Deep dive into Jags 4th qtr play calling in AFC Championship (Yikes)

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I don't tweet. 

And I am reading from an Android tablet. 

Black font on dark blue background

Same for me, on a laptop. I think it's a bug with this program TBD is using as this same problem turns up frequently.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

At that point in the game it's ridiculous.

Under 5 minutes I can understand, but even then they were only up 3. 

Why is it ridiculous though?

What is the purpose of snapping it with 13 seconds left when you have a 10 point lead in the 4th?

Edited by billsfan11

6 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Wait so you want to try and run the clock out with 14 minutes left in the 4th? 

Extremely overly critical IMO. Getting on the guy for snapping the ball with 8 seconds left on the play clock with over 13 minutes left in the 4th is extreme.

Under 5 minutes up 3 I get. 

I think the guy's more germaine point is the utter predictability of the playcalling.  And, I suspect if one performed a similar analysis of Dennisons in the Jags game, one might find similar predictability.

But...as a practical point....your D is trying to shut down one of the most potent offenses in NFL history.  If you go 3 and out, the maximum you can take off the clock is a bit less than 2 minutes.  So why not give your D as much time as you can to suck wind and regroup?  Maybe they come up with something...like the benefit of reverting to man coverage when your zone is being picked apart

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Yahhhh. One team did it without a QB and you're complaining about the amount of pass attempts! 

Yikes.

Only one of those four teams will be looking for a starter in the draft. Guess who!!!

and who will Eagles pick smart pants !

3 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Hackett is a horrible OC, he is very predictable and I'm so glad he is gone.

and who is his Daddy?

thats the issue. same MO as when they did Buffalo

3 hours ago, dneveu said:

I just never understand burning a play on 1st or 2nd down... it just makes no sense.  They line up 8 or 9 in the box, and you run right at them on the outside, and lose yards.  I know you can't predict how they will line up when you call the outside zone play, but there has to be a contingency plan.  

we used to call the first play of the game.

And we all knew it was going to be a hand off inside the tackles. and it always ways. same cadence still.

Run even if it never ever works.

execution ?? Doug ??

2 hours ago, yungmack said:

Same for me, on a laptop. I think it's a bug with this program TBD is using as this same problem turns up frequently.

me too

7 hours ago, bobm said:

Hacketts offense is so predictable.  First down is always that exaggerated handoff from the shotgun with very little gain.  He throws away first down every series.  Truly hated his playcalling when he was in Buffalo and see that he hasn't changed at all.  So happy he's gone. 

And yet they got the lead in the first half by NOT playing to that tendency.     That play calling was brilliant.

I guess Hackett's mind goes numb (or his balls shrivel up) when the pressue is on...

On 1/22/2018 at 12:13 PM, Fan in Chicago said:

Yolo, the font and background color makes your original post unreadable. Any other way to post that?

I am having this problem with a number of posts featuring links, especially links to tweets.

It seems to happen in some browsers and not others, under Windows.  You might try a different browser to see if that works

• Like (+1) 1