smith = bledsoe

So which one would you rather have for 2018?

A. Tyrod

B. Alex Smith

C. Andy Dalton

D. Kirk Cousins

(Of course, I'm assuming that both the Chiefs and the Bengals would be ready to move on).  Note that we should also take into account their contracts (or expected contract for Cousins) + what we'd likely have to give up for them (for Smith and Dalton).

EDIT: I'd go for Dalton. One year left on his contract, and I'm guessing a 2nd rounder would do it. Younger than Smith. Cheaper/shorter term than Cousins. Allows for development of a rookie QB if they choose not to re-sign him. Plus we all know that Dalton has an epic record of failure in Sunday/Monday night games, but given the infrequency with which the Bills play in those prime time slots, this would not be a problem in Buffalo ...

Edited by The Frankish Reich

I think people forget Bledsoe or particularly the actual situations he played in.  Bledsoe played his first season with Riemersma, Centers, Price, and Moulds.  All four of those players were good for 50 to 80 catches.  Then they lost all but one of those players and Bledsoe was exposed as a statue and the only reason we sniffed the playoffs is because of the defense. 

17 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

A. Tyrod

B. Alex Smith

C. Andy Dalton

D. Kirk Cousins

(Of course, I'm assuming that both the Chiefs and the Bengals would be ready to move on).  Note that we should also take into account their contracts (or expected contract for Cousins) + what we'd likely have to give up for them (for Smith and Dalton).

EDIT: I'd go for Dalton. One year left on his contract, and I'm guessing a 2nd rounder would do it. Younger than Smith. Cheaper/shorter term than Cousins. Allows for development of a rookie QB if they choose not to re-sign him. Plus we all know that Dalton has an epic record of failure in Sunday/Monday night games, but given the infrequency with which the Bills play in those prime time slots, this would not be a problem in Buffalo ...

How bout swap TT for Dalton, and keep our drafts picks = division contender ...

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

We need a BOLD move this off season. 

First, Alex Smith is a huge upgrade from Tyrod Taylor. HUGE upgrade. 

We need to bring in Smith or we need to throw caution to the wind and make a huge trade to bring in one of the big four. 

Or....there’s a huge chance we don’t trade up and target Mason Rudolph....

He’d be a major upgrade for sure. 

29 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

He’d be a major upgrade for sure. 

I felt I’ve had to include that because I’ve heard people say Tyrod’s a good, solid starter, just like Alex Smith and I think Smith is on another level. Smith is in the level just below elite. He’s not in the top 5, but you’ll always have a shot.

i just wanna see the bills  go far ..wasnt trying to get cryptic or picky the focus is on game today

im already tired of alex smith crap he is no better than bledsoe all im saying.

penguin = roadracer er runner hahaha no not close they both suck. i see ya man.

blabbermouth ? really? they signed nickelback ruined there street cred.

2 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I felt I’ve had to include that because I’ve heard people say Tyrod’s a good, solid starter, just like Alex Smith and I think Smith is on another level. Smith is in the level just below elite. He’s not in the top 5, but you’ll always have a shot.

Much of this is right but it took Smith what 10 years as a starter to get to where he is?  Even his first seasons with the Chiefs, hell even last year, look much like Taylors.

Bledsoe was slooow , like a statue at the end.   Smith moves well.  Bledsoe had a better arm.  They are not really a like at all.  Smith is 33 with probably 3-5 solid years left him 

7 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

A. Tyrod

B. Alex Smith

C. Andy Dalton

D. Kirk Cousins

E.  anybody but A