Predictions from ESPN Insiders (and me) for our 2018 starting QB

And 3/6 predict that it's Nate Peterman.

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/30895/where-will-tyrod-taylor-play-in-2018-nfl-insiders-predict

Good God! I hope not. Yet again, today I saw the reason I really didn't like Peterman at all in the offseason. That ball that was intercepted would've been a completed pass for anyone with an NFL arm.

Peterman doesn't have the arm strength to be the starting QB in Buffalo. Anticipation is great, but he better throw his sideline out patterns as he's getting off the team bus to make sure it's not intercepted.

I kid... I kid... :flirt: 

Believe me, as soon as Taylor got knocked out of the game, I was screaming and rooting for Peterman as he ran for that first down and praying that he would win the game and lead us to some miracles.

I did the same thing when he started against the Chargers.

The other leaders in the ESPN insider clubhouse include Sam Bradford and Alex Smith.

Really? They think this regime would prefer an aging vet??? One who's had how many healthy seasons in the NFL??? 

I guess these guys can't think outside the box and see that we're going to be going really hard at drafting a rookie QB, can they?

My way to early prediction…?

The top 4 picks include Cleveland twice, who neither Donald nor Rosen have reported wanting to play for and there's reported interest in Mayfield. The Colts, who don't need a quarterback. And the Giants, and Gettleman almost sounds like he might move forward with Eli for a couple more years.

I think we are very likely prepared to give up our two first round draft choices along with our second round draft choice and probably next years 1st or maybe 2nd round draft choice to go up and get either Darnold or Rosen. Based on reports, sounds like Darnold, who I prefer based on the little I know, though he's a QB I realize we're likely to take some serious lumps with.

I think Sam Darnold is our 2018 game 1 starter. That's my waaaAAAAAAAyyyyy too early prediction. Yours? 0:)

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/30895/where-will-tyrod-taylor-play-in-2018-nfl-insiders-predict

Good God! I hope not. Yet again, today I saw the reason I really didn't like Peterman at all in the offseason. That ball that was intercepted would've been a completed pass for anyone with an NFL arm.

Peterman doesn't have the arm strength to be the starting QB in Buffalo. Anticipation is great, but he better throw his sideline out patterns as he's getting off the team bus to make sure it's not intercepted.

Believe me, as soon as Taylor got knocked out of the game, I was screaming and rooting for Peterman as he ran for that first down and praying that he would win the game and lead us to some miracles.

The other leaders in the ESPN insider clubhouse include Sam Bradford and Alex Smith.

Really? They think this regime would prefer an aging vet??? One who's had how many healthy seasons in the NFL??? 

I guess these guys can't think outside the box and see that we're going to be going really hard at drafting a rookie QB, can they?

The top 4 picks include Cleveland twice, who neither Donald nor Rosen have reported wanting to play for and there's reported interest in Mayfield. The Colts, who don't need a quarterback. And the Giants, and Gettleman almost sounds like he might move forward with Eli for a couple more years.

I think we are very likely prepared to give up our two first round draft choices along with our second round draft choice and probably next years 1st or maybe 2nd round draft choice to go up and get either Darnold or Rosen. Based on reports, sounds like Darnold, who I prefer based on the little I know, though he's a QB I realize we're likely to take some serious lumps with.

I think Sam Darnold is our 2018 game 1 starter. That's my waaaAAAAAAAyyyyy too early prediction. Yours? 0:)

Darnold said he'd be honored to be the #1 pick and that's who Cleveland will select at #1.

13 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Mayfield

13 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Don't worry -the Bills don't much attention from national writers.  I really don't think the Bills look at Peterman as a starter. 

Just now, Tcali said:

u think mayfield will be available at 21 or 22? im guessing hell be gone

Actually, I think (hope) that bundling 1 of them with a player and/or a 3rd will allow us to move up a little. There seems to be a good amount of QBs available pushing down other good talent.

1 minute ago, aceman_16 said:

That would be an awesome combo to start.

Would also like Quenton Nelson or Malik Jefferson

3 minutes ago, Tcali said:

u think mayfield will be available at 21 or 22? im guessing hell be gone

A lot of team's are leary of his height and so called off field problems.

26 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Darnold said he'd be honored to be the #1 pick and that's who Cleveland will select at #1.

Cleveland can be funny.

They have #1 AND #4. I could see them sitting there at #1 and saying they have another pick in a few picks and will still get one of the top 3 QBs along with 2 more 1st round draft picks and more.

Really wouldn't be a terrible move for them, either.

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Would also like Quenton Nelson or Malik Jefferson

A lot of team's are leary of his height and so called off field problems.

he is listed at 6 2......unless this is wrong there shouldnt be a problem with any QB betw 6 1 and 6 5..over 6 5 and they tend to get way too slow. under 6 1 they need to be very quick.

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Cleveland can be funny.

They have #1 AND #4. I could see them sitting there at #1 and saying they have another pick in a few picks and will still get one of the top 3 QBs along with 2 more 1st round draft picks and more.

Really wouldn't be a terrible move for them, either.

Get the best QB at 1 and don't :censored: around trying to be cute. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Most think he is 6 foot or less. I could care less , the kid can play.

ohh...exaggeration job there on the height........well the guy is a winner and from what i have seen he does what it takes out there. Brees is 6 ft if hes lucky in his heels;)

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

about time this franchise drafts a legit QB.....mind boggling the dumb decisions that were made.

• Like (+1) 1