Build ? around ? Tyrod ?

LA Grant

42 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Got that video evidence yet?

seem to throw lier around alot. But yet no proof the statement i made is a lie. 

4th - 12 three in coverage open checkdown for the 1st. TT will NOT make THAT throw. 

So keep trying or keep lieing that he can make THAT throw or get a grasp on the English Language not sure which it is

You stated he doesnt make that throw. I told you that you were wrong. He made a deep throw in coverage to clay vs atlanta this year. You stated he didnt. I just told you he did. Hence either you are ignorant or are lying. You choose.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, LA Grant said:

Cutting or trading Tyrod would be a horrible mistake. I hope securing playoffs means Tyrod has secured his future here. Build around him, you jags!

Really, it wouldn't. He can make some plays, but not enough to overcome his limitations as a passer. 

The only thing I’ll chime in on with TT is:

The guy has won. He had the circus of Rex (yes  i know Rex brought him to begin with). But Rex fired Roman bc he didnt have the cojones to fire one of his own guys and Rex needed a scapegoat to buy him some more time. 

Then Lynn did an awesome job with TT but it was too good of a job bc that landed him a HC gig.

Now we have Dennison and a completely new set of WR and TT was still winning games. 

What I would want TT to get is some consitency with WR and the OC (more than 1 season)

Having said that I dont like Dennison at all and I dont think TT is a good match for Dennison. But one more season offensive line might be better and WR chemistry can improve. 

If we do cut TT i would also like to fire Dennison and start fresh on the offensive side for the rookie QB. There is nothing fresh about Rico, im sorry. 

Which option would you prefer next seasons:

A.  Keep TT and Dennison

B.  Keep TT and fire Dennison

C.  Cut TT and keep Dennison

D.  Cut TT and fire Dennison

I would personally want option A followed by B and then D. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES do we cut TT but keep Dennison. Id vomit. 

Edited by bobobonators
  • Like (+1) 1

Tyrod has gotta go. Plain and simple. Elite athlete, saves a lot of sacks, average at quarterback and that’s being generous. 

I’d rather see Cousins, Alex Smith, Eli, Palmer, basically any halfway decent bet bridge the gap for a rookie quarterback or peterman. 

Tyrod makes some exciting plays nobody else in the whole league can make, but it’s not worth everything he misses and leaves on the field. If Dennison is staying you need a quarterback that can get the ball out in 3 seconds or less. That is not Tyrods game. 

Barring a miracle postseason from Taylor I can’t see him staying. He’d have to take a pay cut or a new coordinator hired who loves Tyrod and wants to build an offense for him. 

40 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Please god no, Taylor needs to leave, I outlined this scenario of the Bills making the playoffs. Shady has a good year along with the defense getting turnovers = a possibility of the Bills sneaking into the wildcard. We could find any QB that can throw for 2,799 and 14 TD's. I would rather go into next season with AJ McCarron and a top rookie. I think fate is trying to tell us something, with the McCarron trade falling through and a Bengals QB getting us to the playoffs. We need to get AJ McCarron.

I could get behind this plan. 

Yes. I like it -- go with AJMcC and run the two kid QBs behind him for a year or two. 

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

Tyrod needs to direct ALL his talents to picking up a phone, calling Any Dalton, and thanking him profusely... Then doing the same for Tyler Boyd.

Don't forget to thank Joe Webb for the bomb in the snow. Don't forget to thank MCCoy for the 40 yard TD run to ice the Bucs game.don't forget to thank the D for holding the Cheaps to 10 points. Don't forget to thank the D for all those lucky picks. Without those, Dalton's TD means squat.

16 hours ago, LA Grant said:

I'd love to see what Tyrod could do with a cast of receivers that he has worked with for more than a handful of weeks. Wouldn't that be something? Haters should check his numbers when he had a healthy Watkins, Woods, and Goodwin on the field before this season. I won't even get greedy and ask for an OC who knows how to call RPOs that would suit Tyrod's skillset. Just some consistency would be great.

Even with the handicap of a rotating cast of receivers this year, we ended a 17 year playoff drought.  Still somehow people are convinced we'd be better off with someone else. You'd rather have the likes of Andy Dalton? Joe Flacco? Sam Bradford? Sam Darnold? 

Keep drafting QBs. Look for that Hall of Fame franchise guy. Trade up if you're within striking distance.

Cutting or trading Tyrod would be a horrible mistake. I hope securing playoffs means Tyrod has secured his future here. Build around him, you jags!

I acknowledge your point.  It's a valid one.  Rico didn't build an offense around TT's skill set and Tyrod's rarely had a good group of receivers running routes for him.

On the other hand, Tyrod sometimes holds the ball too long, sometimes misses wide open guys, and sometimes just doesn't see wide open guys.   He has his own shortcomings that go beyond Rico and the receiving corps.

My position is that Tyrod remain the QB until we find someone better.  And we should actively be looking (in the draft, especially) for someone better.   The Pats drafted Brady when they still had Bledsoe.  The Chargers drafted Rivers when they still had Brees.  The 49ers acquired Young when they still had Montana.  However much you may think of Tyrod, I still think you look for someone better.

But Tyrod remains our pivot man until that guy is found.  While we could do better than Tyrod, we could do far worse as Bills history shows.  

39 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Do we build around Preston brown and Shareece Wright too ? 

They probably rank about 20th at their positions too 

You mean the Preston Brown who led the league in tackles this year?

39 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Really, it wouldn't. He can make some plays, but not enough to overcome his limitations as a passer. 

And who are you replacing him with that would be an obvious upgrade?

