Top 25 free agents per G.Rosenthal...

He wasn't in the top 25, but Nigel Bradham was on the supplemental list of players who didn't quite make the cut.  Anyone who's been a Bills fan for a while knows he started out as a Bill.  He has near elite athleticism and has spent his entire career in Jim Schwartz defensive system, which is pretty similar to what McDermott runs.  Young enough not to have lost anything physically.

6 hours ago, GreggTX said:

He is an above average CB on the outside. I just meant that IDEALLY we'd have T White v1 and v2 on the outside, but yes. H's good.

I'm not sure what you were watching but damn right he's above average - he's really good and he's 100% an outside guy.  Never ever should you bring a guy that good on the outside to the inside.  

10 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

He only made 3.5 this year..I didn't know it was Ryan that didn't want him..makes sense because Rexie had Mario Williams often drop back into pass coverage...

It is NOT the average yearly salary that made it tough to match...Its the guaranteed money, roster and signing bonus in the first couple of years.

Now, add in  a new  profile & skill set required by the new DC for the position... it has to make sense to spend in a finite salary structure on a player  that doesn't fit the new system. Bradham was reduced to mostly ST play in Pettine version of Ryan defense prior to Schwarts taking over with Marrone as DC.

Well, if it's me...........

Bridgewater

Norwell

Star

re-sign Gaines and Johnson........

and the rest with lower level FA's, then draft time. The Bills could be wheelers and dealers on draft days to get even more picks as there are good developmental type players, especially on D.

Half the roster, or more, should be new by 2018 opening day.

14 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Man, if Tyler Eifert could stay healthy... I'd take him in a heartbeat. 

Not that Clay is bad by any means, but Eifert is fantastic when he's actually on the field.

Eifert is on my wish list this offseason. I have no idea what his mrket value is going to look like but I really hope we take a flier on him. When healthy he’s a stud. 

Keenum, Norwell and Butler, would be my preference.  As along as there's no top 6 available when we draft ...add those three to these 5 picks and I'd be dancing:

1- C. Wilkins (DT) or M. Hurst (DT)

1 - R. Evans (LB)

2- D. Payne (DT)

2 - D. Goedert (TE)

3 - R. Penny (RB)

4 (trading both 5ths) - M. Gallup (WR)

Edited by Loosh