Eagles Use Fake Walk Through Before SB

Well it worked out. 

Happy for Nick Foles too. The guy didn't just come in and skate by on the back of Defense & ST, he played extremely well, won 2 playoff games, then won the Super Bowl and was the MVP. 

Sucks for Wentz though... There's no guarantee they'll ever get back to the SB again, and as much as he can say he helped lead them there, he didn't have any involvement in their playoff wins or their SB victory. Nick Foles & co. brought the Eagles their first SB win in franchise history, so he gets the credit. 

Just really happy for Foles, as I thought he was horribly used in St. Louis (who wasn't under Fisher?), and didn't get a shot in KC. He has legit talent, and outplayed Brady regardless of stats. The only INT he had was due to the receiver practically throwing it to a Pats DB. Hell, Foles even had a TD reception, and now sits alone with a SB record all to himself as the only QB ever to have a TD reception in the big game lol. I'd be so happy to have a record like that all to myself.

Edited by BigDingus

13 hours ago, Doc said:

Would you, as a multiple-SB-winning HC with a heavily-favored team, think that a walk-through led by a coach in his first-ever SB, was fake?

Of course I would.  If I was this Machiavellian evil genius who had invented ways of cheating that you haven't even figured out yet, and everyone knows who I am...I certainly would be suspicious of my opponent's efforts to deceive me as a way to protect himself.  You think BB, at this point, would be duped so easily??

This is very basic stuff.

NE wasn't heavily favored.  They were playing the team that was the best team all season and didn't miss a beat as Foles destroyed one of the best D's in the NFL (Minny).

In fact, as you know, the line steadily dropped all week--from -230/+195 and Philly +6 to -190/+170 and Philly +4.5.

13 hours ago, peterpan said:

1- The Pats came back only AFTER Matt Ryan's helmet radio malfunctioned.  The Pats have a long history of blocking and/or eaves dropping on the radio communications.

2- This was the SB where a guy from Boston was in Pheonix flying his drone over the Seahawks practice and got arrested....

With 30 seconds left in regulation...and the game already tied....Ryan had to burn a TO because his helmet communication wasn't working.

The comeback was already over. 

It's clear you didn't watch the game or even read about it afterwards.

To help you out, here's what happened:

Up 28-12 with 8 plus minutes in the game and a 3rd and 1 (on their 36), they tried a pass play and it resulted in a strip sack fumble.  NE goes on to score 8.

Falcons up by 8 with 4 minutes on NE 22.  Then this all happened (CBS article interviewing Ryan--you should read it before you post on this any further):

"The Falcons ran the ball wide to Freeman on first down for a loss of 1. On second down, they decided to pass. But with a center Alex Mack banged up, Trey Flowers came inside to sack Ryan. Some suggested Ryan could have thrown inside for a quick pass, but my review of the tape shows nobody open. He had no chance. It was a loss of 12.

A holding call on the next play negated a 9-yard completion that would have put them back in field-goal range and then Ryan threw incomplete on third-and-33 from the 45. The Falcons punted and New England took the ball 91 yards on the ensuing drive for a touchdown and scored the two-point play to tie it.

The Falcons could have taken three knees and the Super Bowl was probably theirs to win. Or at least run it right up the middle three times and kick the field goal.

So what happened?

Shanahan got greedy, probably caught up in his battle with Bill Belichick, the greatest coach of all time. Quinn didn't veto the calls -- something he said he will learn from -- and Ryan had no chance to change the plays."

The function of the helmet had nothing to do with the worst play calling sequence in the history of the SB.

Ryan blamed Shanahan:

"With the way Kyle's system was set up, he took more time to call plays and we shift and motion a lot more than we did with (former coordinator) Dirk (Koetter). You couldn't get out of stuff like that. We talk about being the most aggressive team in football. And I'm all for it. But there's also winning time. You're not being aggressive not running it there."

Every single one of those horrible play calls made it into the huddle.

What were you saying again?

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Of course I would.  If I was this Machiavellian evil genius who had invented ways of cheating that you haven't even figured out yet, and everyone knows who I am...I certainly would be suspicious of my opponent's efforts to deceive me as a way to protect himself.  You think BB, at this point, would be duped so easily??

This is very basic stuff.

