Friendly reminder - Brandon Beane has yet to prove a thing

CanadianFan

This past season was a great success due to McDermott's ability to pull some rabbits out of the hat. Creating something out of nothing. 

I know everyone's congratulating the coaching and management for the success. But let's reflect on what contributed to that success. What did Beane add to that team?  His biggest free agency signing - was Anquan Boldin. Who contributed ZERO catches to the team's 31st ranked passing offense. 

His biggest trade acquisition was - Kelvin Benjamin. Who provided 16 catches for the 31st ranked passing offense. Essentially, Beane had ZERO POSITIVE IMPACT for 2017. 

Beane will have to prove his worth, and earn some of the accolades he's gotten undeservedly from this past season. As a famous football movie said, "SHOW ME THE MONEY".

I'm waiting.

• Like (+1) 2

We are all waiting
For the main event

Would you recognize it
If it came to you in the middle of the night?
Would you recognize it
If it jumped up and bit you in the ass?

We are all waiting
For the main event

Would you recognize it
If it came to you in the middle of your back swing?
Would you recognize it
If it came speeding like a bullet from a gun?

Kinda harsh for a guy that hasn't had much of a chance to prove himself. I agree he has to prove himself. I wouldn't dump on him this early.

Anquan Boldin retired didn't he? I don't know how he would aquire stats for a team he's not even playing for when he's out saving the world. You gonna hold that against him? Sorry you said zero catches for him all year like he played for the team this year.

Kelvin Benjamin came in late and Peterman was the only guy that seemed to want to throw to him. Plus he got rocked in the leg. So didn't expect crazy stats. At least that was an attempt to give the struggling QBs a big target. 

Edited by Lfod

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

What accolades?   

Hasn't run his first draft yet.   I don't think anyone's declaring him a winner just yet

I was absolutely sure he was the greatest GM in football...until I saw this thread.

Now I'm broken.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, ddaryl said:
We are all waiting
For the main event

Would you recognize it
If it came to you in the middle of the night?
Would you recognize it
If it jumped up and bit you in the ass?

We are all waiting
For the main event

Would you recognize it
If it came to you in the middle of your back swing?
Would you recognize it
If it came speeding like a bullet from a gun?

Assfinger! Love the moe. reference!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Anquan Boldin was a bigger signing than Micah Hyde or Jordan Poyer? Maybe in name only. Don't mention any of his trades with positive results, like EJ, or the fact that we are set up in the draft. 

Nobody is declaring him the Best GM ever. But compared to what we've had recently....yeah, I'd take Beane over Donahoe. 

• Like (+1) 3