My Annual Ski Trip.

Chef Jim

12 hours ago, mead107 said:

Go easy on first day. 

Thanks for the advice but I don't need any advice.  And this is the worst of all.  The first day is always for going hard.  Wait....you talking the slopes or the bars?

4 hours ago, CowgirlsFan said:

Everyone IS NOT following the rules on giving him advice. 

When is travel day?

Next Thursday.  I'll actually be in town for Super Bowl.  Won't watch it but I'll be in town.  

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

Don’t forget your gun.  

Thanks for the advice but I don't need the advice.  Besides since we moved away from Oakland I don't even know there they are.  

On 1/26/2018 at 4:14 AM, mead107 said:

What day you buying lunch? 

Finally a question not silly advice. Anyone who wants to meet me in Ellicottville Friday or Attica Saturday lunch is on me!  I’m am 100% serious.  

And don’t worry about Attica. I’m a native. I’ll protect you all. 

Edited by Chef Jim

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Geez shows how popular I am.  I offer to buy lunch for anyone who wants to get together when I'm in WNY and the thread dies.  :lol:

Sorry... You missed me two weeks ago and @ New Years... I would have taken you up.  The way my Kid eats, I had to take out a small loan @ the lodge!

I am only semi-retired!  I can't get there every weekend... But thanks for the advice, but I don't need any advice.

How's that for turning the tables on the premise of this annual thread...:P

Beats lunch at Alpine Meadows in Squaw... For 4 of us in the lodge there it was a 100 bill... Son I think ate 50. But, not as good as the top of the mountain 15 buck pot pies @ Steamboat last year!

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Ummmm sorry but there was no advice offered in my post.  

Offering a free mountain lunch is always great advice to be had!  Especially @ today's prices!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I will toss in a heated apparal recommendation since this is a ski thread. An Austrian company, Lenz https://www.lenzproducts.com/en/technology#heat makes outstanding heated socks & gloves. These implement new technology & features and are well made. No more bulky socks with wires & D batteries or heated foot pads. They are expensive & difficult to find (lot of suppliers on Amazon are sold out) but imo worth it.

1 hour ago, Mr Info said:

I will toss in a heated apparal recommendation since this is a ski thread. An Austrian company, Lenz https://www.lenzproducts.com/en/technology#heat makes outstanding heated socks & gloves. These implement new technology & features and are well made. No more bulky socks with wires & D batteries or heated foot pads. They are expensive & difficult to find (lot of suppliers on Amazon are sold out) but imo worth it.

Thanks for the advice but I don't need any advice.  And seeing I live in SoCal where it will be mid 80's tomorrow I really have no need to purchase expensive heated apparel.  So I will just freeze my ass of for a few days.  Makes saying goodbye to friends and family as I board the plane for home that much easier.  

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:42 AM, Chef Jim said:

Geez shows how popular I am.  I offer to buy lunch for anyone who wants to get together when I'm in WNY and the thread dies.  :lol:

I'd make the drive out if I didn't have to be in Boston that weekend.  I have people I need to see out that way.

On 1/27/2018 at 5:52 AM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Beats lunch at Alpine Meadows in Squaw... For 4 of us in the lodge there it was a 100 bill... Son I think ate 50. But, not as good as the top of the mountain 15 buck pot pies @ Steamboat last year!

Offering a free mountain lunch is always great advice to be had!  Especially @ today's prices!

You'd love Lunch Rock at Winter Park. You might as well hand over your first born to get a sandwich and drink up there. 

1 hour ago, CowgirlsFan said:

How's the packing the suitcase going?

I pack tomorrow.  I'm going to freeze my ass off.  

54 minutes ago, mead107 said:

What about a day next week if you are buying 

Sure I'll buy next week. Get you butt out to SoCal and I'll definitely buy.  You're retired you can just pack up and travel anytime right?

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea cant complain about 3 hots and a cot

In that shithole?  You sure can.  

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I pack tomorrow.  I'm going to freeze my ass off.  

Sure I'll buy next week. Get you butt out to SoCal and I'll definitely buy.  You're retired you can just pack up and travel anytime right?

In that shithole?  You sure can.  

I will get out that way one of these days.