Why didn’t Belichick play Malcolm Butler?

YoloinOhio

9 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Hopefully we're watching the evil empire crumble.  Rome, British, New England.

As long as Brady is well Brady.. the Empire will be fine.  Maybe it's me but I thought he sat Butler just prove a point to Kraft of "don't mess in personnel decisions as I can F things up easily for you!" His message was almost screwed up by Brady and the O playing unbelievably well against a great D.

14 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

As long as Brady is well Brady.. the Empire will be fine.  Maybe it's me but I thought he sat Butler just prove a point to Kraft of "don't mess in personnel decisions as I can F things up easily for you!" His message was almost screwed up by Brady and the O playing unbelievably well against a great D.

Yes, it’s you. You think he purposely tried to lose? 

16 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Neither D played particularly well.  Pats never punted once, and Philly only punted once.

I thought I read where one of your fellow Pats fans that frequent this board mentioned a rumor that Butler missed a team curfew.

I suspect the Pats are about done.  Brady is getting old and Belichick will either go on to a new challenge or retire; doubt he wants to bail out Kraft.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Yes, it’s you. You think he purposely tried to lose? 

Call it a feeling after seeing Parcells again on tv. who to this day I feel threw that SB to the Packers... there was no logical reason to sit Butler except send a message to someone. Seeing as how Butler is gone after this year why send him the message.  Sitting him didn't hurt Brady.. so who else is he trying send a message to?  Again it probably is me.. 

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Neither D played particularly well.  Pats never punted once, and Philly only punted once.

I thought I read where one of your fellow Pats fans that frequent this board mentioned a rumor that Butler missed a team curfew.

I suspect the Pats are about done.  Brady is getting old and Belichick will either go on to a new challenge or retire; doubt he wants to bail out Kraft.

BB will retire before he goes elsewhere. He won't get the power he has here anywhere else.

and the Pats run is almost done I see 2-3 years left with Brady playing at a top level before he becomes average.. but even average Brady with his brain be better than most other QBs in the NFL.

Happy I am just enjoying the ride. As a Bills fan you got love the good days because sooner or later the mediocre or bad days come back. :)

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Call it a feeling after seeing Parcells again on tv. who to this day I feel threw that SB to the Packers... there was no logical reason to sit Butler except send a message to someone. Seeing as how Butler is gone after this year why send him the message.  Sitting him didn't hurt Brady.. so who else is he trying send a message to?  Again it probably is me.. 

If so, the Pats are even more dysfunctional than I thought. 

I live in NE and basically that is what everyone wants to know.  A couple rumors I heard....he was really emotional about something and he was sick.   But he was asked after the game and he said the Pats gave up on him.   He played over 90% of plays all years, this was pretty odd.

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He only played on ST, but was on the sidelines on defense. They called it a coach’s decision? Anyone hear what the situation was? They really needed him. 

I dunno...he had been struggling this year...its not like Rowe played poorly...

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

BB will retire before he goes elsewhere. He won't get the power he has here anywhere else.

Power he has in NE?  Belichick was overruled by Kraft when he wanted to trade Brady.  So Brisette left preseason and Jimmy G was traded late season for a 2nd, which is lower than he should have gone for.  I think it is possible Belichick scuttles the ship then leaves.  He is a petty, vengeful little prick who will even the score with Kraft.

Tell me one team who is desperate for an experienced coach that wouldn't give Belichick the keys to their organization?

9 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

and the Pats run is almost done I see 2-3 years left with Brady playing at a top level before he becomes average.. but even average Brady with his brain be better than most other QBs in the NFL.

Happy I am just enjoying the ride. As a Bills fan you got love the good days because sooner or later the mediocre or bad days come back. :)

While I do agree BB wont be going to another team, I disagree no one will give him control, why would they not?  Some teams would not, like the Cowboys, but there would be teams that would give him total control.   

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Power he has in NE?  Belichick was overruled by Kraft when he wanted to trade Brady.  So Brisette left preseason and Jimmy G was traded late season for a 2nd, which is lower than he should have gone for.  I think it is possible Belichick scuttles the ship then leaves.  He is a petty, vengeful little prick who will even the score with Kraft.

Tell me one team who is desperate for an experienced coach that wouldn't give Belichick the keys to their organization?

Kraft may have overuled him that one time, other than that it has been the BB show for like 20 years.

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Outside of that one time.. Kraft has let him do whatever he wanted with the team. He answers to no one but Kraft and 99.9% of the time it's a rubber stamp. 

Name one owner that will let him due due whatever he wants for almost 18 years before they disagree on 1 thing.  You forget a lot of the owners are petty vengeful little jerks too. 

He may may leave but I doubt it as any team taking him would need give compensation and some that I heard that be required be insane. (I heard 2 first and a bunch of lower picks and one guy reported 3 firsts.)

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Outside of that one time.. Kraft has let him do whatever he wanted with the team. He answers to no one but Kraft and 99.9% of the time it's a rubber stamp. 

Name one owner that will let him due due whatever he wants for almost 18 years before they disagree on 1 thing.  You forget a lot of the owners are petty vengeful little jerks too. 

He may may leave but I doubt it as any team taking him would need give compensation and some that I heard that be required be insane. (I heard 2 first and a bunch of lower picks and one guy reported 3 firsts.)

I hear ya.  But all it takes is one disagreement; and after 18 years, I'm sure that only makes it worse.

39 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Butler is going to need to take a 1 yr deal to prove himself to other teams before getting a long term contract. Any team who gives him more than one year would be stupid. 

Is this sarcasm? He has proven himself to be a top 10-15 corner multiple times. He is consistently doing what they ask of him. What do you base your view on that he needs to prove himself any more than most other NFL players have to. Yes, I wouldn't give him top 5 corner money, but he definitely is an excellent player. Never read he had a bad attitude or didn't give it his best effort. What negative actions has he done that you have you read about that makes you feel he needs a one year prove it deal?

21 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Wrong.  Bellychick would be given complete control over everything with a new team. 

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Wrong.  Bellychick would be given complete control over everything with a new team. 

Even if that's true no team will give up that kind of draft capital to get him.  Mind you I think he is going nowhere I felt this was just him showing kraft he has the power on the field and he doesn't. 

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

Even if that's true no team will give up that kind of draft capital to get him.  Mind you I think he is going nowhere I felt this was just him showing kraft he has the power on the field and he doesn't. 

He could do what he did with the Jets and resign and then some team would have to give the Cheaters a couple 1sts.   

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

He could do what he did with the Jets and resign and then some team would have to give the Cheaters a couple 1sts.   

Probably more than that. Kraft would have to agree to it. And again these owners are as vengeful and Petty as any Coach. 

37 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Probably more than that. Kraft would have to agree to it. And again these owners are as vengeful and Petty as any Coach. 

The precedent has already been set.  What's good for the goose...

11 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

i agree and I've said this since he traded Chandler Jones trying to be cute--he should have learned from the Seymour deal- don't dump great young players in their prime.    He gave away the 2017 best defensive end in football for basically nothing and it cost him the championship.  They have zero pass rush now, and got chewed up because of it.   Foles had all day back there, and the GENIUS is to blame.  Loved seeing Kraft and his ridiculous mullet with that whiny smug look on his face when he realized that they lost.    so satisfying. 

Was Kraft too drunk to even know where he was?