Friendly reminder - Brandon Beane has yet to prove a thing

CanadianFan

Canadian Fan, I'm with you.  I have to see a whole more before I declare Beane even competent.  As far as anybody outside of the Bills organization knows, it may very well be that Beane is largely a figurehead and McDermott has been and is running the show.  There's actually more indication that that may be true than that Beane is truly "in charge", starting with the fact that McDermott was hired and making personnel decisions before Beane was hired.  So, yeah, it's a bit early to anoint him "Savior GM", although from most of the posts in this thread, it's apparent that numerous Bills fans have done exactly that.

14 hours ago, JDhill2 said:

He has completely revamped the front office and made some great hires. One (Gaine) just took the GM job with Houston. He has accumulated draft capital with picks, he has shed salary and made tough decisions on some players. He has restored credibility to the front office and helped restore credibility to the franchise. I think he has proven much in his first year. Benjamin hurt his knee in his second game for God's sake. It's ok to be positive once in a while.

This post is an example of the kind of overblown Beane boosterism that undoubtedly lead the OP to start this thread.  What "great hires" and what "restored credibility to the front office" did Beane make exactly?  Most new execs in any business bring in their own people.  It takes a lot longer than 8 months to determine if changing out one set of staffers for another was a good move or not, and so far, none of those new hires have done squat ... because they haven't even been in place for even 1 complete NFL season yet.  The big test will be the NFL draft in May, but even the real results of that won't be available for 2 or 3 years as the 2018 draft picks shake out as pros. 

That's how it works with trades, too.  The jury is out on the Watkins, Dareus, and Benjamin trades.  Certainly trading Darby for Matthews seems like a big miss since Matthews contributed very little because he was injured most of the season, and he's a FA this coming year.   Maybe he resigns with the Bills and does well, but then maybe Watkins and Dareus go on to have multiple Pro Bowl seasons with their new teams, too. 

It was McDermott and the players  -- as well as Andy Dalton's 4th-and-12 TD pass -- that restored credibility to the franchise BTW.

Edited by SoTier

2 minutes ago, SoTier said:

CBF, I'm with you.  I have to see a whole more before I declare Beane even competent.  As far as anybody outside of the Bills organization knows, it may very well be that Beane is largely a figurehead and McDermott has been and is running the show.  There's actually more indication that that may be true than that Beane is truly "in charge", starting with the fact that McDermott was hired and making personnel decisions before Beane was hired.  So, yeah, it's a bit early to anoint him "Savior GM", although from most of the posts in this thread, it's apparent that numerous Bills fans have done exactly that.

This post is an example of the kind of overblown Beane boosterism that undoubtedly lead the OP to start this thread.  What "great hires" and what "restored credibility to the front office" did Beane make exactly?  Most new execs in any business bring in their own people.  It takes a lot longer than 8 months to determine if changing out one set of staffers for another was a good move or not, and so far, none of those new hires have done squat ... because they haven't even been in place for even 1 complete NFL season yet.  The big test will be the NFL draft in May, but even the real results of that won't be available for 2 or 3 years as the 2018 draft picks shake out as pros. 

That's how it works with trades, too.  The jury is out on the Watkins, Dareus, and Benjamin trades.  Certainly trading Darby for Matthews seems like a big miss since Matthews contributed very little because he was injured most of the season, and he's a FA this coming year.   Maybe he resigns with the Bills and does well, but then maybe Watkins and Dareus go on to have multiple Pro Bowl seasons with their new teams, too. 

It was McDermott and the players  -- as well as Andy Dalton's 4th-and-12 TD pass -- that restored credibility to the franchise BTW.

really?  if anything, i've seen most posters mention that they realize beane hasn't done anything yet.  why throw nonsense out there.  i was so nice not having you be all postal angry on the board for a few weeks.  you missed being pissed, didn't you?