Cardinals owner: We'll be aggressive in finding a QB

21 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Bills QBs for the Cardinals to pursue?

Or teams to which the Bills could trade Taylor?

Because then the answers would be, respectively, Peterman & Webb and why discuss other teams in a thread about the Cardinals QBs or lack thereof?

ANY QB for the Cards to pursue.   Cousins,  Keenum, Bridgewater etc  

The Bills trade TT is in a different thread.   

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

ANY QB for the Cards to pursue.   Cousins,  Keenum, Bridgewater etc  

The Bills trade TT is in a different thread.   

I'd agree if this were a Cardinals board. 

Given that it is a Bills board, I think talking about any thread topic in the context of how it might affect the Bills is more than reasonable. 

12 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Given that it is a Bills board, I think talking about any thread topic in the context of how it might affect the Bills is more than reasonable. 

This is a message board open to all and nost every subject (as long as  it is created in the proper area).   

The topic I created was to focus on the Cardinal owners pursuit of a QB, which could be a conflict if the Bills FO chooses to go after the same guy. 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

The Stadium Wall

Buffalo Bills Community. Discussing the Buffalo Bills and the NFL 24 hours a day since 1998!

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/14/2018 at 5:02 AM, grb said:

Funny how Taylor's intelligence was so much higher when the Bills had real NFL talent at wide receiver on the field :

The result whenever he had Woods and Watkins playing :  63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INTs

Wanna process that information? You can take your time.........

Those stats came from 15 games. 10 of those games were from his first year when teams hadn't yet figured out how to defense him.

And the five games from last year were against teams that ranked - I'm doing this from memories of a day or two ago so I may be off a spot or two but not by much - in defensive passer rating 14th, 15th, 17th, 30th and 31st. They were not good pass defences.

Edited by Thurman#1

3 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Those stats came from 15 games. 10 of those games were from his first year when teams hadn't yet figured out how to defense him.

And the five games from last year were against teams that ranked - I'm doing this from memories of a day or two ago so I may be off a spot or two but not by much - in defensive passer rating 14th, 15th, 17th, 30th and 31st. They were not good pass defences.

Which is why after his best season Roman was fired, as well as the two subsequent OC's after.     If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck it must be a duck.  

23 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

This is a message board open to all and nost every subject (as long as  it is created in the proper area).   

The topic I created was to focus on the Cardinal owners pursuit of a QB, which could be a conflict if the Bills FO chooses to go after the same guy. 

18 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

The Stadium Wall

Buffalo Bills Community. Discussing the Buffalo Bills and the NFL 24 hours a day since 1998!

I'm gonna hang it up after this post, but:

(1) if the Cardinals pursue a QB, it could very well be Taylor (as you said in a prior post, "ANY QB for the Cards to pursue"), and

(2) "Discussing the Buffalo Bills and the NFL", right, so I think discussing both Taylor and the Cardinals in a thread should not be chastised. It's not "Discussing the Buffalo Bills or the NFL". 

2 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I'm gonna hang it up after this post, but:

(1) if the Cardinals pursue a QB, it could very well be Taylor (as you said in a prior post, "ANY QB for the Cards to pursue"), and

(2) "Discussing the Buffalo Bills and the NFL", right, so I think discussing both Taylor and the Cardinals in a thread should not be chastised. It's not "Discussing the Buffalo Bills or the NFL". 

(1)  correct. 

(2)  agree to disagree

I think you missed the point of my comments .   Nitpicking TTs' stats is ongoing is many threads  

trying to avoid that here 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Which is why after his best season Roman was fired, as well as the two subsequent OC's after.     If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck it must be a duck.  

why do a handful of you guys do this? don't you see how it looks sorta lame when you try and say lynn got fired? the dudes work with the offense is basically what got him a head coaching gig. being overly technical and saying he got fired to prove a point against tyrod is honestly sorta foolish. I dunno how you cant see how lame it is to do that all for the sake of trying confirm an argument against the qb. 16's offense scored points. hands down. it was a good unit. taylor directly impacted that with his arm and legs. they did a good job of scoring points..... and that basically got lynn a HC job. don't pretend that taylor got lynn canned. that's a bit ridiculous wouldn't you say?

