A Few Thoughts About the Jags Game

Virgil

6 hours ago, PeterGriffin said:

What happened the last time Jax played in Pittsburgh?

I don't expect the Jags to win either but you never know.

Big Ben had his worst game in years, and threw 5 picks. That was an anomaly, and surely won't happen next Sunday.

11 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Or maybe, just maybe, our OC is garbage and can't figure out how to run an effective screen play. 

What plays today did TT throw off target that cost our receiver a chance at YAC? 

So, you didn't watch the game?

So I went to the game yesterday, and didn't have great seats, so I've been watching the game tonight, on my DVR. I don't know why I torture myself like this, but I do. So I'm through the first half, and I'm just sick. So here we go:

1)  On the VERY FIRST play of the game, a pass to Clay, after the play is over, the Jag DB taunts Clay by purposefully moving to stand over him after he's down, the after he gets up he gets right in his face and woofs at him....No flag thrown...was as obvious a "Taunting" as could possibly be.

2) Technical Director for the game was absolutely 100% a Jags fan. Even though there were thousands of Bills fans there, EVERY single fan shot in the 1st half was of a Jag fan hootin & hollerin or just being an A$$. LOL Didn't matter who was on offense or defense....sickening.

3) The facemask penalty on the Bills near the end of the first half (as they received a Punt!) was never shown, nor explained. Only game in the country going on, with probably 20 cameras and they didn't catch it!? They never should a replay, so I just rewound the live action shot over and over trying to find it, but I could not.

4) When the Bills got in the Red Zone, of course there was that missed pass by TT to a very open O'Leary. But before the offsides that gave the Bills a fresh set of downs, on 3rd and two from the two, the Bills called a designed run for TT with three guys wide right. NOBODY contained on the right side as the receivers pushed their guys into the end zone, and it would have been the easiest run in the world for TT to go that way, but he didn't.

5) With 28 secs left, the Jags are driving, and Bortles takes off to his left for his 2nd big run of the drive, however, on the right side, as plain as day, for all the world to see, the Jags DT trying to block Lorenzo Alexander has TO PUT HIS RIGHT ARM AROUND ALEXANDERS NECK to stop him! It's as blatant a holding as there has ever been in this league.

Like I said, I'm still a bit sick. :angry:

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, fansince88 said:

So, you didn't watch the game?

Classic. If you can't refute an argument with actual evidence you can break out with the "did you even watch the game". 

To be clear: I'm not saying that Tyrod is a very accurate QB. I'm saying the Bills lack of YAC has more to do with our playcalling than it does with Tyrod's accuracy. 

52 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Classic. If you can't refute an argument with actual evidence you can break out with the "did you even watch the game". 

To be clear: I'm not saying that Tyrod is a very accurate QB. I'm saying the Bills lack of YAC has more to do with our playcalling than it does with Tyrod's accuracy. 

So.....you didn't? There is no way you watched and missed the fact that TT had a 43.7 QBR? There was no YAC because he didn't get it in the hands of the receivers but a whopping 17 out of 37 attempts. Let me do the math for you. That is 20 missed passes.... NOT GOOD! 

Don't give me the "you cant refute" garbage. Throwing 5 yards ahead of our deep threats in the game what, 4 times I believe? There would have been plenty of YAC on them. If your OC calls these plays and the QB cant make them what do you expect? I am in the camp of consistency for once in 17 years. Keep moving forward with the OC and get a player that can execute. 

Edited by fansince88

On 1/7/2018 at 10:18 PM, Virgil said:

That's like being proud of banging the school slut.  Slowing down our offense is something most teams have done this year

You were only limited to 3 points once before this year vs. the Pats. I'm sure it has nothing to do with our overrated D and everything to do with Blake's incredible offensive prowess.

20 minutes ago, SwagJag said:

You were only limited to 3 points once before this year vs. the Pats. I'm sure it has nothing to do with our overrated D and everything to do with Blake's incredible offensive prowess.

OMG, you just can't stay away.....you're like an Opioid addict. :D

After watching the game last night on my DVR, it became even more clear that the vaunted Jags D is way overrated. If the Bills would have had even an average QB at the helm, it wouldn't have even be close. As it was, the Jags had to hold on by the skin of their teeth, AND depend on an anomaly of a QB being the top/most effective runner.

Come back here Sunday night and tell me how good that D is. :P

On 1/7/2018 at 5:26 PM, LEBills said:

When Bortles killed us with a scramble before the half, we should have planned to spy him the rest of the way. Make the adjustment at halftime. Once he started gaining yards running, he got his confidence and their offense became somewhat effective.

Spy him or figure out how to stop him from running and this is a different game. Bortles would have had to throw more and that probably would mean a turnover. Do that and run from the one yard line and we probably are on our way to New England. So frustrating. Especially since Bortles did the same thing to us last year.

Happy about our season but man I think we were some better coaching away from winning that game.

Didn't Romo make that observation ( have a spy) in the 4th QTR as well? 

14 minutes ago, boco357 said:

Milano was missed terribly in this game.

Yup, he was. There was one play on the Jag's first offensive drive if it was Milano instead of Humber in coverage it was at least a batted pass, or an INT. Plus, he's not as slow as Humber or Alexander(had a really good game). 

Sucks, defense played well. 

5 hours ago, SwagJag said:

Wrong, Carolina kept us to 3 points in week 2. Saints would've held us to 3 pts if it wasn't for a garbage time TD by Peterman with like 1:54 left on the clock when it was 47-3. That is 4 times in 17 games played. That's at 24% of the games we played with our 1st string offense we failed to put up a touchdown. Our offense sucked.  

Must feel nice to win, and congratulations. But, Bad Blake has reared his ugly head for 3 straight weeks. He cannot play like that against the Steelers or Pats if yo u guys are going to advance. Good luck.

40 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Yup, he was. There was one play on the Jag's first offensive drive if it was Milano instead of Humber in coverage it was at least a batted pass, or an INT. Plus, he's not as slow as Humber or Alexander(had a really good game). 

Sucks, defense played well. 

Wrong, Carolina kept us to 3 points in week 2. Saints would've held us to 3 pts if it wasn't for a garbage time TD by Peterman with like 1:54 left on the clock when it was 47-3. That is 4 times in 17 games played. That's at 24% of the games we played with our 1st string offense we failed to put up a touchdown. Our offense sucked.  

Must feel nice to win, and congratulations. But, Bad Blake has reared his ugly head for 3 straight weeks. He cannot play like that against the Steelers or Pats if yo u guys are going to advance. Good luck.

Don't forget that this potent offense was further limited by the fact that it's best player was injured and it was basically a game time decision for him to play.  Vaunted defense indeed.

6 hours ago, John in Jax said:

OMG, you just can't stay away.....you're like an Opioid addict. :D

After watching the game last night on my DVR, it became even more clear that the vaunted Jags D is way overrated. If the Bills would have had even an average QB at the helm, it wouldn't have even be close. As it was, the Jags had to hold on by the skin of their teeth, AND depend on an anomaly of a QB being the top/most effective runner.

Come back here Sunday night and tell me how good that D is. :P

Over rated? On what grounds? They did almoat become the first team in 50+ yeara to leas the nfl in points allowed takeaways and sacks. There is nothing over rated about the jags defense.

3 hours ago, Cmdjr85 said:

Over rated? On what grounds? They did almoat become the first team in 50+ yeara to leas the nfl in points allowed takeaways and sacks. There is nothing over rated about the jags defense.

Check out who they played....their strength of schedule.....and get back to me. ?