This game was over at halftime

Process

We absolutely dominated the first half. Jax didn't do a good damn thing. And yet we went into half tied. Mainly due to bad play calling, dropped balls, and missed throws. 

Jax must have went into the locker room feeling like they were up three scores. They scored the last points, we're getting it after half, had the momentum. 

This team is not good enough on offense, and they are too good on defense, for us to recover from that. 

Good season boys, and thank you D for showing up today. 

And most importantly, bye bye TT!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My gut told me the same thing. 1st and goal at the one after a long time consuming drive and then you get pass happy. Then you go mega aggressive on offense when you should run to make Jax burn timeouts and go into halftime up. Instead lack of thinking makes it tied at halftime and you knew Jacksonville would improve in the 2nd half.

Any semblance of offense and Bills win this game easily! Just a couple thoughts:

1. Huge kudos to Shady. What a gamer!!!

2. This loss wasn't on the Defense. They did everything you wanted them to do.

3. Hopefully TT is okay after the hit he took at the end of the game. Disappointing he didn't run more this game. Big plays were there all day but his hesitation was on full display. Most passes were checkdowns or super safe short passes. No anticipation at all.

4. With that said, #1 priority is a QB in the offseason.

5. Solid first year under McDermott. Culture is established. Adding a QB that throws downfield, a playmaking LB and a stud DT run stuffer will be instant upgrades to this team.

6. Hopefully they can resign EJ Gaines at CB.

7. Need to add depth at RB and CB.

8. Offensive Coordinator needs to go. When you haven't a scored a TD in the 4th quarter in ages, you have major issues. Plus just no sense of urgency at all during the game.

9. Hats off to BillsMafia! You showed the nation the passion our fanbase has. Super impressive.

10. In the end the Jags were certainly the more talented team but this game was there for the taking. Bills failed to make the critical plays when needed and unfortunately that's the thin line between winning and losing in the NFL.

High expectations for the 2018 season!!! Havent been able to say that in a very long time.

• Like (+1) 2

It usually is. We've scored 3 points total in 7 games in the 4th quarter. Tyrod can't read a defense for crap, overthrew every deep pass he attempted, and won't throw to the open guy & opts to check down.

Oh, but it's Dennison's fault he doesn't execute.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Thank you (+1) 2

At the risk of being blasted, sometimes really good defenses can make offenses look like the suck.  I'm not saying we don't need improvement (we do), but let's see if anybody else is capable of putting up a bunch of points on this Jacksonville squad in the playoffs before making full judgement.

10 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

At the risk of being blasted, sometimes really good defenses can make offenses look like the suck.  I'm not saying we don't need improvement (we do), but let's see if anybody else is capable of putting up a bunch of points on this Jacksonville squad in the playoffs before making full judgement.

Steeler should lite them up next week. There were tons of plays of the field that TT missed. Solid QB and playcalling and Bills should of won. 17-10 or somewhere in that ball park. Disappointing with how well our D played.

1 hour ago, Klaista2k said:

Our offense is a joke.

I don't know who is more to blame Taylor or Dennison but the offense just sucks ass. 

I'm done blaming Dennison. We started well enough, and that's been the case in a lot of games. This tells me that Dennison does a reasonably good job creating a game plan for the limited talent he has, and for planning to exploit weaknesses in the opposing team's defense. The fact that things fall apart in the second half is sometimes blamed on the failure to make adjustments at the coaching level. I'd say it's more likely that it's the inability of the current offensive players to adjust. There's just a big talent gap here. Beyond Shady, where are the playmakers? If Tyrod isn't doing it with his legs, he isn't doing it period. Clay? Benjamin? Who else is there?

1 hour ago, Georgia Bill said:

What about the rest of the games the offense did nothing?

1 hour ago, TFBillsfan said:

Steeler should lite them up next week. There were tons of plays of the field that TT missed. Solid QB and playcalling and Bills should of won. 17-10 or somewhere in that ball park. Disappointing with how well our D played.

Didn’t Ben throw 5 picks vs the jags this season in a blowout loss?