Edited by Stank_Nasty

On 2/13/2018 at 2:03 PM, JaCrispy said:

Taylor is not trash- he simply cannot process information fast enough to be great...because he has all the tools, except for where it counts most imo.

Disagree.  He processes the info, but he won't put the ball into tight spaces.  He's just too conservative and risk-averse.

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Disagree.  He processes the info, but he won't put the ball into tight spaces.  He's just too conservative and risk-averse.

well regardless of the reason for it. its a huge issue and likely the one that keeps him from ever being more than what he is.... which will be a stop-gap qb for another one or 2 franchises.

I thought he did a solid job in buffalo considering the circumstances but now its time to move on.... I really hope he goes to team like Arizona. I think they could win 9-11 games with him. heck, they went 5-4 to finish out he season last year with gabbert and Stanton at qb and no david Johnson. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

why do a handful of you guys do this? don't you see how it looks sorta lame when you try and say lynn got fired? the dudes work with the offense is basically what got him a head coaching gig. being overly technical and saying he got fired to prove a point against tyrod is honestly sorta foolish. I dunno how you cant see how lame it is to do that all for the sake of trying confirm an argument against the qb. 16's offense scored points. hands down. it was a good unit. taylor directly impacted that with his arm and legs. they did a good job of scoring points..... and that basically got lynn a HC job. don't pretend that taylor got lynn canned. that's a bit ridiculous wouldn't you say?

I could have made the comment  read like this  >> 

• Which is why after his best season Roman was fired, then the 2nd OC / Temporary HC  failed to remain in consideration of the HC position and the subsequent OC's after the next HC was hired also go fired) 

To be fail, I will revisit my post

1. TT's best season was with Roman (before defenses figured him out).  
  2. Wrex Ryan then fired Roman 2 games into his second season after TT started and led the team to an 0-2 record. 
    • Q:   Had A Lynn excelled with TT, what do you think his chances would have been of getting promoted / hired as HC?   Be honest. 
  3. Year 3 and Rico's "poor" play calling led to yet another meh season wrt the production of the passing game.

Secondary points of season # 2 and # 3.

We all heard the pundits and opponents say :

• The key to beating the Bills is to stop the run 
  • The key to beating the Bills is to "Make Tyrod a QB"  (we heard 2 straight weeks by the opponents defensive player(s)) 

Was that fair enough?  

29 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

1. Wrex Ryan then fired Roman 2 games into his second season after TT started and led the team to an 0-2 record. 
    •  

wait just a damned minute. your hypocrisy is one of the main reason we butt heads so much... the other day you cited a bad passer rating in a handful of games as one of many reasons we need to move on from taylor but all year you narrative was that passer rating means nothing.... 

and now you state he "led the team" to an 0-2 start but when the team wins and makes the playoffs its in spite of him..... this right here is ridiculous. so its only a team sport if they are winning. apparently when he's losing its on his shoulders... and passer rating means nothing when his are good, but when you need to try and prove a point you say he "led" them to an 0-2 record and use horrific passer ratings to try and push the narrative.

good lord dude. come on man!

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Haha (+1) 1

big sigh

There are many many many reasons why.   Shall I compile a complete list and save it so that I can paste the numerous items every time?  

He led the team to an 0-2 start in 2016.  Did I misspell or use the improper term for the guy who leads a team?   you know the leader of the offense

Week 1 was a 7-13 loss to the Ravens

Week 2 was a 31-37  loss to the Fitzpatrick led JETS  on TNF in Buffalo.   No Travel days to screw the Bills over either.   He was outgunned by Fitz, 

• His first (and possibly his only) 300 yard passing performance in regulation 

Question :  How many games has TT won when he has passed for over 300 250 yards? (to be fair I went with 250) 

Answer:     TW0  out of 10 times in 3 seasons and 47 starts.

