Possible Darkhorse FA QB's

Just now, Clyde Smith said:

Because Bridgewater is not afraid to throw to his receivers.

He's not? Go check out his career stats.  What is he better at?

TT is a Bridgewater who can run (without nearly autoamputating his leg). 

1 hour ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Whoever we bring in to compete for the backup QB job behind NP probably isn't going to be a big name, at least that is what I've heard from a contact of mind close to the situation.

You don't have any contacts.  Quit being delusional.

My bet is Cousins.

5 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

Drew Brees. LOL 

You laugh but as he can’t be tagged and has played hard ball with the saints before I wouldn’t be shocked if he ended his career like manning. Doubt he would consider playing in the elements though (generally speaking I think he stays put though)

5 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Bradford is like one of those Chinese knockoffs on eBay. Price is great, looks like the real deal, but breaks after a few weeks leaving you regretting not spending more for the real deal.

As long as he doesn't slip on a mat in training camp, I'm okay with him breaking. Maybe he will breakdown right when it's time to insert the newbie. Kinda like getting a flat tire when u pull in front of your house.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

That's not a fact based conclusion, as I implied by directing him to Bridgewater's stats.  This guy is no better a passer than TT.  Look it up.

Look at their targets?

It takes two seconds, bud.

21.6% of Teddy's targets in 2015 went to RB's.

24.4% of TT's targets in 2017 went to RB's.

TT's leading target in 2017?  LeSean McCoy

Teddy's? Stefon Diggs

Just now, jmc12290 said:

Look at their targets?

Teddy's? Stefon Diggs

Bridgewater is a high percentage short pass West Coast guy by design.   It is what he did in college.

I thought he would be a good fit for Dennison because Dennison doesn't like his QB to go deep.   He likes dinks and dunks and short crossing routes.

That is what you are going to get with Bridgewater and nothing else.    If that is what you want, he is your guy.   If you hate the short passing game, he is not your guy.

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

Look at their targets?

Teddy's? Stefon Diggs

So you're hanging your hat on 21.6 vs 24.4%.  Got me!

Look, Bridgewater barely throws at all.  14 TDs his only full year.  Bunch of INTs.  Doesn't run much.

The most over-hyped mediocrity at QB since Tebow.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Bridgewater is a high percentage short pass West Coast guy by design.   It is what he did in college.

I thought he would be a good fit for Dennison because Dennison doesn't like his QB to go deep.   He likes dinks and dunks and short crossing routes.

That is what you are going to get with Bridgewater and nothing else.    If that is what you want, he is your guy.   If you hate the short passing game, he is not your guy.

I would like more passes to our WR's.  Dennison managed to get two WR's to 1000 yards each with a deficient QB last year.  I think Teddy can do something similar.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

So you're hanging your hat on 21.6 vs 24.4%.  Got me!

Look, Bridgewater barely throws at all.  14 TDs his only full year.  Bunch of INTs.  Doesn't run much.

The most over-hyped mediocrity at QB since Tebow.

Tyrod Taylor threw 14 TD's this year :lol::lol::lol:

Has Teddy Bridgewater gotten worse every year that he's started?

Thanks for playing.

Edited by jmc12290

2 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

I would like more passes to our WR's.  Dennison managed to get two WR's to 1000 yards each with a deficient QB last year.  I think Teddy can do something similar.

Tyrod Taylor threw 14 TD's this year :lol::lol::lol:

Has Teddy Bridgewater gotten worse every year that he's started?

Thanks for playing.

How many 1000 WRs has Teddy had?  Zero.

Has Teddy gotten worse?  He nearly lost a leg just jugging around in practice.

Yes, TT had 14 TDs passing this season, so Bridgewater's ceiling is TT's floor.   You've been played...

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

How many 1000 WRs has Teddy had?  Zero.

Has Teddy gotten worse?  He nearly lost a leg just jugging around in practice.

Yes, TT had 14 TDs passing this season, so Bridgewater's ceiling is TT's floor.   You've been played...

Bridgewater's second year in the NFL is his ceiling?  

Come on buddy.  Trevor Simeian put up a better year with Dennison at OC than TT did.  It's over.  

I've seen zero evidence the injury has hampered him thus far.

Edited by jmc12290

3 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Bridgewater's second year in the NFL is his ceiling?  

Come on buddy.  Trevor Simeian put up a better year with Dennison at OC than TT did.  It's over.  

I've seen zero evidence the injury has hampered him thus far.

I'm not arguing for TT, I'm saying Bridgewater is not a step up.  There is nothing in his numbers that says otherwise.  He's a 3000 yard, 15 TD12int  guy all day, who can't score with his legs.  Why on earth would the Bills look at him?  This makes no sense whatsoever.

As for the injury hampering him?  How can you "see" anything?  He's a benchwarmer behind a better QB right now.  

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

I'm not arguing for TT, I'm saying Bridgewater is not a step up.  There is nothing in his numbers that says otherwise.  He's a 3000 yard, 15 TD12int  guy all day, who can't score with his legs.  Why on earth would the Bills look at him?  This makes no sense whatsoever.

As for the injury hampering him?  How can you "see" anything?  He's a benchwarmer behind a better QB right now.  

He doesn't walk funny on the sidelines.  No one has reported any lingering concerns from the injury.  He's the active backup on the team.  You think if Teddy couldn't play because of his leg, they would have taken him off IR and activated him on gameday?

Teddy's skill set is better for Dennison's system.  He throws to his WR's.  At worst, he's the same as TT, and costs about $8M cheaper, which gives us 8M reasons to look at him.

22 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Look at their targets?

Teddy's? Stefon Diggs

Why not look at both of their 2015 stats? Or better yet, their career stats?

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

No way on Keenum or Foles.  Cousins would obviously be the ideal signing.  Bridgewater is intriguing, but I haven't seen him play in two years.  You're taking a chance.

I agree with you, but Dennison might like his potential.

With respect, (and personally I'd rather none of the 3), but how can you say Paxton lynch and then in the same breath say no way to keenum or foles?? And please don't answer lynch has more potential based on the unknown. The grass is greener is no way to logically make an argument for a qb. It just invites arguments for mccarron or bray for that matter. With ANY of these guys the best hope/case is they find a system or coach they mesh with and you have a false positive like we had w/Fitz or MIN has w keenum...

Edited by gobills1212