This franchise has no ambition to win if they keep Dennison

Yeezus

No more excuses. OC's are being fired left and right and there is plenty of good choices out there.

The fact that we haven't fired Dennison yet worries me. He was piss poor this season, prob the worst OC I've seen here since the Jauron era. This guy has no idea what it takes to run a successful offense in this league. Him and his staff ruined our #1 run game and top 10 scoring offense. Yes the QB play was underwhelming this season but there were still so many bad games Dennison had. 

Not to mention, pairing your franchise QB with a quality OC is one of the most important things towards their development. I do not trust Dennison for one second to develop a young QB. I want him far away from Buffalo as possible right now.

Go get Bevell or make John DeFilippo from the Eagles the highest paid OC in the league. DeFilippo is part of the reason why Wentz is so good, this guy knows his stuff. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Yeezus said:

Go get Bevell or make John DeFilippo from the Eagles the highest paid OC in the league. DeFilippo is part of the reason why Wentz is so good, this guy knows his stuff. 

I thought DeFillipo was in the running for a head coaching job.  Why would he leave a team that was poised to be a Super Bowl contender until their QB got hurt, for a lateral move? Certainly not just for money.

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Dennison isn't going anywhere.

They'll give him a QB who can actually run his scheme, and then his evaluation will begin. 

what scheme? the one from the 1980's that no team in todays NFL has had success with? 

this is a passing league. The Bills won't win anything if they run the ball more then they pass. name 1 team still in the playoffs that has a run first offense. 

his scheme is !@#$ing garbage. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Yeezus said:

what scheme? the one from the 1980's that no team in todays NFL has had success with? 

this is a passing league. The Bills won't win anything if they run the ball more then they pass. name 1 team still in the playoffs that has a run first offense. 

Like I said, they'll give him a QB who can run his system and then his evaluation will begin.

Taylor isn't a good passer, so blaming the OC for the QBs obvious short comings seems foolish. 

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

The fact that they haven't fired him yet shows you nothing has changed and the end of the drought is just the beginning of a longer, more miserable drought.  If Pegula stands by and watches McBeane run this team into the ground then he might as well sell the team.  If Dennison isn't gone by the end of the day, then Pegula needs to do what is necessary and fire Dennison himself as well as Beane and McDermotte.  If McDermotte wants to keep his best buddies on as coaches despite them not being qualified then he needs to go.  Tell Russ to get out his files, the new GM/Coach search begins tomorrow. 

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

6 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

No more excuses. OC's are being fired left and right and there is plenty of good choices out there.

The fact that we haven't fired Dennison yet worries me. He was piss poor this season, prob the worst OC I've seen here since the Jauron era. This guy has no idea what it takes to run a successful offense in this league. Him and his staff ruined our #1 run game and top 10 scoring offense. Yes the QB play was underwhelming this season but there were still so many bad games Dennison had. 

Not to mention, pairing your franchise QB with a quality OC is one of the most important things towards their development. I do not trust Dennison for one second to develop a young QB. I want him far away from Buffalo as possible right now.

Please don't make me revise my opinion of Buffalo Bills fan football smarts downward by this much.  You're pulling down the average and ruining the curve.

It has been an open question how much of past success was Kubiak and how much was Dennison.  Fair question.  It's also an open question whether he has the creativity and flexibility to work with a non-traditional QB like Taylor successfully.  But to say "the guy has no idea what it takes" when he's had two successful stints as OC on playoff teams and in fact was OC when his team won the Superbowl is just dumb.

Or trollish, of which we seem to have an unfortunate infestation these days.

• Like (+1) 4

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
2 minutes ago, Chuck Schick said:

Remember when Kevin Gilbride was a complete dud with the Bills and then went on to light it up with Eli and some good receivers?

Point being: it's not always as simple as "This guys sucks"

It is not and while I was joking with my above comment, in all seriousness, the 1st and 10 screen pass to DiMarco on a critical drive in the second half vs the Patriots and some other questionable play calls give me pause.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

4 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

For values of "won't win anything" that include San Francisco's 34-31 SB loss in 2012, Seattle Seahawks SB win in 2013 and loss in 2014, and Denver's SB win in 2015, I agree with you completely. 

Let me summarize in case that's too oblique: 4 out of the last 6 SB have included teams that ran more than they passed, sometimes by factors of almost 2:1.

Of those 4 Superbowls, the W:L record of the "run first" team is 2:2 and arguably would be 3:1 if said team hadn't gone away from their roots and passed on the goal line.

Now, what was that you are saying about "run first" offense? 

15 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I thought DeFillipo was in the running for a head coaching job.  Why would he leave a team that was poised to be a Super Bowl contender until their QB got hurt, for a lateral move? Certainly not just for money.

Agreed

• Thank you (+1) 1

So if they don't do as you say, that means they don't want to win.

Your post has NONE of the thoroughness, educated commentary, specific evidence or detail it should have for you to say something like this.

Put another way, you don't know what you are talking about.

I am willing to let McBean decide which way to go with this which is the only sensible thing to do at this point.

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

For the third time; they'll give him a QB who can run HIS SCHEME. 

His history doesn't exactly scream success... especially considering he worked under kubiak all that time.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/DennRi0.htm

Why do we have to give him another year?  What did he do to deserve another year?  

Just now, dneveu said:

His history doesn't exactly scream success... especially considering he worked under kubiak all that time.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/DennRi0.htm

Why do we have to give him another year?  What did he do to deserve another year?  

I'm not saying it does, I just don't think a rookie HC who preaches "trust the process" is going to fire his OC and start from ground zero when it was obvious that the QB we had this year couldn't do what the OC was asking of him.

I suppose there's a chance they view one of the guys who just got fired as a clear cut upgrade. We'll see what happens, I just think it's unlikely. 

• Like (+1) 1

One of the worse throwing QBs in the league, schemes don't win players do.

I will hold out my opinion of our OC until after he has something to work with. IMO he stays another season. I am ok with a change as long as the new OC doesn't act like he can make Tyrod be anything more then he is. Tyrod must go even if a new OC comes in IMO.

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

I'm not saying it does, I just don't think a rookie HC who preaches "trust the process" is going to fire his OC and start from ground zero when it was obvious that the QB we had this year couldn't do what the OC was asking of him.

I suppose there's a chance they view one of the guys who just got fired as a clear cut upgrade. We'll see what happens, I just think it's unlikely. 

I dunno - there should be some accountability imo.  We are worse at everything than we were previously.  That sends a message that you can't adjust, that you aren't a strong game planner and play caller.  Also - we were SO bad in the 2nd half of games - whether winning or losing. 

It's not all the QB, when we can't get a first down late in a game running the ball.  I watched Tenn ice a game in the playoffs running the ball at the end.  Why were we always punting in those situations...? Because the guy couldn't get anything out of our talent running the ball.  

Just now, xRUSHx said:

One of the worse throwing QBs in the league, schemes don't win players do.

I will hold out my opinion of our OC after he has something to work with. IMO he stays another season.

If he was younger, and trying to develop himself maybe.  This guy is who is he is, and it isn't good.  Why do we want to give him more time?