Question :  How many games has TT won when he has passed for over 30 times in a game (iirc)  

Answer:     THREE  16 occurrences in 3 seasons and 47 starts.

Question :  How many games has TT had a game winning drive? 

Answer:     FOUR  in 3 seasons and 47 starts.

Question :  How many  uncatchable balls does TT throw per game?  in 47 starts.

Answer:    over 20% 

Question :  How many  times per game does TT hold the ball too long?  in 47 starts.

Answer:    a lot  (maybe Transplant can count them for you)   

Question :  How many  times per game does TT abort from a pass play to a run play?  in 47 starts.

Answer:    a lot (maybe Transplant can count them for you) 

Oh the answer to TT best game - 307 passing yards on TNF against the JETS.  

I'll keep searching for more 

How many  times per game has TT missed open receivers?

Too many

How many  times per game has TT  waited for the receiver to stop stock still?

Too many

To make this easier to find in a search Tyrod Taylor's faults aka miseries  

:thumbsup:

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Fitzgerald to return for 15th season with Cards

Fitzgerald, who will turn 35 on Aug. 31, will enter the season with a chance to reach second on the NFL's all-time receiving yards and receptions lists.

On NFL Network's Super Bowl pregame show, Fitzgerald was asked whether he was ready to play for Wilks, who will be his fourth head coach.

"I'm excited about what the future holds," Fitzgerald said. "Obviously there's some things that need to happen in terms of personnel, draft and things like that to help our team improve, but I'm confident that [general manager] Steve Keim and his group are going to do a good job with that."

I like Teddy Bridgewater to the Cardinals. I think he is a nice fit for the intermediate passing game and can get the ball to Larry Fitzgerald. Plus he looks pretty good with a Cardinal on the side of his helmet.  

Keenum makes some sense as well but I think he ultimately goes back to Minnesota. In that same vein, I could see Bradford being the quarterback of choice here. I think they go the vet route with Fitz in the twilight of his career. Teddy is still young and gives them a chance to play for now and the future. Lastly, if Andrew Luck is healthy, I could see them trying to make a trade for Jacoby Brissett  

Making a play for Tyrod would just completely waste Fitzgerald's last year. It won't happen. 

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I like Teddy Bridgewater to the Cardinals. I think he is a nice fit for the intermediate passing game and can get the ball to Larry Fitzgerald. Plus he looks pretty good with a Cardinal on the side of his helmet.  

Keenum makes some sense as well but I think he ultimately goes back to Minnesota. In that same vein, I could see Bradford being the quarterback of choice here. I think they go the vet route with Fitz in the twilight of his career. Teddy is still young and gives them a chance to play for now and the future. Lastly, if Andrew Luck is healthy, I could see them trying to make a trade for Jacoby Brissett  

Making a play for Tyrod would just completely waste Fitzgerald's last year. It won't happen. 

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Interesting take of Jacoby Brissett ......   

the interesting part is thinking taylor would be wasting a players season but brissett wouldn't..... Hilton had 4 straight 1000 yd seasons and then brissett came into the mix this year.... if i'm fitz i'm not overly enthused with either player

I guess i'm just being nit picky for the sake of it though.... I don't really care too much. lol.... that just struck me as odd.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

the interesting part is thinking taylor would be wasting a players season but brissett wouldn't..... Hilton had 4 straight 1000 yd seasons and then brissett came into the mix this year.... if i'm fitz i'm not overly enthused with either player

really shows me how skewed peoples views are around here.

Oh come on man.  You are reaching for Tyrod Hate crap that is not there.   You are reading things that don't exist.  Like a paranoia 

All I said was     interesting ......     I never claimed it was good or bad.   It was an "option" no one had mentioned before.  

So......   No comments on my list?   Do I need to add or subtract from it?   ;)   ;)   (that means I'm joking with you) 

That is the idea here ....  get a conversation going instead of arguments 

IMHO.   Jacoby Brissett hasn't done much to prove he's good.  (or that he totally sucks even though it's not looking great) 

I 'll even say similar for Jimmy G.   He hasn't done much to prove he's truly good.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan