Guess that makes me a piece of ****.

I didn't say you were a piece of ****, I said David Hogg is a piece of ****.  I don't know what your stance on natural rights is, and I don't know if you presume yourself special enough that you'd advocate directly violating the rights of millions of people, and billions more not even born yet, as Hogg is.

My rights are not David Hogg's to surrender.

1 hour ago, Cugalabanza said:

It’s odd that some of the same people who were in such a hurry to champion freedom of speech when white supremacist groups were protesting now want so badly for these teenagers to shut up.

For the record and clarity - I have no problem with them, or anyone, exercising their right to protest and free speech. 

It just doesn't mean I don't get to voice my on concerns about their agenda, regardless of their age or circumstance. 

Pretty sure thats Tasker too. 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

For the record and clarity - I have no problem with them, or anyone, exercising their right to protest and free speech. 

It just doesn't mean I don't get to voice my on concerns about their agenda, regardless of their age or circumstance. 

Pretty sure thats Tasker too. 

11 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I didn't say you were a piece of ****, I said David Hogg is a piece of ****.

Pretty sure Tasker has a problem with Hogg's right to free speech. He's been railing against Hogg for no other reason than his speech.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, fridge said:

Ok? What’s your point? He did survive a school shooting. That’s a fact.

That doesn't make him any smarter or more informed or less immature than any other 17 year old (or however old he is).  He can be criticized just like any other 17 year old with a megaphone can.

53 minutes ago, fridge said:

All I want is to prevent senseless deaths. Guess that makes me a piece of ****.

So, what do you plan to do about it?

What can be changed?

Hashtags, marches, boohooing and wanting soon else to make adult decisions for these kids isn't going to work. Especially when a majority of teens are against the March for the lives statements.

It's abhorrent what these idiot kids are doing and they're 10% of the population.

The only option folks like you want is what former justice Stevens wants - repeal the 2nd.

19 minutes ago, garybusey said:

Pretty sure Tasker has a problem with Hogg's right to free speech. He's been railing against Hogg for no other reason than his speech.

Disagreeing with the content of someone's speech is not the same as being against their right to speak, you !@#$ing moron.

Just now, DC Tom said:

Disagreeing with the content of someone's speech is not the same as being against their right to speak, you !@#$ing moron.

If he disagreed with the content he would simply disagree with the content and not call him a piece of ****.

1 minute ago, garybusey said:

If he disagreed with the content he would simply disagree with the content and not call him a piece of ****.

Okay, stipulated...but still not an advocating an abridgement of free speech.  

We let you post here, for example, even though we think you're a piece of ****.  

13 minutes ago, garybusey said:

Well, that's an awfully dopey argument.

I fully endorse David Hogg's right to speech.  No where have I advocated for restricting his ability to do so.

What I have taken issue with, and am attacking, are his political agenda and his moral character for advocating an anti rights platform standing on a podium carefully constructed with the dead bodies of his classmates.

As an aside, David Hogg is advocating against his own right to free speech, though he may not even realize it.  He is making an attack on the fundamental philosophy of natural rights.  His argument is either that it is OK to violate the natural rights of others on pursuit of political goals; or that natural rights don't exist at all, and rather we simply enjoy privileges granted to us by our ruling class which can and should be suspended on the whims of the masses.  The rights philosophies which dictate the principals outlined in the Second Amendment are the exact same rights philosophies which dictate the principals outlined in the First Amendment, and you can't undercut one without undercutting the other.   

2 minutes ago, garybusey said:

This is another dopey argument.

It assumes that all opinions have equal merit by nature of being opinions, that no opinions are better or worse, and that advocating harmful opinions as political goals doesn't speak to a lack of moral character.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Okay, stipulated...but still not an advocating an abridgement of free speech.  

We let you post here, for example, even though we think you're a piece of ****.  

You're too easy. Hoggboy is a piece of **** with ****ty ideas.