15 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Tyrod's trade value will never be higher than it is right now. Barring a win over the Jaguars.

Now, this is how we all should be thinking...for too long the Bills always seem to buy high and sell low...here is our chance to turn over a new leaf...now that he is a playoff QB I think we might be able to get a 3rd for him

24 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Tyrod has gotta go. Plain and simple. Elite athlete, saves a lot of sacks, average at quarterback and that’s being generous. 

I’d rather see Cousins, Alex Smith, Eli, Palmer, basically any halfway decent bet bridge the gap for a rookie quarterback or peterman. 

Tyrod makes some exciting plays nobody else in the whole league can make, but it’s not worth everything he misses and leaves on the field. If Dennison is staying you need a quarterback that can get the ball out in 3 seconds or less. That is not Tyrods game. 

Barring a miracle postseason from Taylor I can’t see him staying. He’d have to take a pay cut or a new coordinator hired who loves Tyrod and wants to build an offense for him. 

Wow,  this is bad. What makes you think any of these QBs would be any better than TT in Buffalo? You're not making the team better by doing this. You're swapping one thing for another - big deal. 

23 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

I could get behind this plan. 

Yes. I like it -- go with AJMcC and run the two kid QBs behind him for a year or two. 

LOLOLOLOLOL!

What has AJ ever done to make you think he could be better than TT?

11 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Now, this is how we all should be thinking...for too long the Bills always seem to buy high and sell low...here is our chance to turn over a new leaf...now that he is a playoff QB I think we might be able to get a 3rd for him

This would've been a very typical thing for the drought era Bills to do.  It's so drought. Bills are now in the post drought era. Its about winnning now.  Not putting everything on hold until we draft the golden armed high 1st round Franchise QB.

I know this is going to be hard on some of y'all.

I suspect there is ZERO chance we trade a playoff QB for a 3rd round draft pick.

I'm kinda digging this winning thing.

Edited by reddogblitz

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Prevent defense.   Ever hear of it?

At least a half dozen times TT held onto the ball too long.   Even a fraction of a second matters in games.  

It was 19 to 0 when the turtle went into his shell. 

I'm sorry. Am I missing something? 

Did we - lose?!?

54 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

You stated he doesnt make that throw. I told you that you were wrong. He made a deep throw in coverage to clay vs atlanta this year. You stated he didnt. I just told you he did. Hence either you are ignorant or are lying. You choose.

4thand 12. 59 second 1st down in flat 3 to tie and he nails a 49 yard TD. Still waiting for your video evidence of THAT throw

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

sorry, but you're incorrect here. He had the amazing Sammy Watkins, Bob Woods, Glass Goodwin AND charles clay for two seasons, and he knocked his head on the ceiling of 3000 yards or so.

Go ahead and take a look at Tyrod's stats when he had all those guys healthy at the same time. It wasn't often, if you recall. But when it happened... well, just go take a look, and merry christmas.

5 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Wow,  this is bad. What makes you think any of these QBs would be any better than TT in Buffalo? You're not making the team better by doing this. You're swapping one thing for another - big deal. 

LOLOLOLOLOL!

What has AJ ever done to make you think he could be better than TT?

What has Tyrod done that makes you think AJMcC would be any worse? Taylor has been running the worst passing offense in football for three straight years. If AJMcC can get you to the 29th or 27th ranked passing offense, that would actually be an improvement. 

Regardless, I don't particularly care. McCarron would be here to bring up Peterman & the rookie. I also think Fitz would be good for this role as well. 

Taylor is a great pro, but the key to his game is found in his special skill set. It's of no use for any other young QB, because they don't have his athleticism.  We need the young guys to read defenses, attack coverages, and identify NFL passing windows.

15 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

This would've been a very typical thing for the drought era Bills to do.  It's so drought. Bills are now in the post drought era. Its about winnning now.  Not putting everything on hold until we draft the golden armed high 1st round Franchise QB.

I know this is going to be hard on some of y'all.

I suspect there is ZERO chance we trade a playoff QB for a 3rd round draft pick.

I'm kinda digging this winning thing.

We all are excited...but the goal should always be about winning a championship...and Taylor simply is not good enough...like McD says, we are not there yet...

and dont one forget about the chiefs...they were in the afc title game and STILL thought their QB wasn’t good enough 

Edited by JaCrispy

32 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I acknowledge your point.  It's a valid one.  Rico didn't build an offense around TT's skill set and Tyrod's rarely had a good group of receivers running routes for him.

On the other hand, Tyrod sometimes holds the ball too long, sometimes misses wide open guys, and sometimes just doesn't see wide open guys.   He has his own shortcomings that go beyond Rico and the receiving corps.

My position is that Tyrod remain the QB until we find someone better.  And we should actively be looking (in the draft, especially) for someone better.   The Pats drafted Brady when they still had Bledsoe.  The Chargers drafted Rivers when they still had Brees.  The 49ers acquired Young when they still had Montana.  However much you may think of Tyrod, I still think you look for someone better.

But Tyrod remains our pivot man until that guy is found.  While we could do better than Tyrod, we could do far worse as Bills history shows. 

Yep, this is exactly right. 

Tyrod isn't perfect. But he is good enough that you don't dump him until you have found your Brady, Brees, or Young. 

Not when Tyrod has over-achieved to the level that he has in his time here. It's just foolishness to start over again.

3 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

Go ahead and take a look at Tyrod's stats when he had all those guys healthy at the same time. It wasn't often, if you recall. But when it happened... well, just go take a look, and merry christmas.

Must have been one of the zero times Taylor threw for 300 yards in regulation, right?