NE wasn't heavily favored.  They were playing the team that was the best team all season and didn't miss a beat as Foles destroyed one of the best D's in the NFL (Minny).

In fact, as you know, the line steadily dropped all week--from -230/+195 and Philly +6 to -190/+170 and Philly +4.5.

First of all, it was a question.  Second of all, if you want to talk "basic stuff," starting Butler would fall under that category.  But he didn't do it so don't pretend to think you know what Bellychick thinks.  His hubris cost him the game, and it's no stretch to think that he figured the Eagles needed all the prep they could get and that the walk-through was legit. 

In any case, the gist is their rep as cheaters precedes and will always taint them.  And for that they have no one to blame but themselves.   

16 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Would you, as HC, do a walk through in the SB venue and go through your actual plays?

Knowing what I know about that team...of course not.   But I would go a step further.  I'd have fake paybooks drawn up and leave them out.  I'd have fake signals throughout the game.  I'd call down fake plays in the headset.  I'd have several new plays that we hadn't run all year ready to go, just like they did. I'd give all the groundcrew free Eagles gear to wear. I'd hire player look alikes and have them seen at bars all night, hoping BB would see it and suspend the real player.  I'd have 10 people who did nothing but coming up with crap like this to screw with BB's head as much as possible.  

On 2/9/2018 at 8:34 AM, Chicken Boo said:

It's just a figment of all our imaginations.  They never cheated.  I know this because I've been told many times.

Like many, many other things around us.

disinformation and sheeple are the best tools ever.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

First of all, it was a question.  Second of all, if you want to talk "basic stuff," starting Butler would fall under that category.  But he didn't do it so don't pretend to think you know what Bellychick thinks.  His hubris cost him the game, and it's no stretch to think that he figured the Eagles needed all the prep they could get and that the walk-through was legit. 

In any case, the gist is their rep as cheaters precedes and will always taint them.  And for that they have no one to blame but themselves.   

The Eagles long snapper confirmed the obvious---the walk through at that point in SB preparation, isn't meaningful.  There's no way BB, given his history of cheating and that everyone always suspects him of cheating, would believe any opponents walk through is legit.

The rest of your post sin't really responsive of what I replied.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

Knowing what I know about that team...of course not.   But I would go a step further.  I'd have fake paybooks drawn up and leave them out.  I'd have fake signals throughout the game.  I'd call down fake plays in the headset.  I'd have several new plays that we hadn't run all year ready to go, just like they did. I'd give all the groundcrew free Eagles gear to wear. I'd hire player look alikes and have them seen at bars all night, hoping BB would see it and suspend the real player.  I'd have 10 people who did nothing but coming up with crap like this to screw with BB's head as much as possible.  

There you go.  You could have posted this after I first asked.

28 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Eagles long snapper confirmed the obvious---the walk through at that point in SB preparation, isn't meaningful.  There's no way BB, given his history of cheating and that everyone always suspects him of cheating, would believe any opponents walk through is legit.

The rest of your post sin't really responsive of what I replied.

There you go.  You could have posted this after I first asked.

The bolded sentence is not at all accurate.  He confirmed just the opposite. Conducting walk throughs have enough value that the team still did them...just in the hotel where NE couldn't spy on them.   If the walk through is meaningless, why go through all the trouble to rent extra space in a hotel just to do it?  

Furthermore, If BB would never spy on another team's walk through why stage a fake one?  You do that because you have reason to believe he might.  

19 hours ago, Dan said:

The bolded sentence is not at all accurate.  He confirmed just the opposite. Conducting walk throughs have enough value that the team still did them...just in the hotel where NE couldn't spy on them.   If the walk through is meaningless, why go through all the trouble to rent extra space in a hotel just to do it?  

Furthermore, If BB would never spy on another team's walk through why stage a fake one?  You do that because you have reason to believe he might.  

I've already stated that they do their walkthrough in a hotel or some such facility.  Read again what you bolded...it includes the words "at that point in the SB preparation".  Clearly this means on the day they have the dome for their "walk through".   At the time the Eagles player was walking through in the dome, he is confirming it was meaningless.

Yes that's why you stage a fake walk through when playing BB.  And that's why he isn't going to be watching.  He no longer thinks that every other HC is stupid enough (like Martz) to show plays in a public space before the SB.