Sammy who?

SJDK

1 hour ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

Yes, that would have been perfect.  We win 1-2 more games this year to make playoffs, get an equal or better replacement in FA or draft.  Perfect.

That just doesn't make sense to me.  Also, Sammy wasn't healthy at all last year.  Played in 8 games, who knows if he'd have been healthy here.  Even if we won one or two more games, that's all you want??  No long term success goal??  Just one year of playoffs and then back to having a bunch more needs?  You create another need with WR anyway and you don't have the two players that you got from the trade.  If Gaines signs a deal and we have the second round pick, that could be two starters filling two needs for the next few years.  You'd be fine with having none of that?  I guess I just find that foolish.

52 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

It will come.  BTW, I'd rather have Sammy than Zay at this point, his heir apparent on the Bills :bag:

He didn't act like he wanted to be here.  I don't think he would resign here.  So, you would've never seen the top talent the guy had after paying two 1st round picks for him and a 4th and gotten nothing as he left in free agency.  I'd be screaming at the front office.  I'm glad they got something for him.  If Gaines resigns (which is possible as he looks like a solid fit in this scheme) and the second round pick becomes a starter, we fill two needs instead of filling none and Sammy leaves.  We gotta be a little realistic, the guy wasn't happy here. 

Just now, Wily Dog said:

all of the people that McD and Beane got rid of either didn't want to be here , didn't want to perform, or were not a fit for the "process". I for one am glad they are gone. The I's and me's can be replaced with some we's.

Marcell Dareus AFC South Division Champion, Sammy Watkins NFC West Division Champion, Ronald Darby NFC East Division Champion.  :beer:

Process That!

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Nice of you to stop by again Russ.

I'm sure there are plenty of players on the Bills RIGHT NOW that don't want to be here.

Tough ****. You don't just players away because they don't want to be here. 

It seems that is exactly what they did and probably more will follow. I would hope  that the underperforms are gone but if they are not they will be shown the door.

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Marcell Dareus AFC South Division Champion, Sammy Watkins NFC West Division Champion, Ronald Darby NFC East Division Champion.  :beer:

Process That!

Haha those teams are wildly talented otherwise.  It's not because of those players but good for them.  Todd Gurley is an MVP candidate, Carson Wentz was an MVP candidate before injury and the Jags defense as a whole is monsterous led by Calais Campell who some analysts have said should get some defensive player of the year votes.  But sure, we can give the credit to these three guys.  Dareus with his one sack...far fall from 10 in 2014.  

1 minute ago, Buffalo30 said:

Haha those teams are wildly talented otherwise.  It's not because of those players but good for them.  Todd Gurley is an MVP candidate, Carson Wentz was an MVP candidate before injury and the Jags defense as a whole is monsterous led by Calais Campell who some analysts have said should get some defensive player of the year votes.  But sure, we can give the credit to these three guys.  Dareus with his one sack...far fall from 10 in 2014.  

Yeah Yeah.  Try to rationalize their contributions away.  

While I'm at it Kevon Seymour and Kaelin Clay are also playoff bound. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yeah Yeah.  Try to rationalize their contributions away.  

While I'm at it Kevon Seymour and Kaelin Clay are also playoff bound. 

No doubt they've contributed but you're telling me that those teams weren't talented enough even before those players?  I mentioned all of the MVP and DPOY candidates.  I should also mention Aaron Donald for the Rams, been a monster this year.  Those players are benefitting from being on talented teams too dude. 

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Starting players on playoff teams are minimal contributors. Okay. If that makes you feel better then go for it.

I am going for it because their minimal contributions for the Bill's were not up to a playoff caliber player and they proved that on the field. hurray for them that they got on a playoff bound team.

2 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

It will come.  BTW, I'd rather have Sammy than Zay at this point, his heir apparent on the Bills :bag:

Yeah, and I'd rather have Gaines, a 2nd rounder and millions in cap savings than the underperforming Watkins.  

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Process That!

Mhmm let me try.

Here Dareus was paid and expected to be the impact player on defense. He wasn't. In Jacksonville he is about the 4th best Dlineman and is now a role player.

Sammy Watkins is the 4th recieiving option behind Woods, Kupp and Gurley. I know I know poor Sammy faces number 1 corners...and no teams game plan to stop TG.

As usual poor Sammy.

Ronald Darby missed 8 games, Philly was already well on their way. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Mhmm let me try.

Here Dareus was paid and expected to be the impact player on defense. He wasn't. In Jacksonville he is about the 4th best Dlineman and is now a role player.

Sammy Watkins is the 4th recieiving option behind Woods, Kupp and Gurley. I know I know poor Sammy faces number 1 corners...and no teams game plan to stop TG.

As usual poor Sammy.

Ronald Darby missed 8 games, Philly was already well on their way. 

Just now, Green Lightning said:

Wow you're right. Those teams would have sucked without those guys.

Feel better?  

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Process That!

So Marcell, Watkins and Darby were major contributors and a reason why those teams succeeded?  :lol: