Horowitz's DOJ IG Report

Few people have heard of Michael Horowitz, but that’s about to change.

Horowitz, the Department of Justice (DOJ) inspector general, is an increasingly critical player in the controversy surrounding the FBI, President Trump and the Russia investigation.

With little fanfare, he has been conducting a sprawling probe of the FBI’s handling of the 2016 investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server. His full report, which could set off shockwaves, is expected by the early spring.

A political appointee in both the Bush and Obama administrations, Horowitz’s yearlong investigation already reportedly contributed to the early resignation of Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe. And his work has been felt in other ways.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/372457-ig-poised-to-reignite-war-over-fbis-clinton-case

As the national media starts to pay closer attention to Horowitz, they're going to bungle some basic facts. Like the one above. 

Horowitz's probe has a WIDE berth. He can (and is) investigating ANY crimes which arise or he becomes aware of during his investigation. He's not just investigating HRC's email, he's up to his neck in everything going on. 

Still, it's a good primer article on Horowitz's background (much of this has been covered in other threads but is worth reading). 

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/372457-ig-poised-to-reignite-war-over-fbis-clinton-case

As the national media starts to pay closer attention to Horowitz, they're going to bungle some basic facts. Like the one above. 

Horowitz's probe has a WIDE berth. He can (and is) investigating ANY crimes which arise or he becomes aware of during his investigation. He's not just investigating HRC's email, he's up to his neck in everything going on. 

Still, it's a good primer article on Horowitz's background (much of this has been covered in other threads but is worth reading). 

I hope he has security. I don't want him to accidentally shoot himself in the back of the head multiple times.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, westside said:

I hope he has security. I don't want him to accidentally shoot himself in the back of the head multiple times.

:lol::beer: 

Good thing about that is his report is largely written (if not completely so), all the evidence collected and secured along with witness testimony. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

And so, The Memo thread fades in the rearview mirror and the next "great thing" is upon us.

Back in the real world, the noose tightens around the lawless, compromised president Gator continues to rock gentlyin a corner mumbling "na, na, boo boo, still can't hear you."

To the bolded, soon, pretty much, as DR has been predicting for several months.

Fixed the 2nd sentence for you.

• Haha (+1) 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

No one is sure - officially people are saying within the next week or two. Unofficially I'm hearing this week.

You'd think it'd be getting talked up.in the media. 

At work I use 3 or 4 sites to stay in touch with the world since I seldom pay attention. Dailycaller, news.google, Fox news (good for local) and WaPo.  Sometimes drudge and cnn.

Didn't see anything about this before lunch.  The difference in Google news headlines to the rest of the sites is amazing. Beyond Cnn usually

Just now, Boyst62 said:

At work I use 3 or 4 sites to stay in touch with the world since I seldom pay attention. Dailycaller, news.google, Fox news (good for local) and WaPo.  Sometimes drudge and cnn.

Didn't see anything about this before lunch.  The difference in Google news headlines to the rest of the sites is amazing. Beyond Cnn usually

They're busy today talking about the meltdown last night. So busy they're barely talking about DPRK openly discussing disarming. 

Besides, they've gotten nearly everything about the OIG report wrong when they've attempted to cover it. 

(And now with the Conway stuff breaking, it's all people are going to be talking about for the day)

10 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Fox just said it could come "at any time now". 

People I trust on this subject are all scrambling, which to me is a sign that something big is about to break. The Conway story (which isn't about Russian collusion at all btw) could be a strategic ploy to try to take some of the spotlight off the OIG if it does drop today... but that's high octane speculation, nothing more. 

32 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Fox just said it could come "at any time now". 

People I trust on this subject are all scrambling, which to me is a sign that something big is about to break. The Conway story (which isn't about Russian collusion at all btw) could be a strategic ploy to try to take some of the spotlight off the OIG if it does drop today... but that's high octane speculation, nothing more. 

See the source image