Why not consider At QB...

HoserE

2 hours ago, H2o said:

He is a worse version of Tyrod. The stats don't tell the story from his last season because they don't tell you how many of those TD's were in garbage time basically. All you have to do is watch the Bills\49ers game from a couple years ago and that will tell you all you need to know. He's inaccurate, he has trouble processing what he sees on the field, and doesn't have the necessary touch when throwing to different levels. 

Exactly.

We bringing in Jim Harbaugh as well? 

Anthem antics aside (I mean Shady stretched/knelt and we all love us some 25) I'd really rather not. I seriously doubt he would be any kind of an upgrade at the position (unless Jim comes with him). 

Honestly, some team will sign him this year I believe. If Incognito and Vick caught second chances...I could see him getting one as well. I just don't think he is talented enough these days and would be shocked if he made it through a teams final cuts.

18 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Anthem antics aside (I mean Shady stretched/knelt and we all love us some 25) I'd really rather not. I seriously doubt he would be any kind of an upgrade at the position (unless Jim comes with him). 

Honestly, some team will sign him this year I believe. If Incognito and Vick caught second chances...I could see him getting one as well. I just don't think he is talented enough these days and would be shocked if he made it through a teams final cuts.

Agree 110%.

I think a lot of the kaep hate snowballed with the off field stuff (the Castro tshirt, the cop-pig socks, etc).

I believe if he had just gone with the kneeling it would have been less of an issue, but he poured fuel on a fire.

Either way, he's a lot of drama.

I also agree that it's a bigger issue regarding the talent at hand with him.

Incognito is one of the better lineman in the NFL, that's just a fact.

Vick came out of prison and was 2nd for the MVP with Philly.

Kaep is like Ray Rice in a sense that his statistics were on a sharp decline in the months leading up to his controversy.

Talent/skill will overcome a lot of controversy in professional sports (hell, in a lot of life).

Coaches, owners, and fans will put up with a lot of bull *****t if you're producing wins and numbers.

Once the baggage starts trending upwards and the value/talent starts trending downwards, they eventually cross paths, and the player has a career that is shortened.

Christ look at TO.

We signed him for peanuts compared to his talent level, he probably had another year or two left in him as a veteran on a contender, but nobody wanted the drama.

10 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Agree 110%.

I think a lot of the kaep hate snowballed with the off field stuff (the Castro tshirt, the cop-pig socks, etc).

I believe if he had just gone with the kneeling it would have been less of an issue, but he poured fuel on a fire.

Either way, he's a lot of drama.

I also agree that it's a bigger issue regarding the talent at hand with him.

Incognito is one of the better lineman in the NFL, that's just a fact.

Vick came out of prison and was 2nd for the MVP with Philly.

Kaep is like Ray Rice in a sense that his statistics were on a sharp decline in the months leading up to his controversy.

Talent/skill will overcome a lot of controversy in professional sports (hell, in a lot of life).

Coaches, owners, and fans will put up with a lot of bull *****t if you're producing wins and numbers.

Once the baggage starts trending upwards and the value/talent starts trending downwards, they eventually cross paths, and the player has a career that is shortened.

Christ look at TO.

We signed him for peanuts compared to his talent level, he probably had another year or two left in him as a veteran on a contender, but nobody wanted the drama.

...LOL....agree and he's STILL a drama queen.....pretty obvious Kaep has been "unofficially " blackballed for at least a year.........safe to say Richie was for the Fins debacle which probably cost him $2+ mil in salary.....he sure as hell proved me wrong when signed to become a model citizen (EVERY holding call was bogus; opposition was just "momentarily detained")....however, Richie's skill set is far superior to Kaep's at their respective positions....thus, he may have been blackballed (for political reasons) but I don't think he is a very good football player....hit the big spotlight too soon and lost football focus as well as DC's figuring him out....PURELY opinion....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LOL....agree and he's STILL a drama queen.....pretty obvious Kaep has been "unofficially " blackballed for at least a year.........safe to say Richie was for the Fins debacle which probably cost him $2+ mil in salary.....he sure as hell proved me wrong when signed to become a model citizen (EVERY holding call was bogus; opposition was just "momentarily detained")....however, Richie's skill set is far superior to Kaep's at their respective positions....thus, he may have been blackballed (for political reasons) but I don't think he is a very good football player....hit the big spotlight too soon and lost football focus as well as DC's figuring him out....PURELY opinion....

I agree with your opinion 

He was very athletically gifted, and not a terrible QB prospect, he could have had a good career if he studied the game and worked on getting better, instead of believing his own hype and focusing on things outside football

4 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I agree with your opinion 

He was very athletically gifted, and not a terrible QB prospect, he could have had a good career if he studied the game and worked on getting better, instead of believing his own hype and focusing on things outside football

...he had some pretty good stats at Nevada.......although the former OBD braintrusts, a/k/a as "The Mecca of QB Development"never took fliers on later QB's as a seemingly rule (Dalton-2nd, Wilson-3rd, McCarron-5th, etc), thought it may happen with Kaep in the 2nd/3rd......maybe it was karma..........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

I think you're underestimating the negative effect he brought to NFL viewership.  He's the face of that impact and wanted to be - hence the reason Shady didn't catch a fraction of the long term negative effect.  

