Lamar Jackson Declares for the 2018 NFL Draft

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The Ravens would be wise to take him.  They drafted Tyrod under similar circumstances and LJ is a similar - but much better - player.  Flacco will be phased out over the next 1-2 years and then LJ can step in and dominate.

That's a good call.

I'd be shocked if he made it to Buffalo's pick.

What Watson did in Houston HAS to help his draft stock.

When those two faced off Watson was definitely the lesser star talent and that is saying something.

If Jackson fails to be better it will probably be a personality/processing issue because on the hoof dude is BETTER.

44 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Other than being the same Color, Jackson and Taylor are nothing alike. 

What are you talking about?  They are both mobile as hell and they both aren't traditional pocket QB's.  They both also have strong arms and aren't known to be great anticipation throwers.  Plenty of similarities, you simply are trying to make this something that it's not.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Magox said:

What are you talking about?  They are both mobile as hell and they both aren't traditional pocket QB's.  They both also have strong arms and aren't known to be great anticipation throwers.  Plenty of similarities, you simply are trying to make this something that it's not.

Lamar Jacksons biggest strengths are his mobility in the pocket, his ability to create a new Pocket and to create a new platform to release the ball.

Basically everything Taylor is terrible at.  

7 hours ago, Magox said:

Lamar is a better anticipatory thrower than Tyrod and getting better at it daily. If I'm the Bills and I have an opportunity at drafting Lamar Jackson, I'm doing it. He's going to need a bridge QB and a good one would be Alex Smith. Lamar's floor is Michael Vick. His ceiling is Randall Cunningham. Who knows, with his work ethic he could be Warren Moon.

I’ll just leave this here for everyone:

one thing about Jackson, he is so much faster at everything he does than everyone else. Defenders start collapsing the pocket on him and he takes a few steps and is out of reach. When he gets to the NFL game, it won’t be athletically too fast for him. He may need to learn to process info faster, but what kid doesn’t need work on that coming out of college.

2018 is shaping up to be an excellent class and I’d be excited if we get any of the top 5 QBs in RD 1.

11 hours ago, LEBills said:

one thing about Jackson, he is so much faster at everything he does than everyone else. Defenders start collapsing the pocket on him and he takes a few steps and is out of reach. When he gets to the NFL game, it won’t be athletically too fast for him. He may need to learn to process info faster, but what kid doesn’t need work on that coming out of college.

2018 is shaping up to be an excellent class and I’d be excited if we get any of the top 5 QBs in RD 1.

Pretty evident from that analysis which of the two is favored by the analyst.  I have no basis to dispute the work but you do have to wonder how much of it is because of the selection of what gets focused on by the analyst and what plays he chooses to demonstrate.  What is interesting to see is that the line between good and bad is razor thin.  Both of these guys have talent the question becomes can they get coaching and turn that talent into a high level of play in the NFL?  

On January 6, 2018 at 9:55 AM, BuffaloBill said:

Pretty evident from that analysis which of the two is favored by the analyst.  I have no basis to dispute the work but you do have to wonder how much of it is because of the selection of what gets focused on by the analyst and what plays he chooses to demonstrate.  What is interesting to see is that the line between good and bad is razor thin.  Both of these guys have talent the question becomes can they get coaching and turn that talent into a high level of play in the NFL?  

It's pretty evident which QB, regardless of which clips you show, shows better poise, pocket presence and decision making. Jackson seems to process things faster and doing this against the premiere pass rusher in this year's draft. 

On January 5, 2018 at 9:57 PM, LEBills said:

I just put this on the Do you take Lamar Jackson post

Now with Daboll as OC, I think I would draft Jackson if he’s available at 21. If they can develop an offense similar to what O’Brien did with Watson or Pederson did with Wentz, I think Bills can have a star player. Definitely will need a deep threat WR to compliment Jones and Benjamin for it to work.

12 minutes ago, K-Apps said:

Now with Daboll as OC, I think I would draft Jackson if he’s available at 21. If they can develop an offense similar to what O’Brien did with Watson or Pederson did with Wentz, I think Bills can have a star player. Definitely will need a deep threat WR to compliment Jones and Benjamin for it to work.

Bring in Bradford as the "bridge QB". Someone Jackson could learn from and still allow the Bills to win games interim.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.