A Few Thoughts About the Dolphins Game

Virgil

4 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Our defense was responsible for most of the wins, and when the D played poorly, it was lousy tackling, not so much the scheme, so I'd be hard pressed to dump the DC at this point. We know we need to replace Dareus and a couple of LBs, and get some depth in the secondary. Let's see what Frazier can do with better talent.

....appreciate your perspective......I remember way back when McD hired Frazier and the "pundits" here labeled him as a "glorified DB Coach"......tough crowd.........

Nice writeup. Hopefully we can get one more good-feeing wrap-up post from you after next week. 

Re: McDermott - We may not all agree with all of his decisions, but he has done something really special with this club and that is building a TEAM. In all my years of watching NFL football, I have never seen a bunch celebrate the achievements of their teammates like this club does. They are disciplined and play selfless football. With all the players they let go and all the new players who came in, that is not an easy thing to do. It was such a contrast compared to watching the fins yesterday. I hope this ride can continue one more week! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....appreciate your perspective......I remember way back when McD hired Frazier and the "pundits" here labeled him as a "glorified DB Coach"......tough crowd.........

Yeah, a 17 year playoff drought will do that to fans. What some people call a cynic is what others call a realist.

20 minutes ago, Big C said:

Good writeup. Just want to point out that Mills allowed a couple sacks and then got hurt. It was actually Henderson that came in and played well. 

Unless I totally missed him come back into the game.

He did. I mentioned the sack he gave up.  But considering they didn’t give him any support and that was all he gave up....

He’s come a long way 

43 minutes ago, Big C said:

Good writeup. Just want to point out that Mills allowed a couple sacks and then got hurt. It was actually Henderson that came in and played well. 

Unless I totally missed him come back into the game.

Yes sir. Mills did come back I am almost certain

Great comments as usual Virgil.  I always look to your review, and your spot on.  This team has something special, and you can really see the difference some great coaching makes.

Its a great day today to be a Bills fan, and even my NE buddies are rooting for a Bills win next week-because it will be the best game all season to watch if they face each other again.    I would be completely pumped for a rematch of last week where maybe the Refs wont determine the game!

Go BIlls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Behindenemylines said:

Great comments as usual Virgil.  I always look to your review, and your spot on.  This team has something special, and you can really see the difference some great coaching makes.

Its a great day today to be a Bills fan, and even my NE buddies are rooting for a Bills win next week-because it will be the best game all season to watch if they face each other again.    I would be completely pumped for a rematch of last week where maybe the Refs wont determine the game!

Go BIlls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could say I was looking forward to that matchup.  

But it there’s something to be said for meeting the same team 3 times in 5 weeks. 

• Like (+1) 1

Great review Virgil...there is something special about this one for sure.  

I still can't believe it all came together and we got the bounces we needed in the final minutes...

This does feel like something more for sure...its been a long haul.  Cheers and a hug bro!

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don't read any other threads postgame until i see yours(and previously John In NYC.  This weekend i was traveling and didn't find yours as i was mostly on mobile.  Got into work this morning, paged around until i found it.  Well worth the wait and you summed it up perfectly.  Now I can read other threads to see what developments have happened.  GO BILLS!!!!!!

Edited by The Poojer