I think a team takes on enormous risk of losing short and long term money if that player is signed.  I don't see the reward being worth it.

16 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I think you're underestimating the negative effect he brought to NFL viewership.  He's the face of that impact and wanted to be - hence the reason Shady didn't catch a fraction of the long term negative effect.  

I think a team takes on enormous risk of losing short and long term money if that player is signed.  I don't see the reward being worth it.

The thing that really makes me laugh is the media circus was bad, no doubt 2 seasons ago, but only really exploded this season.

2 years ago it was "That guys a clown" this year it was "I'm boycotting the NFL"...and he wasn't even on a roster. Matter of fact coverage was really waning out of the whole kneeling thing until the President did as the President does and blow things out of proportion. Not bashing the President. Sometimes it's good. Sometimes not.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

The thing that really makes me laugh is the media circus was bad, no doubt 2 seasons ago, but only really exploded this season.

2 years ago it was "That guys a clown" this year it was "I'm boycotting the NFL"...and he wasn't even on a roster. Matter of fact coverage was really waning out of the whole kneeling thing until the President did as the President does and blow things out of proportion. Not bashing the President. Sometimes it's good. Sometimes not.

Interestingly enough, it was an entire argument of people basically telling other people that they should or shouldn't be disrespected by it, or arguing that it was or wasn't disrespectful to the military.

Of the many, many vets I know both personally and through my work (patients of mine) I would say it was probably about:

-60% didn't feel disrespected, and felt they had fought for his right to kneel

-20% felt it was disrespectful to the country

-20% didn't care either way

I also live, as you know, in southern NY, so it's a more liberal/blue part of the state, so I'm in no way saying it's representative of everybody, but it was a sample size of probably close to 100 people, either ex military (ranging from ww2 up through Afghanistan), currently military, or families of military.

I just found it interesting.

17 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Hey right, wrong or indifferent the NFL is not as popular as it once was.  I just don't feel the same about sports in General.   There's just been so many many things that have turned me off as a fan.  

I've been following the Bills and The Calgary Stampeders since the late 60's. Yes I'm Canadian, and I come down to Buffalo every year. I have a QB in mind, that could help the Bills be a better team. Doug Flutie threw the ball with the Stampeders, and Bills...we all know what Doug brought to the Bills. Well, Bo Levi Mitchell, throws for Calgary. He has dreams of starting somewhere in the NFL, and he could. He has 2 years left on his contract. He started in 2012, became the starter in 2014. Most outstanding player in 2016, and won the Grey Cup 2016. SMU QB out of Texas. His contract may have a clause about starting in the NFL, if the offer is made? Check his stats, he is a very good QB, and at a very good price. It would save a darft spot, or trading up? Don't know if anybody on the Bills staff reads any of this on line activity, but who knows?

Why is he a terrible human being? His interviews are decent, seems like a good guy. His QB stats are very good, better than TT. I think Peterman deserves his chance as a starter, but, he needs more time to develop. This game is very different than College.

8 hours ago, rocky61 said:

I've been following the Bills and The Calgary Stampeders since the late 60's. Yes I'm Canadian, and I come down to Buffalo every year. I have a QB in mind, that could help the Bills be a better team. Doug Flutie threw the ball with the Stampeders, and Bills...we all know what Doug brought to the Bills. Well, Bo Levi Mitchell, throws for Calgary. He has dreams of starting somewhere in the NFL, and he could. He has 2 years left on his contract. He started in 2012, became the starter in 2014. Most outstanding player in 2016, and won the Grey Cup 2016. SMU QB out of Texas. His contract may have a clause about starting in the NFL, if the offer is made? Check his stats, he is a very good QB, and at a very good price. It would save a darft spot, or trading up? Don't know if anybody on the Bills staff reads any of this on line activity, but who knows?

Has a nice resume, would be worth a look: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bo_Levi_Mitchell

Career statistics

Passing   Rushing
Year Team Games Started Comp Att Pct Yards TD Int Rating Att Yards Avg Long TD Fumb
2012 CGY 18 0 12 21 57.1 168 2 2 75.1 34 67 2.0 10 5 2
2013 CGY 18 3 94 135 69.6 1,156 10 3 111.2 35 151 4.3 26 2 4
2014 CGY 17 14 264 417 63.3 3,389 22 8 98.3 35 232 6.6 20 4 4
2015 CGY 18 17 364 555 65.6 4,551 26 13 96.8 19 88 4.6 15 3 2
2016 CGY 18 17 412 606 68.0 5,385 32 8 104.5 14 60 4.4 20 0 4
2017 CGY 18 17 349 546 63.9 4,700 23 11 96.9 3 17 5.7 9 0 1
CFL totals 107 68 1,495 2,280 65.6 19,349 115 45 100.7 140 615 4.4 26 14 17

Edited by CSBill